Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 09-04-2014, 03:51 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 Colts Regular Season

It's time!

First stop, Broncos and our old friend Peyton.

How do we stop that offense? Last year, it took an incredible game from Vontae Davis.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
It's time!

First stop, Broncos and our old friend Peyton.

How do we stop that offense? Last year, it took an incredible game from Vontae Davis.
Out score them.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:39 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh Fleener.

His 2 drops were HUGE in this game. TD drop and INT tipped ball.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Of course.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-o...191103423.html
Old 09-08-2014, 05:53 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll still win the division I bet, but this puts us out of any sort of serious contention ( if it was serious). Time to look for a new elite pass rusher.

Gotta wonder what would a been had he been with the team & not suspended.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not calling for Pagano to get fired yet but what does everyone think of him? If they went 11-5 and lost in the first round of the playoffs I wouldn't be totally against it especially if it is every week Luck digging us out of a hole.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:15 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I've actually been more disappointed in Grigson then Pagano. He had an awesome first draft, but after that he has had some misses and free agent additions have been 'meh' so far.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tend to think the entire philosophy is off. They saw the success of the Seahawks, 49ers, & Ravens and trying to model themselves off of those teams. The situation those teams were in is that they had 0 quarterback for a period of time & built a team that could win without one, then they found a QB.

In reality, we should be building ourselves off of the post-Favre packers. Build an offense based on players good enough that Rodgers can get the job done. Then work on pass-rush & secondary.

I tend to think that we've turned a corner with our offensive philosophy. The offense stunk in the first half because of drops & poor red-zone offense. We really should've gone for it in the 4th & 1 that lead to the delay of game field goal too (but that's going into the Pagano needs to be more aggressive topic which I don't want to delve). Not because the run game was ineffective & over-used.

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 09-13-2014 at 08:54 AM.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:18 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

What a disgusting loss. Unbelievable. There is no way we should have lost this game.

Yes, I know the refs screwed us in the end, but we shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. T-Rich's fumble and a bad play-call on that 3rd down, not to mention letting McCoy and Sproles run all over you on that series, is just inexcusable.

- How can you let them convert 3rd-and-15 on a running play? That was just stunning to watch.
- Finally a great game by the O-Line. AQ Shipley must still hold a grudge at the Eagles, because he looked very good out there. You can blame this loss on a lot of things, but not on the play of the O-Line.
- Hopefully Arthur Jones isn't out for a long time. He is a big part of the run defense.
- No Pressure on Foles! Zero, zip, nada. Werner is looking like a bust. Losing Mathis is HUGE.
- I don't agree with that play call on 3rd-and-9. Yes, we should trust Luck to make a play. Yes, the refs missed a clear-cut pass-interference call. But there is just no way they should be throwing towards the middle of the field in that situation. That situation had screen pass to Bradshaw written all over it. Pick up some extra yardage (maybe even a 1st down) and go up by 2 scores with little time left.
- 3rd-and-15 first down by McCoy. I...there are just no words. And then they repeat that trick a couple of plays later with Sproles.
- The play-calling on that last drive was awful. 2 rushing plays at the beginning is stupid.

I'm not giving up yet because I do think this is a good team, but 0-2 start is pretty awful start.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Darren Sproles needs to never play the colts again

Old 09-29-2014, 09:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Good win, but 2 really bad news right afterwards.

Landry suspended for 4 games and Rogers cut because of DUI.

Our safety depth was horrible to begin with.

With Rogers, I really thought he has a lot of potential, but just not all there I guess.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

What a spectacular game by the defense! After being invisible for the first 3 weeks, Werner has really been stepping up. Zach Kerr looks like a very nice UDFA pickup. Great game by the secondary as well.

I was very impressed by the play of the O-Line as well. Our young interior of Mewhort-Harrison-Thornton seems to be improving with every game.

I don't remember the last time Colts have dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball the way they have today.

Hopefully this is the sign of things to come.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was very pleased to see the score. I was flying so I didn't get to see the game but I'm excited to look at replays. It sounds like we finally dominated in most every area. Is that true?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:54 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There wasn't one area where we didn't prevail. I listened to most of the 1st half on the radio and was surprised we kept forcing 3 and outs. If we repeat our defensive performance Sunday at Pitt before a national audience then I'll concede this defense is for real.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:26 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

The front 7 really did a number on the running game. On every run it was either them trying to get outside and getting stuffed, or maybe they found a gap for 2-3 yards. They never really tried any long passes, most were within 7-10 yards of the los. Anything that did go long, our CB was in better position to catch than the WR. Werner is making me have good feelings about our post-Mathis pass rush. I haven't had a chance to really focus on him during the game (I should in the next few), but he's getting there when he used to simply get close. Aside from one drive near the end of the game, their offense was completely ineffective, it was just anxious early on, as we were committing turnovers, and weren't sure how long their offense would be contained.

On offense, we ran on them very well, nearly as good as the Eagles game. The pockets were good for the most part, plenty of time often. Allen's got some wheels for a man his size. Luck had some inaccuracies, and there's the two fumbles, but aside from those it was very good.

also, this: https://i.imgur.com/00rogrB.gifv

For the defense as a whole, I think aside from a top-tier QB or an unorthodox offense like the Eagles, I think we're managing very well. Seems the Ravens are dropping ~40 regularly, but vs us I think they were a little lucky to get 13. Steve Smith was near completely contained imo. Maybe its trying to cover TEs that's the issue. Freeman's hurt again I think. We'll need him for Gronk Nov 16th, but aside from the Patriots & Cowboys, I'd expect the D to keep the opponent below or near 20 barring a miss-hap.

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 10-20-2014 at 11:50 PM.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So do you guys think this D is for real, or will it all fall apart? I find it hard to trust. But I want to believe.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:13 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

I think the CBs are legit.
I think the run-d, so long as they don't break outside contain, is legit. The only real breakdowns were against the Eagles late in the game. That was Sproles getting outside & having the speed to outrun the defense.

I think the pass-rush is very blitz dependent. But our secondary can permit our front 7 to blitz and not have it kill us. There have been many good defenses who survive for years with stopping the run, blitzing, & a good secondary.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the ways I think it could fall apart is if Landry comes back and starts again. Mike Adams, and the defense in general, is better with Landry out.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:43 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of the early few games in 2013 Landry hasn't played well at all. He seems to be a physical freak who plays football instead of a football player who's a physical freak. I'm comfortable with Brown retaining the starting safety spot after Landy is back.

The interior O-Lin finally looks the part we've been searching for over the past 3+ years. Mewhort, Harrison and Thornton are the type of players we've not had in like ever. Can only hope they improve over the course of this season and the following years.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:32 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

More than 3 years, we've been a crappy run team since like 2008. With Werner coming along & those 3, Grigson's last two drafts are looking a lot better.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:52 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

That was all kind of awful.

I guess the defense isn't what we thought.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:06 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I (thankfully) didn't see the game. I've heard from others that they tried some weird scheme departure. Playing back in zone coverage, only rushing 3 or so linemen, etc. Then soon Davis got hurt, and after that even going back to the blitz didn't work.

I don't think one game completely invalidates the other games the Colts played. But like I said, I find it hard to trust. We need a pass rush specialist so that the defense can still function even if one of our corners gets hurt.

Manusky also needs to figure out how to cover a TE over the middle.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm really impressed by this rookie class so far. Mewhort, Harrison, Kerr, Newsome and Moncrief are already contributing significantly. And honestly I think every one of them still has a lot of upside left and might be even better next year.

I really like Kerr. We might have gotten a big time steal.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

This seems like a big topic for Colts fans right now. I think Mewhort has done the best overall job, just because he is asked to do the most. Great pick, I didn't believe in him and my anti-OSU bias was only part of it. Glad to be wrong so far.

Newsome definitely needs to grow into an NFL body, but he has speed and moves. Bodies can be built, moves are harder to teach and speed is something you either have or you don't. So I am pretty high on him right now, especially as a year 2 and 3 player. You can't expect him to be Mathis' equal, but I believe he can be that type of player and is already well on his way.

Kerr is fun to watch. How does he move that quickly at 335? Great undrafted pick, if we'd spent a pick on him, a high pick, I'd be happy with his production so far. Expecting him to start on the DL at some point soon, maybe next season.

Moncrief has performed at every opportunity. There are just a lot of mouths to feed. It seems like he is working hard to live up to his potential. It's great to think of him and Hilton as our WRs of the future. Reggie recently complimented him publicly, saying he admired how hard Moncrief practices.

Harrison has done well, better than you can expect for a rookie asked to start at center. But I think he struggles with the protection calls. The youth on the inner OL in general is at times hurting the offense. His raw power and blocking ability are again things that are hard to teach, so I am confident he will grow into the role. Already much better than Satele.

I want to include Purifoy and McDonald in here as well. Not sure if either will ever start or even play significant minutes in the secondary. But they're undrafted rookies and they're playing very well on special teams.

Even without a 1st round pick this looks like a very strong draft class. Not just good role players either, but potential stars in Moncrief, Newsome, and Kerr.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Harrison's biggest issues are clearly mental. It's a complicated position to learn.

This young interior line has gone through some growing pains, but it is still LIGHT YEARS better then what we've had in recent years. Since the year that Jake Scott left (Saturday and Lilja fell apart right after that). We haven't had a non-bottom-10-in-NFL OL in any year since. I mean, this line is probably about league-average, but I'll GLADLY take that.

Hopefully Newsome and Kerr keep developing. They are capable of causing havoc in the backfield.

Landry better not be starting over Brown this week. I mean, Sergio is not great, but he has proven serviceable. Landry is just useless.