Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's another Carr coming out this year. Texans should totes take him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what happened to those QB from UGA, and Clemson?
Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
What other Qbs are out there? Teddy and who else? I really haven't followed draft at all this year.
Most people are excited about the sophomores (true and redshirt) this season (Mariota, Manziel, Hundley) so were all kind of sitting around waiting for people to declare.

There's also wild cards like Mettenburger and Bortles. I'm really interested to see where they go.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely forgot about Manziel. I'm so torn on him as a prospect. My brain says 3rd round at earliest. But it's hard to ignore his playmaking ability.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
what happened to those QB from UGA, and Clemson?
The former has a torn ACL and the latter played a football game against Florida State.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
But can they? That's the question. I'm not familiar with the cap hit. If say you lose 14 mill off the cap for cutting him but he's 15 mill if you keep him (hypothetical scenario) then I see no reason to cut him. I rather keep him and use him as a mentor/expensive backup.
If they cut Bradford this year, it's 7 million in dead money and 10 off the cap. If they June 1 him, it's 3 in dead money and 14 off the cap.

If they cut Bradford in 2015, its 3 in dead money and 11 off the cap.

At least as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
There's another Carr coming out this year. Texans should totes take him.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
If they cut Bradford this year, it's 7 million in dead money and 10 off the cap. If they June 1 him, it's 3 in dead money and 14 off the cap.

If they cut Bradford in 2015, its 3 in dead money and 11 off the cap.

At least as far as I know.
To me it's a no brainer then. I'd June 1st cut Bradford even if I don't have a top 5 pick. He's not good. Move on.

Bradford has no business being on the team next year.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
Most people are excited about the sophomores (true and redshirt) this season (Mariota, Manziel, Hundley) so were all kind of sitting around waiting for people to declare.

There's also wild cards like Mettenburger and Bortles. I'm really interested to see where they go.
Bortles is an interesting prospect. Big guy with a good arm and moves well in the pocket. Like Bridgewater his level of competition isn't great.

Derek Carr is probably the best combination of smarts, arm and mobility out there. Again not playing elite defenses and the Carr name may scare some away but shouldn't.

Along with Teddy that would be my top 3 guys and wouldn't it be great if they all threw and did all the other stuff at the combine.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you Vikings!

Lions @ Eagles next Sunday, should be a good one.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RG3 looks like that dude from Good Burger or whatever that stupid movie was called.
No he doesn't. That's Richard Sherman!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If they can cut Bradford they will in this scenario, but I don't see how they can. My point is, just bc you're stuck with Bradford's salary doesn't mean you should use that as a reason to pass on Teddy. Take Teddy anyway. The money will balance itself out in 2 years when Bradford is off the books.
Huh? Why can't they cut Bradford now? Of course they can. The dead money is only half of his base salary. They'd save like 7 million dollars by cutting him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
No he doesn't. That's Richard Sherman!
Ooooooh good point! That's EXACTLY who he is!!

The only thing RG3 has in common was the terrible hair.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Huh? Why can't they cut Bradford now? Of course they can. The dead money is only half of his base salary. They'd save like 7 million dollars by cutting him.
Yeah I was unaware of that. I read somewhere that it was gonna be a gigantic cap hit if they did, I was mistaken.

I'd cut him on June 1st regardless of whether they have a chance to draft Teddy or not. They should move on from him no matter what.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Yes he did, granted apparently I've seen every single good game of Bradford's career and missed all of the stinkers, but the kid's an NFL QB who can lead his that inexperienced and inconsistent team. But next year he needs to prove it, if he gets hurt again he's done as a starter, just can't be that injury prone.
Will you be saying that again for like the 54th straight year next season?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguars aren't the worst team in the league anymore!
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Jaguars aren't the worst team in the league anymore!
I think technically they weren't after last weeks win over Houston.

I was told in here that the Jags are the worst no matter what the records say. Must be the Blaine Gabbert affect.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think technically they weren't after last weeks win over Houston.

I was told in here that the Jags are the worst no matter what the records say. Must be the Blaine Gabbert affect.
The Jags are the longest rebuilding project still. Someone else can come in next year, make a few changes to Houston and they can be a winning team again in 2014 without question.

I can't say that with the Jaguars.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The Jags are the longest rebuilding project still. Someone else can come in next year, make a few changes to Houston and they can be a winning team again in 2014 without question.

I can't say that with the Jaguars.
Not going to argue that but i think the question is who is the worst in terms of draft position.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not going to argue that but i think the question is who is the worst in terms of draft position.
That's correct. Houston is picking #1.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That's correct. Houston is picking #1.
That'll be an interesting call if they have the #1 pick. Not sure there would be a big demand for that pick so they'd probably have to decide between a QB that is just good or a great defender like a Clowney. My guess is they would go with Clowney. If i had to go with a top 6:

Houston- Clowney
Atlanta - Barr
Jacksonville - Bridgewater
St Louis - Matthews
Minnesota - Carr
Tampa Bay- Watkins

Last edited by Babylon : 12-02-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Thursday's night game will decide who really picks #1

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
That'll be an interesting call if they have the #1 pick. Not sure there would be a big demand for that pick so they'd probably have to decide between a QB that is just good or a great defender like a Clowney. My guess is they would go with Clowney. If i had to go with a top 6:

Houston- Clowney
Atlanta - Barr
Jacksonville - Bridgewater
St Louis - Matthews
Minnesota - Carr
Tampa Bay- Watkins
At the moment it is:

Houston
Jacksonville
St. Louis (via Skins)
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
Minnesota
Cleveland
Old 12-02-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
So Thursday's night game will decide who really picks #1
If the Texans lose clearly. If they win you'll have like 5 teams with 3 wins and good luck trying to figure that draft order out.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Atlanta is the only team that doesn't take a QB.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah but what's the chances we see 6 qbs go in the top 7?