Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 12-29-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Colts Playoff Thread (Colts at Patriots)

A tough upcoming matchup.

I know we beat them in KC, but I fully expect Andy Reid to be prepared and expect it to be tougher.

Big key is to win the turnover battle and don't let Charles beat us.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
A tough upcoming matchup.

I know we beat them in KC, but I fully expect Andy Reid to be prepared and expect it to be tougher.

Big key is to win the turnover battle and don't let Charles beat us.
Yeah I definitely think we will see a different KC on Saturday.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman has been playing very well which will help in containing Charles. Andy Reid is a good coach but isn't known for making the best decisions in the playoffs. I think it'll be a tough game but I also think the crowd and the limited offense will mean the defense will have a good game.

Hopefully all of our OL will be healthy enough that they can put the best guys out there. Meaning Reitz at guard (NOT Linkenbach!) and McGlynn at center. If McGlynn is healthy and they start Satele anyway I will be pretty upset.

I am pumped. Going to the game with my dad, who has season tickets. Hopefully this playoff game vs. KC turns out the same way it did in 06.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

Looks like we are pretty good when it comes to health. Everyone on injury is probable except for Fili Moala and Aubrayo Franklin who are both questionable.

Even then though Franklin had two days of FP in practice.

I heard that the pictures from practice had our run of the mill starting OL, but they did pretty well last time against the Chiefs. I'm pretty sure it is
Castonzo - Thornton - Satele - McGlynn - Cherilus
I would usually be upset, but they held up well last outing. I agree though that our best line would be:
Castonzo - Reitz - McGlynn - Thornton - Cherilus

More than the OL I am worried about our front 7 on D. I'm a little nervous that Reid won't get too far away from pounding the run against our 26th ranked run defense. We are going to need Landry to stop taking bad angles on ball carriers and provide support.

I'm very comfortable with our secondary. Josh Gordy did a decent job on Bowe. Butler looked fantastic in run support when in Nickel situations. Davis did well and only let a couple of receptions go. Let's hope for another strong outing from our pass rush to make that possible.

What matchups are you guys worried about?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:17 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Nixon? He has looked pretty good lately, certainly better then either Satele or McGlynn.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:23 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
What about Nixon? He has looked pretty good lately, certainly better then either Satele or McGlynn.
I'm really encouraged by his play. I could see him moving to Guard permanently. I haven't seen him move as a tackle though admitantly. I definitely think he plays better than McGlynn at guard, but I just heard rumors they were sticking with the same guys. It sucks but I can understand why.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-04-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck today guys. Obviously I hope the Chiefs win, but I want it to be a good game regardless.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Good luck today guys. Obviously I hope the Chiefs win, but I want it to be a good game regardless.
Same to you Vidae! Enjoy yourself this fine Saturday.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-04-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game and good luck the rest of the way. Make em eat dirt.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:07 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Good game and good luck the rest of the way. Make em eat dirt.
Hell of a game. I hope your team comes back strong next year Vidae.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-04-2014, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got out of the game. Pure insanity. Great game!

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That might have been the craziest game I've seen this year. Good job on the part of the Colts for putting it together when it counted. Although I do admit a less stressful game would have been nice.
pattonsc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:11 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm stumped. Luck forces throws and yet we win because of Luck. I really really really hope we play Denver next week.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:21 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
I'm stumped. Luck forces throws and yet we win because of Luck. I really really really hope we play Denver next week.
Wait why Denver? I'm a little terrified of both AFC opponents.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-05-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tend to think we'll go as far as TY can take us, or at least he's by far our best option. Aqib Talib is probably the best corner in the AFC playoffs and Bellachik is notorious at taking away your best option.

If we do play Denver, hopefully our corners get a lot healthier this week. Both looked a little hobbled yesterday.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I just watched the highlights on NFL.com again.

The play where Luck recovered the fumble and scored, Brown threw a nice block on Berry
Old 01-05-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, Colts will be traveling to Foxborough. A place of nightmares.

This will be very tough, but clearly you can't count this team out.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:00 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I'm worried about Talib. I think he will shut down TY and after him we are really thin. We are going to need to either run the ball or have someone else emerge at receiver.

Hats off to the OL in the win. Very good play there.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-05-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll be huge underdogs. Brady's short and intermediate game is still very good. Fleener and Rogers Will have to make plays. I too think Hilton is taken out of the equation.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just came across this: https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/st...380864/photo/1

Its a graph of the probability of winning Saturday's game as it was on-going. The chiefs reached 99.1% odds of winning at one point.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

If TY is to become an elite WR, he needs to do well against elite corners.

I think he has the talent to get the best out of even the toughest matchups.

There is no question, if we are to have a chance vs. Pats, everyone will need to step up. If we fall behind again, Pats won't let us come back.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We were just discussing this on the Pats board. We're not entirely sure we'll devote Talib to Hilton. I think Dennard, Ryan, and Arrington are all better at pressing, and McCourty is our best asset against the long ball, so I think we may press Hilton, and cheat McCourty over to his side. Hopefully we'd be able to throw off Hilton's release and bait Luck into a throw or 2 with McCourty coming over the top.

We did a similar thing a few weeks ago against Mike Wallace. This would leave a guy like Talib who has our best man cover skills to match up on whomever else they decide without the same protection they'd usually get from Mccourty.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

So apparently Colts just signed Deion Branch.

Inside information?
Old 01-06-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

BTW, am I the only one that thinks Luck should be running more in the playoffs?

I understand limiting his running during the regular season, but in the playoffs it can be a serious weapon.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fully agree. Richardson should never touch the ball again. It needs to be Luck airing it out or running with Brown spelling him. No fear, short crossing routes with deep strikes or screens mixed in. We also need to never throw another out route again. With a spread-based offense, those running lanes will be wide open on those option draws.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote