Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow the NFC is weak as ever this year.

I like the Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Broncos over every single NFC team.

The Patriots had a down year, they have a good chance to bounce back now that they weren't in the superbowl. I like their personnel better this year than possibly any of the last 5 years and they have the management that knows how to keep it cool in the playoffs.

The Chargers will be playing with a chip on their shoulder that they didn't make it there last year. Even though I don't like Turner that much, he's an upgrade from Shotty and fits their team pretty well. He could rebound. Expect their defense and running game to get even better next year, as young stars Merriman and McNeil aren't rookies anymore.

The Broncos defense is gonna be ridiculous with a new D coord and Bly - probably the best in the league. Cutler will lead them better than Plummer and Walker will play better in his second year there and with another year to recover from that horrible ACL injury.

The Saints won't do as well this year. They came out of no where last year to surprise everyone but I think they come back to earth now that they are on everyone's radar. They have a lot of great players but they are young and new, even their coach, so I don't see them staying strong in the playoffs and they will make mistakes in the regular season. Give them 2-3 years and they'll be a playoff contender.

I just don't see it in the bears, their offense is too shaky, their D lost players, gonna be under a lot of pressure.

It seems like McNabb has been doing everything for the Eagles, theres a good chance he gets hurt again and even if he doesn't, he has to play like superman to carry that offense. The defense is pretty good but with a 1 trick offense it won't be enough.

I like the Seahawks better than any other NFC team, but their running game, though it should be better than last year, won't carry them like it has in recent years. Alexander might be running out of gas, and he won't be the stud he was. Walter Jones is getting old and doesn't have Hutch anymore. Their defense is shaky.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 04-06-2007 at 02:35 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

patriots vs saints

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
V

You knew a GB fan would finnally predict it
Seeing Peyton vs. Favre in the SB would be a dream come true. Talk about epic.....=P
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patriots vs. Eagles

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Carolina Panthers vs San Diego Chargers

Every year, since 2002 I've been able to pick one of the teams in the superbowl. 03 I had the Pats, 04 I had the eagles, 05 I had the Steelers and in 06 I picked the Colts to win after their first playoff win.

I'm picking San Diego because I believe they lost last year due to some inexperience and a lack of killer instinct I think that after such a big year and the team staying relatively in tact not to mention Rivers getting another year in the system they'll be tough to stop.

I'm picking Carolina partially because I'm a homer but also because the team had the 7th ranked defense despite having no cornerbacks or middle linebacker for most of the year and an inept offense.

I think that the combination of a defense that will be top 5 ceteris parabis and an offense that will improve with schemes tailored for the running backs we have, coupled with Steve Smith and Johnson having another year with Delhomme will give us the fire power.

Who would win in that matchup would be interesting, the Panthers Defense is built to stop running backs like LaDanian Tomlinson and the Chargers secondary has been lacking and might have some trouble against our receivers. Then Again carolina has struggled against tight ends in recent years. It'd be a great game anyway.
With no QB for Carolina? Delhomme and firepower don't belong in the same sentence.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Not in a gazillion years.

Raiders - Lions
Yessir! :D

Edit: You realize that they have to play this year too in the regular season. Yuck!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

vs
Old 04-06-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am taking the Saints but only because I am a Saints fan and pick them every year. Last year I had Saints and Chargers. I am tempted to go with that pick again, but I think I will go for a Saints-Patriots matchup.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patriots over the Eagles.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

homer style:

bengals vs 49ers

but what i actually think:

Ravens vs Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Wow the NFC is weak as ever this year.

The Saints won't do as well this year. They came out of no where last year to surprise everyone but I think they come back to earth now that they are on everyone's radar. They have a lot of great players but they are young and new, even their coach, so I don't see them staying strong in the playoffs and they will make mistakes in the regular season. Give them 2-3 years and they'll be a playoff contender.
I respect your opinion but I disagree. The Saints are a young football team and that is one of the things that gives you hope that they can contend for the next several years. If you look at last season, most of the games they won at the beginning of the season were won on discipline and sound play. They did not make many mistakes. As the season progressed, the team really begin to gel and that is when the offense exploded. In fact, this team became an offensive juggernaut once the players got use to playing with one another as well as under a new system.

