Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-05-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2nd Best DE in Draft?

Clowney is clearly the #1 DE, but what happens after that?

I have seen Trent Murphy mentioned, Michael Sam impresses me everytime that I see Missouri and his running mate Kony Ealy has a lot of potential.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still like Stephon Tuitt a lot

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Matty B
Rookie

Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What ever happened to Aaron Lynch? I remember hearing some comparisons between him and Clowney in the beginning of the season but haven't heard anything since. Is he going to declare or what?
Matty B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Trent Murphy. When he tests well he'll go shooting up.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to watch more of Trent Murphy. I've only watched a couple of his games and I really wasn't impressed. He certainly seems like a guy that goes hard every play but he just didn't look explosive to me when I watched him. I think he can have a solid NFL career but he doesn't look like a standout to me.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty B View Post
What ever happened to Aaron Lynch? I remember hearing some comparisons between him and Clowney in the beginning of the season but haven't heard anything since. Is he going to declare or what?
He didn't play for a year and was slow to come around. I saw him mid season and then again late in the year and he looked much better. Not sure he quite has enough momentum to come out early, but that doesn't seem to stop a lot of kids making the jump.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:02 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
I need to watch more of Trent Murphy. I've only watched a couple of his games and I really wasn't impressed. He certainly seems like a guy that goes hard every play but he just didn't look explosive to me when I watched him. I think he can have a solid NFL career but he doesn't look like a standout to me.
I've seen quite a lot of Stanford and I really like him - but in terms of upside, even I must admit I don't know that there's much there. Certainly if you compare him to Barr - I think Murphy is more consistent and is probably the better player right now - Barr will be quiet all game and then suddenly explode and make a couple of huge plays as he did against USC. Barr has a high ceiling because he's an amazing athlete - not sure Murphy is.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
I've seen quite a lot of Stanford and I really like him - but in terms of upside, even I must admit I don't know that there's much there. Certainly if you compare him to Barr - I think Murphy is more consistent and is probably the better player right now - Barr will be quiet all game and then suddenly explode and make a couple of huge plays as he did against USC. Barr has a high ceiling because he's an amazing athlete - not sure Murphy is.
Yeah I agree with everything you said. I've been hesitant to give Barr the "elite" label at this point. He absolutely has rare pass rushing ability and I especially love his ability to bend around the corner and actually complete the sack instead of just forcing the Qb to step up. He actually reminds me of Von Miller in that respect. However he definitely has long stretches where he's invisible and he really shows his inexperience at times. With that said there has been a long list of raw athletic pass rushers that have had success lately like JPP, Aldon Smith, Chandler Jones, and Ziggy Ansah.

To get back on topic though I just watched Murphy's game tape against Washington and I'll say that he looked better there. He did play against a backup LT though so that might explain it. I absolutely love his motor as he made a tackle on Sankey 20 yards downfield on the opposite sideline and he seems very technically sound. Even if he doesn't have elite athleticism he should be able to have success in the NFL with his size, motor, and technique.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Michael Sam and Kony Ealy?
Old 12-06-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vic Beasley is clearly the second-best in my opinion.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Vic Beasley is clearly the second-best in my opinion.
Can Beasley really at DE at 230lbs or is this another Bruce Irvin situation?

Undersized Clemson pass rushers have not had a ton of success on the league.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're talking about ends who are questionable and might be better served to move to LB, I will throw Trevor Reilly's name into the discussion. He will likely have to make the switch but at 6'5", he's got some intrigue and flexibility to where he can play.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Can Beasley really at DE at 230lbs or is this another Bruce Irvin situation?

Undersized Clemson pass rushers have not had a ton of success on the league.
Beasley is undersized for a 3-4 OLB let alone a 4-3 DE. He's certainly strong for a guy his size and I like his quickness and technique but he needs to show he can handle playing OLB if he wants to go in the first round. He's also going to need to have a good showing at the combine.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
If we're talking about ends who are questionable and might be better served to move to LB, I will throw Trevor Reilly's name into the discussion. He will likely have to make the switch but at 6'5", he's got some intrigue and flexibility to where he can play.
Riley would most likely be an olb in a 3-4. Age is a big factor with him, he's going to be 26 in January.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd best is Kony Ealy.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn Oakman if he declares.
Dom Easley if he wasn't hurt.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barr might play DE in some systems right? He's an OLB but a pass rusher nonetheless. Khalil Mack is an OLB pass rusher too (though an OLB all the way). Those are the #2 and #3 pass rushers anyhow.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not my #2 DE or anything, but what do people think of Kareem Martin from UNC? Seems to be all over the place. Lot of potential. Not much production.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Not my #2 DE or anything, but what do people think of Kareem Martin from UNC? Seems to be all over the place. Lot of potential. Not much production.
I just went to watch his game tape against Miami after seeing your post and I was very impressed. I'm not sure what you mean by not much production though. He has 20 TFL and 11 sacks this year. I like that he plays the run and pass well. I'm hoping I can find more tape on him but after watching that game I could definitely see him passing Trent Murphy on the list of DEs. To me he seems more explosive and I think he plays the run better than Murphy.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
I just went to watch his game tape against Miami after seeing your post and I was very impressed. I'm not sure what you mean by not much production though. He has 20 TFL and 11 sacks this year. I like that he plays the run and pass well. I'm hoping I can find more tape on him but after watching that game I could definitely see him passing Trent Murphy on the list of DEs. To me he seems more explosive and I think he plays the run better than Murphy.
I meant more previous years lack of production, though his best games this year are against Pitt and ODU.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty B View Post
Lynch was as disappointing as any top prospect I saw this year.

Took a HUGE step back physically, losing a lot of weight and almost looking Aaron Maybin-ish, played undisciplined and was basically a one-trick pony. Think he had some more off-the-field issues and was even benched at one point too. Could still be a Top 100 pick based on potential but the film isn't very impressive and is very much a boom or bust type of prospect.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Stephon Tuitt of Notre Dame is the second best draft-eligible defensive end after Clowney, although there is a lot of buzz that he may be going back for his senior season.

Others in the mix are Vic Beasley of Clemson (OLB?), Trent Murphy of Stanford and I think Kony Ealy of Missouri could put himself in the conversation if he comes out as well. Keep an eye on Randy Gregory of Nebraska (RS Soph) too. No clear-cut favorite at this point though.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Scott Crichton from Oregon State for me.
coach4fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:57 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
I really like him, but one of the bigger Draft sites have him as a 6th rounder - I was thinking more 2nd round to be honest. Assuming scouts have told this major site the ranking so guess I must be seeing something that isn't there!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:03 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal with Cedric Reed from Texas? I was hoping to watch him versus Baylor but was unable. Dude has great size and statistically speaking is outrageously productive.

My vote for number 2 goes to Tuitt, number 3 is Murphy.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote