Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: Should we give up on Tarvaris?
Yes, Jackson isn't the answer and we should draft another QB 11 14.47%
No, give Jackson one more year at least. 56 73.68%
We should give up on Jackson but not go QB 1st round 0 0%
Other (Explain in reply) 9 11.84%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
FatViking

Well its just time to find out.

Hopefully Childress can get everything together and get us over 500 and hopefully into the playoffs. We don't have an easy schedule this year, but hopefully a dominate run game and Brad Johnson not scoring points for opponents well wearing purple will add some wins.

As for Quinn, hopefully he gets thrown into the starting job right away due to Crennel needing some jersey sales or any other way to hold onto his job for one more year so we can watch Quinn be introduced to NFL D's. It should be fun watching Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu showing him why he wasn't drafted first overall. Week 3 Browns vs. Raiders should be a good one to watch if both new QBs are on the field.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You must really have a hard on for Quinn to hate him so much. Just physical envy ? Or is it the catholic thing ? The river of top shelf poon he's going to get ?

I expect Cleveland to trade for a Trent Green style QB to be the "vet" to take the initial punishment. They're not going to pull the same crap they did with Tim Couch. Derrick Anderson and Charlie Frye could also see time
before they're comfortable with Quinn going under center.
He's probably closer to ready than any other QB taken this year and if he does play I don't expect anything less than what Leinart and Cutler did.

Quinn is the superior prospect to Jackson, get over it.
In 3 years when Quinn is a top 10 QB and Jackson is learning the currency
rate between the Canadian dollar and the U.S. (His CFL future awaits)
you like hundreds before you will be no where to be found on any message board. You'll hide under a new i.d. , go to another board ,
or just hide in your mothers basement listening to your latest rap download thinking "I still hate Quinn".
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
The river of top shelf poon he's going to get ?
we've been over this.

Christ SP you're really going out on a limb claiming Quinn as the superior prospect.
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
FatViking

Like I said it is now just time to find out. I got what I wanted, the Vikings not drafting Quinn. So argue all you want about what he is going to do. Time will tell, and 20 teams banked he wasn't worth it.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Ray Lewis, Randy Moss, Ed Reed, Tom Brady,.....yeah, using NFL teams not taking a player in the top 15 to support your idiotic beliefs has really worked out well.

Yes we will see.

Now there is no excuses for Childress or for Jackson. he got his shot.
unchallenged and when he fails we'll be another average talent team
without that franchise QB.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlharsh View Post
we've been over this.

Christ SP you're really going out on a limb claiming Quinn as the superior prospect.
Superior to who ????
And , if you're not going to bother watching college football, then for
Christ's sake do a little research

I'll even help ya out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_Quinn
Old 04-30-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
FatViking

Maybe you could just watch college football. I don't think you understand there is a huge difference compared to the NFL.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

let me guess you're the 1 person on the planet whose seen EVERY alabama state AND minnesota Viking game over the past 4 years and
could break down why exactly it would be inevidable for Jackson to do anything but succeed in the NFL.

please, stick to dealing with only those Viking homers who think every pick is pure genius and that every year is "the year"
Old 04-30-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatViking View Post
Maybe you could just watch college football. I don't think you understand there is a huge difference compared to the NFL.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh ya think so ?

Jesus , get over yourself. I've more than likely have read more playbooks
than you've read any type of book. So save the "you should" speech for your kids or your boyfriend.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
FatViking

Alright, try and skip the proving yourself on the internet thing.

No matter how many playbooks or games you have gone over, you are not an NFL scout or manager. And 20 teams passed by Quinn, and the Browns didn't think he was worth a top ten pick.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

hahahahaha...how many teams didn't "think" Ray Lewis wasn't worth a top 20 pick ? nice arguement jackass.

Oh and BTW, how many QB's are teams going to take year in and year out in the first round ????? Try doing a little research blowhard.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
FatViking

Every draft has players who slip down the draft and turn out. But most drafts also have QBs taken in the first round who turn out to be worthless in the NFL. The argument made by 20 teams this year was Quinn is going to be that worthless QB.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

with every post you sound more one sided and ignroant.

EVERY position has major flops. AT EVERY POSITON
SHould Detroit have passed on Calvin Johnson ? How about the Raiders on
Jamarcus Russell (whose floor is waaaay lower than Quinn's)
The point of a draft is to improve your team by making them more complete not by loading up prospects at a few positions.

You obviously don't get it. You only seem to want to think that Quinn , not only isn't first round talent , but shouldn't be in the league....perhaps you're Swaggars cousin who knows...who cares.
I'm done reading and responding to your absolutely wortheless "insights" and opinions.

Good day.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you guys still fighting about Getting Quinn, the draft is passed and this should be over. We are putting Tarvaris Jackson in as our QB and if he has success then he has it but if he doesnt it doesnt mean Quinn would have been any better. He is still a rookie he wont have the success like Roethisberger did. Quinn is a good prospect but doesnt mean he would have an affect the second he got there. Childress wants to pound the ball and he got there RB. Just because a QB is from a small school doesnt make him horrible. Tarvaris has a great arm and has speed and has a great upside. Quinn wouldnt have done any better in the GB game with those WR we had. You all need to stop fighting over this, Quinn is a Brown and Jackson is our QB and Accept it.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Take it to the Browns board!!!

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes call it Frye...give up on him?

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they should give up on frye
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
they should give up on frye
ok first of all, why are we talking about the browns here? This is the board, not the browns. second of all, TJack has only had like what? 2 starts? he hasnt had much of a chance, so for no reason we should give up on him

Obviously, brady quinn wasnt meant for the vikings and thats why we didnt pick him. no doubt about it, he's going to be good, but its been said in other threads 1. childress's ego is to high to admit that he was wrong on TJack 2. TJack has only had a few starts.

but in my opinion, we shouldnt give up on TJack, we should wait to see what he can do in the next two years, then pass a judgement if we give up on him or not.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

http://fannation.com/blogs/post/14552?cnn=yes

Quote:
The criteria: how will they perform in 2007, factoring intangibles such as winning and leadership along with statistics. Marc Bulger may have better numbers than Tom Brady, but that doesn't make Bulger more valuable.
Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Jackson will continue to be terrible....so much for the claim that I'm some lone wolf on this belief.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://fannation.com/blogs/post/14552?cnn=yes

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Jackson will continue to be terrible....so much for the claim that I'm some lone wolf on this belief.
Did you honestly expect them to place him any higher? I mean of course they're not going to place him any higher considering the fact that he's proved nothing thus far and is going to have fairly limited help next year on offense.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

So let me get this straight...he's good enough to be the QB of this team....as long as we have zero expectations for him ??? Do I have that about right ?

and I'm not sold on the "very limited help" we do , if I recall correctly, still have Bobby Wade
Old 05-19-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So let me get this straight...he's good enough to be the QB of this team....as long as we have zero expectations for him ??? Do I have that about right ?

and I'm not sold on the "very limited help" we do , if I recall correctly, still have Bobby Wade
Dear God I hope you're joking.....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

lol, yes. Sarcasm is hard to pull off on here.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Well again you show your ignorance SP most every one of those guys who fell that you mentioned fell for good reason.
Tom Brady Mediocure college career backed by shoddy combine
Ray Lewis Needs to be in a certain system to be successful was undersized coming in at a mere 220 lbs as a rookie, Played on a team that was loaded with great players
Ed Reed was a cornerbacl/safty in college showed average speed for a corner and lacked great tackling ability for a safty, again played ona team that limited his college production,
Randy Moss was kicked off Florida State which lets face it they do tend to be very tollerant around tallahassee so any player getting the boot is going to get a red flag. Ran the same route most of the time, Played against inferior competition Marshall wasnt a division one team nor were any running to line up against them.
Heres another analysis
Brady Quinn all though he has great college stats very seldom plays his best game against top comp. Thorws the football like a baseball transfering all his weight to his front foot making his very sustiple to injury, In top physical shape yet still lacks arm strength for the deep ball, has marginal mobility, A premadonna reminds most people of second coming of Rick Meir. Better suited for last first round pick, As you pointed out yourself BETTER SUITED TO BACK UP THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
VikesRule
Rookie

VikesRule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Jackson will never ever ever be "my boy" and I promise you ...passing on Quinn will turn out to be the "icing" on this sh!t cake Childress has been making for years. I like Peterson and wish him the best...but he's more likely to dislocate his arm sneezing as he is to sustain the rigors of a 16 game season.

"don't want brady" ??? Do you think there's a reason these top 10 teams CONTINUE to draft top 10 year in and year out ??? hahahaha.

The last laugh will be on these top teams when Quinn leads some team to the title.
Everything I've seen and read about Jackson is that he is working hard to become a leader and to understand this team and its playbook.

Its also kinda funny how you already dismiss Childress after one season. Kinda like how you already dismiss Jackson. You dismiss Peterson without him even taking a snap. I'm sure after Rice drops a pass, you'll want him gone, too. It takes more than one year for some players to perform well. I'm gonna keep faith in Jackson until he proves he can't get it done. You can keep your Brady Quinn lovefest to yourself, I want no part of it. I'm loyal to this team through thick and thin, and I'm gonna support the Vikings until the day I die.

I hope Jackson and Peterson prove you wrong!
VikesRule is offline   Reply With Quote