Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-02-2013, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Updated Look @ QB's

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...rate-from-pack

I got a feeling that at least 5 QB's will go round 1, maybe more. Even the second tier QB's carry a lot of potential, maybe one of the best classes in years.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Hundley should NOT enter the 2014 draft.

I don't know how many RS soph QBs are projected for the 2014 draft, but as a rule I think it's a bad idea.

Conversely, Johnny Football absolutely should leave A&M and get on with his pro career.

If Derek Carr wasn't the brother of you-know-who, I think his stock would be even higher than it is.

NIU QB Jordan Lynch will either be an electric backup QB, or a surprise starter in the NFL for some team. He and Manziel IMO have very similar games.
I'd love for the SKins to trade Kirk Cousins in the offseason and draft Jordan Lynch as RG3's understudy.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely agree with your first 3 points but I'm not at all sold on Lynch remaining at QB as a pro.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I completely agree with your first 3 points but I'm not at all sold on Lynch remaining at QB as a pro.
Not unless he sits a good 3-4 years,
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Blake Bortles?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
No Blake Bortles?
Probably not worth nitpicking everyone's list of QBs but i'd certainly have Bortles in there. I'd probably have Bortles in the top 5 and sounds like he might come back for next year.

Agree with the earlier mention that Hundley needs to stay in school.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He ranks the QB's based off how they relate to the Heisman trophy, not as pro prospects, so this link doesn't really do much for me. If he's writing for NFL.com, you'd think he would focus on how they project as pros.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Bryce Petty. Someone tell me more about this kid. I'm reading good reviews but have not watched him
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He ranks the QB's based off how they relate to the Heisman trophy, not as pro prospects, so this link doesn't really do much for me. If he's writing for NFL.com, you'd think he would focus on how they project as pros.
I'm not sold completely on his rankings as his track record is spotty come draft day and when you post as often as he does, you know he mixes them up a bit otherwise nobody would read them, so we won't know his true feelings till later in the process. All that being said, he says he talks to NFL GM's on a regular bases to get a feel for how they are ranking the QB's and he is an ex pro scout who has access to insider information as well as a lot of pro experience in judging talent, so I wouldn't say his rankings are based on the Heisman rankings and I think they have a lot of merit.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braxton has been lights out the past few games. He's completing over 70% on the season and has made some sick throws and has a great arm. It's amazing how far he has come as a passer since just last year. I sure hope he stays another season though, he could be a top 5 pick in 2015.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way miller is a top 5 pick. The spread option isn't setting the NFL on fire in year two like all the experts thought it would. Once again the NFL has proven that the position is played from the pocket. Miller does nothing to inspire me that he will be an elite prospect - good college QB playing within a proven system on a stacked team.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm talking about after next year. He has excellent physical tools, decent size, and his improvement from year to year is outstanding. He's starting to actually look like a pocket passer, which is why his stock is on the rise. I didn't have much hope for him as a pro prospect but he's turned a corner. He's not as cerebral as you'd like and he still has to work on consistently good ball placement, but he's shown flashes of doing that very well the past few weeks. There have been guys go in the first who are rawer than he will be after this season, let alone after 4 years.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan Lynch can't throw the ball. Go watch the FSU Orange Bowl for clarification.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've actually been very impressed by Miller this year, and this is as a huge doubter of his talent in the past.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
No way miller is a top 5 pick. The spread option isn't setting the NFL on fire in year two like all the experts thought it would. Once again the NFL has proven that the position is played from the pocket. Miller does nothing to inspire me that he will be an elite prospect - good college QB playing within a proven system on a stacked team.
Or a top 5 QB for that matter.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
In the 2015 Draft he will easily be one of the Top 5 QBs selected behind Winston, Hundley, and Bortles. Heck if Hundley goes this year and Winston stays he could be a Top 100 pick.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't really see it with Lynch at the next level. First guy from the conference I'm taking a shot at is Wenning and that's still looking like undrafted territory.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What's the last Braxton Miller game you've watched?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
What's the last Braxton Miller game you've watched?
Penn State followed by Purdue. Great athlete for the position but question the accuracy at the next level, playing under center and reading a defense. For your sake i hope he makes it but i don't see a starter at the next level.

Having said all that there are a lot of QBs starting these days that probably shouldn't be so there is that.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...rate-from-pack

I got a feeling that at least 5 QB's will go round 1, maybe more. Even the second tier QB's carry a lot of potential, maybe one of the best classes in years.
People were saying the same thing last year. "How many QB's will go in the 1st? 4, 5?"

How many went?

jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Penn State followed by Purdue. Great athlete for the position but question the accuracy at the next level, playing under center and reading a defense. For your sake i hope he makes it but i don't see a starter at the next level.

Having said all that there are a lot of QBs starting these days that probably shouldn't be so there is that.
Those are the two games where he's actually starting to look like a pocket passer. There have been raw guys come into the league and do good things the past few years, all of them from shotgun spreads. I question those same things too, but he has made dramatic improvement as a passer the past month and has made some great throws and is more consistent, he may not look like a starting NFL QB yet, but guys like Kaepernick, Tannehill, Manuel, Newton, Pryor, Gabbert, Freeman, etc. have been drafted high or are having success and were pretty raw coming out. Before the last few games I probably wouldn't have thought of him as a future first round pick, but he's starting to look like one now.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest negative as to whether Braxton Miller can play on the next level at QB is.....Urban Meyer.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The biggest negative as to whether Braxton Miller can play on the next level at QB is.....Urban Meyer.
At this point none of Alex Smith's success can be attributed to him, if anything his coaching severely hindered Smith's development in the NFL until Harbaugh and Reid were able to fix him. Then there was the laughable failure of Tim Tebow in the NFL. I will never understand why a QB with NFL aspirations would play for him.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
People were saying the same thing last year. "How many QB's will go in the 1st? 4, 5?"

How many went?

It could change depending who comes out but right now i'd probably only have Mariota, Bridgewater and Manziel with an option for a 4th if someone was to trade in late in the first for a Sean Mannion, Zach Mettenberger, Blake Bortles or Brett Hundley. Some i have mentioned will probably stay another year.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
well any QB in almost any college spread is getting about the same amount of experience with what they'll see in the pros....very little. Oklahoma's offense wasn't much different, except teams actually took stuff from Urban Meyer's playbook in the NFL, notably Belichick.