Payton is a bright offensive mind and a guy who finds new ways to maximize the talent on the team. You have Drew Brees, who as long as he stays healthy, should keep this team in the playoffs. He is easily the best QB in the NFC and arguably the third best QB in the league behind Manning and Brady. You have Deuce who ran for more than 1000 yards a year after having an ACL injury. He will be more healthy and stronger this season. You have Reggie Bush who will only get better. In the second half of the season, he scored 9 touchdowns and had one called back. He became a better runner as he begin to be more patient and follow his blockers. His average of the second half of the season was 5.0 per carry. He scored in both games in the playoffs and looks like he'll be a major touchdown scorer this season. Colston will be back. So will Devery. They added Eric Johnson, who is a superb pass catching TE. He will add versatility to the offense. The offensive line is very young. The oldest guy on the line will be 30 this season. The rest of the guys are young. The average age of the starters on the team is 26. The Saints defense is much maligned but not as bad as people think. During our 3-13 season, they ranked 14. Last year, they were 11 in defense right behind San Diego. We need to add some players in the secondary at CB and we need to get a young DT. But I think a huge improvement will be made once we can get Roman Harper back. I will say more about Harper later.

The Saints will have 9 picks in this draft and will likely add firepower on both offense and defense. We need a CB or two. We also can use another WR. If Ginn or Bowe are on the board, expect the Saints to think long and hard about taking one of them. The rest of the draft will most likley be spent on the defensive side. I have confidence that they will add players who can help out. Everyone talks about Bush and Colston, but Jahri Evans should have been in the pro-bowl last year and he was a fourth rounder. Roman Harper was a darn good pick and was leading our defense before getting hurt against Tampa. When he went out, our defense sort of regressed like Indy did with Bob Sanders. I look for Harper to be back and better than ever. If you think about the last three years, the Saints have had arguably a better first round of drafting than any other team in the NFL. They have selected Will Smith, Jamaal Brown and Reggie Bush. Two of those guys are pro-bowlers and Bush may very well be on his way. So, I am confident that we will be able to add players that can help us get even better as a football team.

I will be honest...it won't be easy...but there's no denying the talent on this football team. And when you consider that the Saints won a number of games by two touchdowns or more while playing in Payton's hybrid-West Coast offense for the first time, you have to feel good about where this team is headed.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball View Post
This is easy.. Saints vrs. Saints
The best team in the NFL by far, as a matter of fact, their so good they will play theirselves in the superbowl!

...Fing Homer Saints

How many out of all these people picking the Saints are even Saints fans?
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It seems like McNabb has been doing everything for the Eagles, theres a good chance he gets hurt again and even if he doesn't, he has to play like superman to carry that offense. The defense is pretty good but with a 1 trick offense it won't be enough.
Wow dude are you serious? Where were you last year? Brian Westbrook is a top 10 runningback in the NFL and even Andy Reid recently said that he aims for a 60% run 40% pass ratio this year. Everyone knows that's not gonna happen but with Marty Morninwig calling the plays it will be closer to 50/50. Don't be shocked if Westbrook gets 1500 yards this season.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmm

I'm surprised that so many ppl are picking the Eagles, but I guess they have been the most consistent team over the past 5-6 years in the NFC.

For the sake of being different I'm going to take the Cowboys in the NFC. They have enough offense and defense to make something happen in a weak NFC. AFC is a coin-toss between SD and NE, as they will both be highly motivated after last year.

SB - San Diego 27 - Cowboys 13

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
trademaster
Rookie

trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.

Cowboys vs New York Jets

Sig by Mockalicious

'''VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!''''

-Johnny Drama-
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dolphins over Cardinals
Old 04-07-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Patriots vs Bears

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

ALL HOMERISM ASIDE
You must be kidding me. Westbrook is like the 7th Best RB in the league at worst. IIf we pass less and make our offense more balanced I see 12 wins coming this year for sure. Plus with the signing of Curtis and Reggie Brown looking good, there's no reason why we shouldnt make the SB again. Just look at the majority of the posters. Many of them pick Philly.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Wow dude are you serious? Where were you last year? Brian Westbrook is a top 10 runningback in the NFL and even Andy Reid recently said that he aims for a 60% run 40% pass ratio this year. Everyone knows that's not gonna happen but with Marty Morninwig calling the plays it will be closer to 50/50. Don't be shocked if Westbrook gets 1500 yards this season.
And 1000 Recieving Yards:)

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Weezy

Superbowl Dreammatchup: Vikings vs. Ravens
Probable Matchup: Eagles vs. Patriots
Old 04-07-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Baltimore Vs. Dallas. They both have top 5 talent in the NFL, and a good mix of vets and youngsters. And good, aggresive (thank god Bill Parcells is gone), coaching staffs.

What is up with all the Bears picks? They lost the SB last year, they won't get there again, maybe not even make the playoffs. It is a man law.

Last edited by Achilles33 : 04-07-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears vs. the Universe... Ditka makes a comeback and dominates the world, leading the way to a 197 to 6 victory in Superbowl XLII

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's right, nobody pick the Jaguars (BF_51 pfff), we're gonna knock the world right off its feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

Cleveland Browns vs Detroit Lions

In which case, the Earth will collapse into itself.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver vs. New Orleans

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote