Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 49ers Gameday Thread: NFC Wild Card 49ers at Packers

Playoffs are here and the 49ers are back in the mix.

That's right Jim. After a season of ups and downs, we turned out to be just fine. 12-4 after a 1-2 start. And now it's time to dance ever-so-familiar dance with the Green Bay Packers yet again.

Recent history has been kind to the 49ers when they clash with the Pack. Revenge has been pretty sweet.

Oh hell yeah.

But you know, I still don't think I'm ready to see this ride come to an end. I still haven't forgotten this:

Or this:

And this...which was the worst maybe of them all.

Oh and let's not forget this little final **** in the postseason.

So many childhood dreams shattered year after year. Followed by the dark ages of 2003-2010. Oy.

But alas, we have our savior. And his name is Jim.

No, not that Jim. This one has his own clothing line.

I kid, I kid. But he does have a mean swagger and knows how to coach a football team. We's be hanging with Harbs.

*cough* wife is hot *cough*, *cough* wife is hot *cough*

So about the game. Safe to say we have this team's number as of recently. It's supposed to be pretty cold.

(wait, they sold out right?)

It's alright. We can deal with it. Our defense should come to play and make Aaron Rodgers a snowman. I love him seeing as he's a bay area kid, but he is playing for the wrong ball club (thanks Nolan).

A lot of people are already penciling us in as the winner, but I expect the Packers to put up a fight. They always do. We might be without Carlos Rogers and Eric Wright. Not a good omen because I know this goon has a knack to be annoying.

No Clay Matthews doe. We have the better team and we SHOULD win this one. Everything favors our chances other than the homefield. And that is what makes me nervous. This ball club doesn't have the tendency to choke though under this coaching staff. They rise to the occasion a good amount of the time. We'll need Kaepernick to be on point and Roman to not be a doofus. Personally for wild card teams I always think the first game is the hardest. After that, you can see teams go on a run. Win or lose it's been a better season than I thought. I think we grind out a tough win on the road though. I'll say 49ers 24 Packers 21. Stomp those cheeseheads! GO NINERS!

Oh? Packers fans still want to complain about this?

Yeah, payback for this:

Damn Jimbo, can a ***** get a piece? I'd lick candy off dat hoe.

Anyways, enjoy the game fellas.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:59 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup should be a fun game and enjoyable one to watch . I'll be at the game freezing my ass off . I hope its a good game and not a 3 score of any sort. Hopefully the packer fans are a little kind to me .. Y'all enjoy the game as well in the heat of a home.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't be furious if we lose. Things happen. I'd only be upset if it's the championship game. If we get past the wild card and divisional, then that is when things starts to really get interesting. Losing championship games (and I guess Super Bowls now) really hurts.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2014, 03:27 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It won't happen, but i would like it if the NFL allowed limited commercials this game, mainly for the safety of the players, workers, and fans. That way it would end quicker and get everyone home safe.

It would suck for everyone involved if the game went to OT or something like that. Not to mention, bad for my health. I always get stressed when the Niners play. Sometimes too much for my own good.

We're the better team but i have a bad feeling about Rodgers going wild. The weather makes everything unpredictable too.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

So if we win we get to head to Carolina. Which would be a much better alternative than facing Seattle in the divisional round. Hopefully we take care of business and the Saints beat the Seahawks.

By the way, I keep thinking our injury situation at corner is going to screw us over. I hope the coaching staff has a pretty good contingency plan with Rogers sidelined and Wright hobbled. It will be interesting to see how much pressure Fangio decides to send and/or if our front seven plays lackluster for the third straight game. Ahmad Brooks and Aldon Smith have been ghosts out there.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-05-2014 at 03:37 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:25 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are going to have to get pressure if we hope to slow Rodgers and Co down. Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Boykins... our 3rd and 4th CBs are gonna have their hands full. It is cold, but it's not snowing, right? At least guys shouldn't be slipping.

It will be a challenge, but I feel we should win this one. We know how bad their D is and we are good at protecting the ball. We should'nt have much resistance moving the ball. I look for big games from Frank and Vernon.

28-21, niners.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I can see our defense being against ropes. I just hope our offense can't do **** against a horrible Packers defense and make them look like the 1985 Bears. That would probably get me fuming.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-05-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niners have the edge in every single category, with the QB and WR spots being a tie.
Slight edge at RB to you because our horse is really banged up.

Your OL is better, and healthier.
Your DL is better.
Your LB corps are better.
Even your DBs are better because our safeties suck ballz. ZERO ints from the whole safety group.
Shields and Tramon are good cover corners, but they're soft and against your powerful running game, and strong Boldin, that's mismatch city for SF.

There's a reason that you guys are 3-0 against us recently:
Far better talent, and somehow always fuckinghealthier at the key spots.

And your OC is smarter than our DC Capers. That's clear as the ice is cold today.

I got the Niners winning 33-20 today.
http://packersinsider.com/2014/01/pr...s-not-packers/
Old 01-05-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Niners have the edge in every single category, with the QB and WR spots being a tie.
Slight edge at RB to you because our horse is really banged up.

Your OL is better, and healthier.
Your DL is better.
Your LB corps are better.
Even your DBs are better because our safeties suck ballz. ZERO ints from the whole safety group.
Shields and Tramon are good cover corners, but they're soft and against your powerful running game, and strong Boldin, that's mismatch city for SF.

There's a reason that you guys are 3-0 against us recently:
Far better talent, and somehow always fuckinghealthier at the key spots.

And your OC is smarter than our DC Capers. That's clear as the ice is cold today.

I got the Niners winning 33-20 today.
http://packersinsider.com/2014/01/pr...s-not-packers/
You should have faith in your team if they are in the playoffs. Regardless of circumstance.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You should have faith in your team if they are in the playoffs. Regardless of circumstance.
Define "faith" for me please.

I am religious and I do have 100% faith.

But in my team here, define what you mean.

Because if it means I think we are going to win every game, that I don't have.
I didn't have it even in our Super Bowl season in 2010. I started to get it in 2011 when we were 13-0.
I didn't have it in the 80s when we sucked.

I HOPE we win.

But looking at the recent head to head matchup here, it's a clear advantage to San Fran, plus as always they are missing fewer key pieces.
Why would I expect that to change now?
Everyone says "yeah but the Packers have Rodgers". So what? We had him last year in both games we lost to you, and had him in week one when we lost to you.
Now the only difference is he's missing the one star on defense, Matthews.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-05-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was confident in the team being able to make a run in 2010 because of how good their D was

this team? I have no confidence in the D to stop anybody at any time, so it's hard to think they'll be able to win unless it's a shootout and Rodgers is lights out

Anyway, good luck Niner fans. I hope it's a great game
Old 01-05-2014, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's do dis.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here we go baby!!!

49ers 28
Packers 24
Old 01-05-2014, 04:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Oh, a key early injury?
Let me guess.... to a Packer?
Old 01-05-2014, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Halftime. We need to start getting pressure on Rodgers. They started to get in a groove ever since Kaepernick's interception. Our offense also needs to start doing better in redzone situations. They were near the goalline twice and came away with only 6 points. That is a killer. I am confident Kaepernick can still pass against the Packers defense, but I hope Roman doesn't phase out Gore. Especially if we get in goal line situations again.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2014, 07:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES!!! Thankfully, thus far Dawson has proven to be the anti-Akers.

49ers advance to the Divisional playoffs against the Carolina Panthers in Carolina.

P.S. Let's go Saints!!!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 07:55 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feels good man.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooooooooooo ******* happy right now.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good sh1t boys. with the way the saints lined it up for us yesterday it would have been a travesty losing this one. inebriated and a niners win - wouldnt have it any other way. hopefully nobody caught a cold out there
Old 01-05-2014, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Hell yeah. Four straight against the Packers. Payback is awesome. Going to be interesting going to Carolina. They have a really good defense and got us at home earlier. Now it's our turn to steal their thunder. Candlestick also lives on if the Saints win against the Seahawks. That would be awesome if they are sent packing first.

Game ball: Colin Kaepernick.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2014, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Old 01-05-2014, 08:52 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to know who whiffed on the block on the FG attempt. Looked like McDonald. That kicked SHOULD have been blocked. It went right threw Tramon Williams arms. That kind of ****-up should not happen on a game-winning FG.

Nice early B-Day present but this team won't go much further if our offense doesn't get its **** together stop with the mistakes and miscues. And its not Greg Roman. Packers routinely had 9 men in box. They were daring us to pass. Everyone, including CK and the O-Line has to be better. Playtime is over, its the playoffs....guys need execute period.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Old 01-05-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'd like to know who whiffed on the block on the FG attempt. Looked like McDonald. That kicked SHOULD have been blocked. It went right threw Tramon Williams arms. That kind of ****-up should not happen on a game-winning FG.

Nice early B-Day present but this team won't go much further if our offense doesn't get its **** together stop with the mistakes and miscues. And its not Greg Roman. Packers routinely had 9 men in box. They were daring us to pass. Everyone, including CK and the O-Line has to be better. Playtime is over, its the playoffs....guys need execute period.
Yeah, but it wouldn't have mattered if it was blocked. He was officially offsides on the play. The 49ers would have had another chance.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2014, 09:58 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea the offense played like **** still even with this poor of a win.

I couldn't see as well in the stands but some most of it. Was hard telling what was going on etc. I had a blast at the game though was good times even in the low temps of 5* .

Back to the offense. We seriously need to freaking run the ball with Gore a whole lot more. it was working then we stopped to try and gain passing or what ever bull crap. The time thing was terrible today waiting two time outs in the first and second half not cool guys!
I thought our defense did much better in the second half getting pressure on Rodgers. It took a while for the refs to call a hold call against GB but we got one at least in the 3rd.

IN all was a good close game and I agree with the rest of you Kaep and the rest of the offense needs to get their **** together for Carolina because we can't do that crap twice.
Closed Thread