Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-09-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo

I've only seen this guy play a very little. But what I have seen is he looks like a very good pass rusher. My question is this... Could he play in a 4-3 as a OLB? How does he compare to Barr as a player?

He's a little shorter and stocky but well built. Would love to hear some feed back from someone who's seen a lot of game film on him.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:55 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I've only seen this guy play a very little. But what I have seen is he looks like a very good pass rusher. My question is this... Could he play in a 4-3 as a OLB? How does he compare to Barr as a player?

He's a little shorter and stocky but well built. Would love to hear some feed back from someone who's seen a lot of game film on him.
I'm in no doubt he can play in a 4-3. Very good in zone coverage - does still need some work in man, but athletic enough. Love his hips. Outstanding pass rusher - not just a speed rusher, does a nice job converting speed to power.

Not as big as Barr and I think ultimately they will interest teams in different ways. Mack is far more comfortable and experienced in space. Barr able to set the edge a little better as he's bigger. Mack's tape is better - although much of it comes against MAC opposition obviously - but just check out the Ohio State game from week 1.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm wondering where he'd play in a 3-4. I can see him inside or outside, personally.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
I'm wondering where he'd play in a 3-4. I can see him inside or outside, personally.
Mack is about the same size as Clay matthews was coming out. To justify his draft position i think he needs to be a guy who gets to the QB.

I might be in the minority but i'm leaning towards taking Mack before Barr.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Mack is about the same size as Clay matthews was coming out. To justify his draft position i think he needs to be a guy who gets to the QB.

I'm thinking the same thing. It's hard because Barr has only played the position for two years and Mack hasn't been tested regularly against a high level of competition, but both have elite potential. Mack is better against the run and he's stronger, which is why I like him more. I like the Clay comparison, they're both physical/athletic at the same time.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mack was pretty dominant against OSU which obviously doesn't fully address the high competition thing, but he still looked excellent against a pretty good offensive line.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

Yeah but I like him in coverage too, and I wouldn't want to waste that.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Robbieb7
Rookie

Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.

Love Mack, would get the most out of him as a 3-4 OLB imo. He isn't as good of an athlete but seems so much stronger than Barr. Wish my eagles had a chance at either.
Robbieb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mack should stay in-city. Yes, that would be nice.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mack is a possible selection for the Raiders early in the draft. I think he's a better prospect to be more of a OLB than DE though and that doesn't fit a big need with Sio Moore already drafted. We'll see if Reggie McKenzie sticks with his BPA game plan

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote