Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-01-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Update from JB Scouting!

Guys,

I have not been on your board in a long time and if you have noticed I'm not really active on Twitter and not putting anything in print. I have been hired by the NFLPA Bowl as part of their revamped scouting staff with former NFL executives. I wanted you all to know that after our game I am going to put out small school rankings. I know that nobody really does any legit ones out there that show what it's looking like inside the NFL generally speaking.

I wanted to say that I still read DC and Scott is a great friend of mine! Below are some facts for you all to know.

The Senior Bowl and NFLPA Bowl are definitely the top 2 all-star games now. There is a new game in Charleston but the new pecking order is no doubt the Senior Bowl, NFLPA Bowl, and then Shrine and Medal of Honor Game.

A. NFLPA assembled two top professional football coaching staffs led by head coaches Dick Vermeil & Denny Green & a group of HOF coaches / Former players on staff. http://collegiate.nflpa.com

B. ESPN will televise the week of practice LIVE Game televised on ESPN - Three (3) days of national exposure.

C. More than 100 NFL & CFL scouts will be at the daily practices.

D. NFL GMs will be attending the week of practice.

E. NFLPA recruiting department is the only bowl game that has a former NFL VP of player personnel and director of college scouting Evaluating players that will be selected to play in the game along with three former NFL scouts that have over 60 years of experience with Identifying, evaluating, selecting, and recruiting players. This brings instant creditability to the CBG recruiting department and is unmatched by no other game on this planet.

F. NFLPA Bowl Presenting sponsor Panini American Inc. The largest exclusive trading card company in the world will be engaging with future NFLPA players on business opportunities.

G. Top facilities for practice and game Stub Hub Center, Carson CA.

H. Competition

I. Access to NFLPA members, (Current & former players onsite) priceless exposure to help you transition to professional football.

The Senior Bowl can say that B, C, D, and H are true for them. The Shrine can only claim that C is definitely true for them. Outside of that the Shrine isnt even close to what we have and we are just as good or better than Mobile in many ways. I know perception is not what the facts show but perception will change over the next year. We have many decision makers coming and sending more staff to us than the Shrine. This game is growing by leaps and bounds.

Hope you all are doing well and I really look forward to sharing the small school rankings next month!
Old 12-02-2013, 04:33 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missed your rankings for sure Josh - pleased you've got this opportunity though as it's easy to see how hard you work. Look forward to the rankings next month!
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the new opportunity. :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you for the kind words everyone! I appreciate it!

I have been with them since July/August. That's why I haven't been very active. It's been fun!
Old 12-02-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
gentry200meters
Rookie

gentry200meters hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Josh,

Are you still planning on doing a draft report like you have in years past. I've bought it the last 2 years, and I really hope you make it available to us amateurs this year.

I look forward to your next update.
gentry200meters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is definitely an opening for the NFLPA Game to leapfrog the East / West Shrine as the second most prestigious all-star event and maybe even challenge the Senior Bowl one day.

With people like Josh involved it will probably happen sooner rather than later!

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry200meters View Post
Josh,

Are you still planning on doing a draft report like you have in years past. I've bought it the last 2 years, and I really hope you make it available to us amateurs this year.

I look forward to your next update.
It's tentative. Depends on my time to actually put it all in one separate file. I would like to.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
There is definitely an opening for the NFLPA Game to leapfrog the East / West Shrine as the second most prestigious all-star event and maybe even challenge the Senior Bowl one day.

With people like Josh involved it will probably happen sooner rather than later!
I appreciate it!

It's been good so far. Outside of Sports Stars, because of their publicly known connection to Harold Richardson, I think most agents consider the NFLPA #2 this year. There are some others but it seems Sports Stars is the only agency that signs a lot of players who will send their players to the Shrine always and that's because they represented Richardson when he worked in the NFL.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the heck do we find Josh these days anyway?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote