Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: Should we give up on Tarvaris?
Yes, Jackson isn't the answer and we should draft another QB 11 14.47%
No, give Jackson one more year at least. 56 73.68%
We should give up on Jackson but not go QB 1st round 0 0%
Other (Explain in reply) 9 11.84%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2007, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you clearly take quinn at #7 if he is there... your at a great situation where you will get a great player who will drop to you...

i just think you can't worry about the past when drafting. go by what could help the most
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
amesbear
Rookie

amesbear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just throwing this out there... What if we took AD in the first, Stanton in the second, Brian Robison in the third, and Paul Williams in the fourth? Then we get a gamebreaker RB, a quality QB who played top competition in college, a really good DE and a big strong WR who can make plays after the catch. I would be very pleased if this happened. I know Brady Quinn is a great player and I wouldn't be mad if we got him but I would just rather have AD at 7 and Stanton in the second round. I know Stanton may be a reach but I am assuming we don't do any kind of trading. If we traded down and got him late second or early third that would be better.

Last edited by amesbear : 04-15-2007 at 08:44 AM.
amesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The only 2 QB's in this draft that should be looked at are the top 2 (Quinn and Russell) otherwise drafting another crappy project only furthers our
stay in medicore-land.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn or wait till next year and see who there is, but i dont remeber any qbs who decided to stay an extra year like Quinn.

Take Quinn the qbs taht stayed and extra year have a better chance of successe then those that come out early. Like Manning, Lineart, McNabb,
Old 04-15-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Brian Brohm and Colt Brennan both stayed.

Other Qb's who might be 1st round worthy by thins time next year
include Colt McCoy (just love that name) John David Booty, Chad Henne,
and Mathew Stafford.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea im definatly against taking any QB other than the top 2 this year
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
Brian Brohm and Colt Brennan both stayed.

Other Qb's who might be 1st round worthy by thins time next year
include Colt McCoy (just love that name) John David Booty, Chad Henne,
and Mathew Stafford.
Ick....nobody there really excites me at all.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

eh, they're all alright, don't think any of them is anything that special.
I do think that Stafford has the best arm of all of them and will probably be a top 10 pick someday.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Other Qb's who might be 1st round worthy by thins time next year include Colt McCoy (just love that name) John David Booty, Chad Henne, and Mathew Stafford.
Stafford is a freshman, sport.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Stafford is a freshman, sport.
Actually he's a sophomore....my bad, thought he'd be a junior this year.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
mikevick7owns

if jamarcus russell somehow fell would you draft him?

i dont know how he would fit into the west coast offense at all, but its possible.

im really having a hard time between russell and quinn at #3 for the browns.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevick7owns View Post

i dont know how he would fit into the west coast offense at all, but its possible.

No way, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. If we take Russell I give up on football.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevick7owns View Post

Shouldnt be any trouble if JaMarcus Russell manages to fall to #3 phil savage pick him in a heartbeat
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
amesbear
Rookie

amesbear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, I don't think this is even a problem worth worrying about. The only way he falls to us at 7 is if we find out he is dealin coke and chiefin the herb.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quinn or Russell ....either would be an upgrade.

We need an elite player, not another question mark prospect.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
FatViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondeye View Post
If Detroit can pass up on Calvin Johnson based on the fact that they have Mike Furrey and Roy Williams, I think we can pass on Quinn if we have Jackson and Bollinger.
Ok, how about we don't look towards what the Lions do for how we go about managing the Vikings.

The reason we don't draft Quinn is because he is not worth the number 7 pick, there are dozens of draft picks worth more than him in talent. He is a system quarter back at best. If Peterson is still on the board, we have to draft him due to his talent. Plus how could having two good running backs hurt us? It could only take more pressure off of T-Jack and give him room to develop.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Since when isn't B.Q. a top 7 talent ?
Dumbest 1st post ever, welcome to the board.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
FatViking

Since January 3 vs. LSU, when Quinn went 15 for 35, two int, with just two tds and 150 yards.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

hahahahahaah....classic ignorant post.
Quinn is the most prolific QB of the last 2 years. Go ahead, look it up...I'll wait.

