Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-23-2014, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kareem Martin Scheme Versatility

Martin is up to 272, and while he's not at the ideal size for a 5 tech yet. Do you think a team like the Chiefs, or another 3-4 team that is looking for more pass rush production from their front 3 would take a look at him?

I haven't seen enough of him to judge his effectiveness against the run, but my thinking is....

They could utilize him as a part time player at first, with the hope that he can stack on enough weight to be an every down 3-4 DE in the future. He's definitely got the frame to easily play at 290+.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More likely to play OLB in a 3-4 if a 3-4 team drafts him.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:18 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Different animal to guys like Dee Ford, Michael Sam, Chris Smith etc.

I actually think his best shot in a 3-4 would come if he got bigger and stronger to play the 5 technique - kind of like the 49ers are going to do with Tank Carradine. If he stays around his current weight, then 4-3 LE who has the length to set an edge. Would like to see him play a little lower - will rely on his raw power, but can get tied up if that doesn't work.

He was one I really wanted to look at closely at the Senior Bowl, but due to poor NFLN coverage have seen pretty much nothing of him. Haven't seen him mentioned that much in reports either. Will be looking closely every time he's in the game Saturday.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
Different animal to guys like Dee Ford, Michael Sam, Chris Smith etc.

I actually think his best shot in a 3-4 would come if he got bigger and stronger to play the 5 technique - kind of like the 49ers are going to do with Tank Carradine. If he stays around his current weight, then 4-3 LE who has the length to set an edge. Would like to see him play a little lower - will rely on his raw power, but can get tied up if that doesn't work.

He was one I really wanted to look at closely at the Senior Bowl, but due to poor NFLN coverage have seen pretty much nothing of him. Haven't seen him mentioned that much in reports either. Will be looking closely every time he's in the game Saturday.
This is what I'm thinking. He's 6'6" 272 with really long arms, and doesn't look anywhere close to being maxed out.

He could play at 290-300 easily. I just want to see him against the run. He's not a 3-4 OLB candidate IMO. 4-3 DE or 3-4 DE, and possibly a guy who can shift to a 3 tech on passing downs if he continues to add weight.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote