Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Will you be saying that again for like the 54th straight year next season?
i've been pretty patient with bradford so far and have yet to really doubt him too hard. This year was one where I thought he would break out and he got hurt, so now it's time to seriously look at replacing him making next year his last chance to show he can put together a healthy season in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
That'll be an interesting call if they have the #1 pick. Not sure there would be a big demand for that pick so they'd probably have to decide between a QB that is just good or a great defender like a Clowney. My guess is they would go with Clowney. If i had to go with a top 6:

Houston- Clowney
Atlanta - Barr
Jacksonville - Bridgewater
St Louis - Matthews
Minnesota - Carr
Tampa Bay- Watkins
Houston just can't pass on a QB if they get that pick. I don't care if Teddy isn't luck, if they believe he can be a franchise guy that's who they have no choice but to pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I hate all this "on pace" ******** that is used so frequently these days. It's gotta stop.
It was fun when Manning was on pace for 112 TDs.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I said this yesterday, but remember when the browns were offering Gordon for a 2nd round pick, and no one bit on it? Especially when he is still on his rookie contract. Jesus, I wanted to jump on that.
I wanted the giants to trade Nicks to NE and pick up gordon so badly. With the money we'd have saved we'd be able to fix the OL with two guys in FA and still have the cash to go after Byrd.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
And he had a sparkling 6.4 yards per attempt, which is good for 33rd in the league. He is pretty much a younger, worse Alex Smith who will be the 6th highest paid QB in the league next year.
Except unlike Smith he can and does throw deep. I missed some of the games before he went down, but Bradford's receivers were the reason they weren't having success down the field, he was putting the ball in positions for them to make the play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well you should at least bring in some competition for Bradford. You don't have to take a quarterback that high in hopes that he'll replace Bradford or push him for playing time. And replacing Bradford wouldn't be that difficult. There will probably be a veteran or two this offseason that will be an upgrade by default. Schaub would be better even.
That's not accurate. Schaub is just as injury prone and worse at being an NFL QB. Big Ben and Cutler are the only two potential FAs this summer who'd be an upgrade on the field to Bradford. Granted there maybe some guys who'll break less and so could be argued to be an upgrade, but no other FAs are better at the actually playing QB part of being a starting QB.

Quote:

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 12-02-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Except unlike Smith he can and does throw deep. I missed some of the games before he went down, but Bradford's receivers were the reason they weren't having success down the field, he was putting the ball in positions for them to make the play.
That's funny cause I swear I've seen someone say this exact same thing about Alex Smith's deep ball in the last couple of games.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's funny cause I swear I've seen someone say this exact same thing about Alex Smith's deep ball in the last couple of games.
Wouldn't be me, I've never accused Alex Smith of even being aware that he's allowed to throw more than 15 yards down the field, much less having any competence at doing so.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oooooooooooooooo Wilson practicing back-shoulder 9s yesssssssssssss
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
oooooooooooooooo Wilson practicing back-shoulder 9s yesssssssssssss
Try not to blow your wad before the game even starts.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Lewis just rambled for about a minute trying to break down tonight's game. It was a lot of stuttering, confusing himself, and then something about Marcel Lynch. Approaching Emmitt Smith levels of broadcasting.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ooooooooooooo Dilfer just completely disrespecting Seahawks D.

Haven't played any good QBs.

Haven't played any good offenses.

Giving up rushing yards.

Hurt in the secondary.

Bobby Wagner can't cover Sproles.

No one can cover Graham.

Apparently we've been duped. Seahawks D isn't so great.

We'll see tonight.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Wouldn't be me, I've never accused Alex Smith of even being aware that he's allowed to throw more than 15 yards down the field, much less having any competence at doing so.

I didn't say exactly like that, but I implied that the reason Alex Smith doesn't throw it down the field was his receivers dropping passes right in their lap. That was after one of I believe several Donnie Avery dropped passes last night.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not accurate. Schaub is just as injury prone and worse at being an NFL QB. Big Ben and Cutler are the only two potential FAs this summer who'd be an upgrade on the field to Bradford. Granted there maybe some guys who'll break less and so could be argued to be an upgrade, but no other FAs are better at the actually playing QB part of being a starting QB.
Schaub has had a better career than Bradford. He's obviously played longer, but there was a time when Schaub looked like he could be a passing threat and future of the Texans. Bradford has never looked like he would be the future in St.Louis.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Schaub has had a better career than Bradford. He's obviously played longer, but there was a time when Schaub looked like he could be a passing threat and future of the Texans. Bradford has never looked like he would be the future in St.Louis.

And he (Schaub) kinda led the league in passing yards one year.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Ray Lewis just rambled for about a minute trying to break down tonight's game. It was a lot of stuttering, confusing himself, and then something about Marcel Lynch. Approaching Emmitt Smith levels of broadcasting.
Not sure any of them are on the Michael Irvin but in fairness most of his issues are self induced.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do hope Les Snead was being legitimate when he implied that the Rams organization wants Bradford as the future. Hopefully he plays there for at least another two seasons.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Seeing that hurts. Dallas put a bid on him in the supplemental draft that ended up being second only to the Browns.

Dez on one side. Gordon on the other. Nightmares for everyone! :D
Miles Austin's star sure has fallen.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
I do hope Les Snead was being legitimate when he implied that the Rams organization wants Bradford as the future. Hopefully he plays there for at least another two seasons.

If they do, they better be ready to pay for it. The Rams look like they're close to the cap limit as is and Bradford is the easiest person on that roster for them to cut ties with post June 1st.

They owe him 27 million dollars over the next two years and 20 of it can be avoided rather easily.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets do it, Roidhawks.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Sherman to Cordarrelle Patterson: "You need to lift more."

Sherman to Joe Webb: "You're a waste of my time."

I don't think he's wrong on either account.

And then this with Lynch:

RS: What are you doing for Christmas?
ML: Christmas? I gotta get to Thanksgiving first. I'm giving out turkeys in the hood.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Wow ESPN. This is really a great use of airtime before a gigantic game.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow ESPN. This is really a great use of airtime before a gigantic game.
Sports TV isn't for us, and pregame ESPN shows are even more about casual fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

First time and only time since 1990 that two 10-1 teams have met I think. The last time was also on a Monday Night. The Giants visited the 49ers.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Saints are 9-2.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Saints are 9-2.
That's right. Perhaps it was teams with at least 9 wins at this point in the season.

EDIT: This is what I meant.

Quote:
It's one of the best late-season "Monday Night Football" matchups in history. The combined winning percentage of .864 is the second highest for a post-Thanksgiving Monday night game. The only one to top that was a 1990 game between the San Francisco 49ers and New York Giants, who were both 10-1.
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...attle_sea.html

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Absolutely a great matchup. I can't remember a regular season game with as much on the line, besides a playoff berth for a wild card team. But this is probably more important than that in the big picture. The winner will be a huge favorite in the NFC.