And FYI Quinn can't complete passes when Dorsey was on his ass 2 steps into his dropstep every snap. You should actually watch the game instead of using stats to try and justify your hatred.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
FatViking

Every game he played against high rated teams there was always an excuse. So many games against NFL teams before that list of excuses allow you to realize the hype he has been made of?
Old 04-19-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Here'a few facts for ya.
Coming out of High School he was the highest rated QB in the country.
In college he played in a pro style offense (under both Ty Willingham and
Charlie Weis)
Last year he was projected as a top 5 pick had he come out and
was almost a lock to be #1 this year all the way up until
January.
Charlie Weis stated that BQ would be the NFL's 3rd best QB within 3 seasons.
Over the last 2 seasons...there is NO other QB in the country who has thrown for more yards or TD's. all the while he threw for fewer than 12 INT's.
He's as polished a QB as Matt Leinart and has MORE tools to work with (stronger arm, better mobility)

He put up quality #'s against top tier competition , despite having very little help offensivly and ZERO help defensivly.

If you can't figure out that football is a different game when it's tied
then it is being down 14 then you have no buisness opening your mouth
or typing on a keyboard when it comes to football.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
FatViking

Quote:
Here'a few facts for ya.
Coming out of High School he was the highest rated QB in the country.
In college he played in a pro style offense (under both Ty Willingham and
Charlie Weis)
Last year he was projected as a top 5 pick had he come out and
was almost a lock to be #1 this year all the way up until
January.
Charlie Weis stated that BQ would be the NFL's 3rd best QB within 3 seasons.
Over the last 2 seasons...there is NO other QB in the country who has thrown for more yards or TD's. all the while he threw for fewer than 12 INT's.
He's as polished a QB as Matt Leinart and has MORE tools to work with (stronger arm, better mobility)

He put up quality #'s against top tier competition , despite having very little help offensivly and ZERO help defensivly.

If you can't figure out that football is a different game when it's tied
then it is being down 14 then you have no buisness opening your mouth
or typing on a keyboard when it comes to football.

Well I got a little story for ya buddy. Here's a few facts about an actual top five pick at QB. He led his highschool team to winning a state title, averaged over 300 yards a game his last year in college and threw for a record (at the time) 33 tds. Not to mention he finished top three in the Heisman vote. In the draft he was the second quarterback taken (after a guy named Peyton).

Yep you guessed it master of football, Ryan Leaf. Hype gets a lot of quarterbacks money, few of them get rings.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

I'm sorry, did you say RYAN LEAF ??? well there you have it. No QB with college production could ever have success in the NFL.

oh, btw, way you failed to point out that Leaf's junior year
was his 2nd starting and his sophomore season was nothing to write home about.
He was a 1 year wonder who was drafted on a Charger team that hadn't had more than 5 wins in the previous 3. The whole team lacked talent,...but leave it to a complete bofooon to try and compare that with a guy who has 4 years of starting expereince and was considered a top 10 prospect after his sophomore year, considered a top 5 pick last year and is again considered a top 10 player this year..really comparable.

Couldn't you find someone from this decade to compare him to ???
seriously, Ryan Leaf came out when..1998 ???? so in 9 years we haven't had another QB with college production come into the NFL and have success ???? ...or hell about about the same draft. With Peyton manning
someone who Quinn's college career better resembles.
Both highly prolific, both had to endure retards inciting riots with banners saying "he can't win the big game" , both were projected top 10 picks who went back to school and had their games overanaylzed to a point where some 1 year fluke like Leaf was being pimped (by the same Manning haters).

You see skippy, story time is great and all but without a moral to the story it's useless.

The moral to this one is ..Brady Quinn better resembles Peyton Manning from that 1998 draft where the 1 hit wonder Ryan Leaf better resembles
a certain "big armed physical wonder" from L.S.U.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

Wow... this discussion is entering the relm of "POINTLESS"

Fact of the matter is. If Brady Quinn is still on the board at 7, there is no reason why we shouldn't take him. That is unless AD is still there too. But i dont see any scenario where BQ and AD are both on the board.

As a long time Vikings fan, I am planning/praying for either AD OR BQ.

but like i've said numerous times before, whomever we select will each force or team to go in a different direction as far as the off season goes.

BQ and TJack would fight for the starting job, and would make for an exciting battle.

AD would be the face of our team, and be the ONE and only playmaker we've got. Would allow Childress to call 40 running plays a game, and let TJack slowly get his feet wet.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like Redskins and Dolphins talking about a possible trade up if Quinn is there at 6.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote