Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
All of the Vols receivers.

All of them.
Then someone better sign Zach Rogers pronto.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm so glad to hear that. I was a HUGE Jimmy Smith fan in the draft. I felt we should have taken him over Prince.

Prince has been great in his own right, but he's not shut down. He's very good, but that seems to be his ceiling. Jimmy's jam at the LOS is pure sex.
Yeah ppl were calling for his head last year and in the pre season. Luckily he tuned it around though. I think giving up 0 catches and breaking up 2 passes on that goal line stand in the Super Bowl really improved his confidence.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
All of the Vols receivers.

All of them.
Watching Ditka last night i realized how good that 85 team was. Where's Willie Gault these days?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gio and Keenan Allen are so good already it's scary.

I'll add Mo Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson. Just awesome D linemen.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(Star Lotulelei)

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 12-10-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see where you were going with that. I originally thought Glennon but I quickly shook that off, looked at the poster and watched the GIF again. Then it all made sense.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kuechly is the favorite for DPOTY. Isn't he already a star?

I suppose under a strict interpretation of the OP's thread title, Kuechly is a star of the future. But he's a standout right now too.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Kuechly is the favorite for DPOTY. Isn't he already a star?

I suppose under a strict interpretation of the OP's thread title, Kuechly is a star of the future. But he's a standout right now too.
You're thinking of the wrong Star.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luke is definitely already a star, and I think he has surpassed Willis as the best MLB in football. People saying he didn't have the speed and what not to keep up what he did in college just made me laugh. I wanted the Eagles to land him so bad that season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Woods (WR, BUF)
Eddie Lacy (RB, GB)
Blair Walsh (K, MNN)
Kenny Vaccaro (S, NO)
Mike Glennon (QB, TB)
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The entire Jets defensive line. Except for Wilkerson who is already a star.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Cordarrelle <33333

It's sad he's plays for the Vikings.
P-Harv treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Luke is definitely already a star, and I think he has surpassed Willis as the best MLB in football. People saying he didn't have the speed and what not to keep up what he did in college just made me laugh. I wanted the Eagles to land him so bad that season.
Has he surpassed Willis? If so, I don't think he's surpassed Bomwan who is having an All Pro year. To me it's neck and neck.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Has he surpassed Willis? If so, I don't think he's surpassed Bomwan who is having an All Pro year. To me it's neck and neck.
Bowman is better than Willis. But shhhhhhhh, no one wants to accept that.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still can't believe some of the numbers Josh Gordon has put up with Brandon Weeden throwing to him. Look at the Jacksonville game:

Weeden to Gordon: 10/15 (66.7%), 261 yards, 17.40 ypa, 2 TD, 0 INT
Weeden to everyone else: 14/25 (56.0%), 109 yards, 4.36 ypa, 1 TD, 2 INT
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well Luke is the best MLB in football so...hes ahead of Bowman too.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well Luke is the best MLB in football so...hes ahead of Bowman too.
I'd still rather have a good DE or DT than a great MLB, I think.

If you told me I could have Robert Quinn, Ndamukong Suh, JJ Watt, or Justin Houston... OR a stud MLB like Kuechly or Bowman, I'd take the former every time.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post

If you told me I could have Robert Quinn, Ndamukong Suh, JJ Watt, or Justin Houston... OR a stud MLB like Kuechly or Bowman, I'd take the former every time.
Much easier to to gameplan and block those guys as opposed to someone you have almost no chance of getting to on in the 2nd level.

Obviously I'm going to take Watt > just about anyone...hes the best defensive player in football.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Much easier to to gameplan and block those guys as opposed to someone you have almost no chance of getting to on in the 2nd level.

Obviously I'm going to take Watt > just about anyone...hes the best defensive player in football.
The problem with MLBs is that they do very little to affect the opposing passing game.

The #1 goal in the NFL on defense should be to slow down the opposing quarterback. MLBs can only help in that regard by either a.) blitzing or b.) covering RBs/TEs in the flat.

Bowman does both pretty well and Kuechly does the latter well, but that contribution still pales in comparison to a DE or DT that can rush the passer on every single passing snap and thus affect the passing game every single time.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy Bridgewater.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would seriously make a case for Bowman being the best ILB in the league. I want to know what Luke and Willis do better than him.

I can already tell you he's a better coverage linebacker than both of them. He's just as sure of a tackler, he's just as good of a blitzer, run stopper, he can slip blocks equally to both of them, his instincts are on par with both of them.

He's faster than both of them.

Tell me what makes Luke or Willis better than him? Bc I don't see it.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Bowman is actually a far better blitzer than both. Willis and Kuechly really don't blitz that often.

Bowman could practically play 3-4 OLB in a pinch, imho.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Bowman is actually a far better blitzer than both. Willis and Kuechly really don't blitz that often.

Bowman could practically play 3-4 OLB in a pinch, imho.
You're right, he is.

Which again leads me to my point: How is he not better than both of them? Don't get me wrong I LOVE Luke and Willis. But Bowman is better than both of them. Part of me thinks we give Luke and Willis the nod bc of measurables and draft position. But honestly, Bowman is more athletic than both of them. The only thing they have on him is where they were drafted.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well that really depends on how you want to look at it. A stud DE may be able to disrupt the passing game on his own but the flexibility a top LB gives you is unmatched.

The 49ers can play base defense the vast majority of the game because their LBs can attack downhill and play coverage. Being able to play base means teams can't attack you from a schematic point of view on a play by play basis.

Multiple TE offenses have become more prevalent because when a team lines up in 12 formation most teams will play base defense. If your TEs are good and athletic enough that is a matchup advantage in the passing game. On the other hand, if you counter with nickle or dime they can run power against you.

If you can line up to defend the power running game while still having athletic LBs to cover TEs and RBs then that offers your defense far more than a stud DE IMO

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You're right, he is.

Which again leads me to my point: How is he not better than both of them? Don't get me wrong I LOVE Luke and Willis. But Bowman is better than both of them. Part of me thinks we give Luke and Willis the nod bc of measurables and draft position. But honestly, Bowman is more athletic than both of them. The only thing they have on him is where they were drafted.
To anyone who watches the games closely, Bowman is definitely better than both Kuechly and Willis.

Kuechly has a lot of buzz because he's the new shiny thing and the Panthers defense is playing on a high level right now.

People tend to take what's already there for granted. The 49ers have had a good defense since 2011 at this point and people become inured to that sort of thing and constantly seek the newest bright light.