Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who you got in the big game in cold NY?
Seattle vs Denver 10 32.26%
Seattle vs New England 12 38.71%
San Fran vs Denver 2 6.45%
San Fran vs New England 1 3.23%
New Orleans vs Denver 2 6.45%
New Orleans vs New England 2 6.45%
Carolina vs Denver 0 0%
Carolina vs New England 0 0%
OTHER MATCHUP.... name it on record here! 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 13 Pulse

I want to keep gauging you guys here.....

As of right now, your money would be on _____ for the Super Bowl?

I only get 10 options I think, so I am going by the top ten I saw on another national website today.

But I will leave a OTHER one and you can add it if that's really who you predict.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-04-2013 at 07:57 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the scenario where old Brady knocks off old Peyton, again, in the playoffs with his nobody receivers against Peyton's "best receiving corps ever." It just feels right. One of those games where Peyton throws for 400+ yards but has two cringe-worthy interceptions while Brady has 300 just keeping pace and lets the kicker win it at the end. It would be so poetic.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Brees so I'm taking NO. And I think Denver is a better team in total than NE. The game will be tight but I like Denver especially if they don't have to travel.

j/k Ravens are taking it. The opponent is iirrelevant. Flacco elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 12-04-2013 at 08:50 PM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Seattle vs Denver. Home field advantage is just unfair and Seattle dismantled their biggest competitor. Less confident in the Denver pick but they have the better team and won't take their foot off the gas this time against the Pats.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I like the scenario where old Brady knocks off old Peyton, again, in the playoffs with his nobody receivers against Peyton's "best receiving corps ever." It just feels right. One of those games where Peyton throws for 400+ yards but has two cringe-worthy interceptions while Brady has 300 just keeping pace and lets the kicker win it at the end. It would be so poetic.
I just puked in my mouth.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle v Denver just seems obvious right now. Who knows if that actually happens, but I do know I sure as **** won't be betting against Seattle at home.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be the 49ers' Offensive Line vs. The Injury Gods. Titanic matchup.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carolina vs. Cincinnati
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either a manning bowl, or Giants over Patriots part drei; hometurf bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:56 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints because I'm a homer. I see the Giants trying to be a playoff juggernaut and then rolling and beating Seattle so they can come in the Superdome and be a bad football team.

And I like the idea of Manning being statiscally godlike but one-and-done. Brady on the other hand is going to the SB with a bunch of nobody.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:23 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I think it will be the 49ers' Offensive Line vs. The Injury Gods. Titanic matchup.
Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Niners are getting themselves purrrrrrty healthy aren't they?

It will be bewwwwy intawesting to see them and Seattle this week.

I like that Patriots Broncos scenario above.... I can see that.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me, home field will tell the story in the AFC, Denver is a tough place for visiting teams because of the thin air, so if Denver gets home field advantage, it could be a deciding factor and overcome Peyton's pitiful playoff record.
I would still put my money on Brady in the game, simply based on Peyton's lack of playoff victories even when his team got the home field advantage.

As for the NFC, Seattle looks unbeatable at home and that is where a team must beat them to eliminate the Seahawks. IMO, the only team with a shot is Carolina, but it will be a longshot run with a # of road victories needed for them to advance.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Seattle v Denver just seems obvious right now. Who knows if that actually happens, but I do know I sure as **** won't be betting against Seattle at home.
I would rate Denver's home field advantage as the best in football even with Seattle's tremendous home record. The thin air in Denver makes it very tough on visiting teams every year no matter how good or bad the Denver team is. So, betting against either team at home, looks very risky to me.
If Peyton fails again with home field advantage in Denver, it will always be mentioned in the future, when discussing just how great a QB he really was.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't see Denver losing in the playoffs, were making too big of a deal over Manning choking in the playoffs. So long as Fox doesn't stop blitzing Brady (assuming both teams face eachother again) and move to zone coverage (Which has literally never worked against Brady) the Broncos will be fine. Slothshon is going to run for 300+ on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I honestly don't see Denver losing in the playoffs, were making too big of a deal over Manning choking in the playoffs. So long as Fox doesn't stop blitzing Brady (assuming both teams face eachother again) and move to zone coverage (Which has literally never worked against Brady) the Broncos will be fine. Slothshon is going to run for 300+ on us.
Not to mention Julius Thomas will be back who will embarrass whatever LB combination we choose to go out with. That being said Denver's defense is horribad. Anything is possible when you can safely say you're going to score 30+.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't feel safe saying that about our offense despite it performing well in recent weeks. Who knows when Gronk, Danny, or Vereen go down again. Not to mention Thompkins and Dobson being injured, which means we'd be starting Boyce and the fact he couldnt make a jump up the roster with their meh performances to start the season scares me.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh we've scored 30+ against them the last 4 times we've played them in roughly the past 2 calendar years. Some of the faces may change, but we own that John Fox defense regardless of who is in there.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Eh we've scored 30+ against them the last 4 times we've played them in roughly the past 2 calendar years. Some of the faces may change, but we own that John Fox defense regardless of who is in there.
I think the Broncos d line and Miller are tough to stop, but their back end is definitely exploitable. Woodyard and Trevathon(??) are quick and flow to the ball but Gronk dominates them. If the o-line can slow down the pass rush then the Pats will move the ball on them.

But Ridley? Damn if he could hang on the ball I would be really confident in our chances. Without a running game to worry the LBs and safeties they can sit in coverage and wait on the pass

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see any way Seattle doesn't get to the Super Bowl. They are unbeatable at home. Right now, they have a two game lead (plus tie breaker) over both New Orleans and Carolina. I would be shocked if Settle doesn't have home field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think the Broncos d line and Miller are tough to stop, but their back end is definitely exploitable. Woodyard and Trevathon(??) are quick and flow to the ball but Gronk dominates them. If the o-line can slow down the pass rush then the Pats will move the ball on them.

But Ridley? Damn if he could hang on the ball I would be really confident in our chances. Without a running game to worry the LBs and safeties they can sit in coverage and wait on the pass
Basically when Rodgers-Cromartie went out of the game against the Pats, it opened up the passing game. I can't remember if that was the game Rahim Moore got injured, or it was the week before...
Not to mention for some reason the Broncos went ultra conservative.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I really don't see any way Seattle doesn't get to the Super Bowl. They are unbeatable at home. Right now, they have a two game lead (plus tie breaker) over both New Orleans and Carolina. I would be shocked if Settle doesn't have home field.
Yeah agreed. I'd be shocked if that team didn't reach the SB with the way their playing right now + home field.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-05-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything can happen once the playoffs start, so who knows.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Anything can happen once the playoffs start, so who knows.
Only God, and Las Vegas.