Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-13-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gahhh... I can get all my collectors to level 9 but I really don't want to. Its a 48 hour upgrade time.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're going to have to bite the bullet eventually. I'm almost all upgraded buildings wise except my walls.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 01-13-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the issue is I want to finish my defenses before I go on a two day binge with the collectors. That way I at least have the defense while these things are out of commission for a while.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Upgrade my Barracks to get Wizards or Research Lab?
Old 01-13-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Upgrade my Barracks to get Wizards or Research Lab?
Barracks for sure. Wizards mess **** up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2014, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is awesome for killing time - it is worth the effort
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
This game is awesome for killing time - it is worth the effort
Join the Clan... Unless you're frog and then you're already member.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Frog is a friend of mine that I got hooked.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2014, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just joined to check out you clan. prob wont stay though as in one with other friends
Old 01-14-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should have the 40K required to rebuild my clan castle shortly. I assume it's wise to do so, especially since I no longer have the shield given at the start of the game?

I have spent my gems on gold/elixer along the way. Hopefully that won't handicap me, but it seemed wise considering the cost of shields vs. the cost of (and more enjoyable game play resulting from) building & upgrading resource production, defenses, etc.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I should have the 40K required to rebuild my clan castle shortly. I assume it's wise to do so, especially since I no longer have the shield given at the start of the game?

I have spent my gems on gold/elixer along the way. Hopefully that won't handicap me, but it seemed wise considering the cost of shields vs. the cost of (and more enjoyable game play resulting from) building & upgrading resource production, defenses, etc.
If you do it and join our clan you can receive help in battles from us so do it! I don't ever spend gems except for in the beginning when I didn't realize what I was doing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-14-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer to play all in! Didn't really see a huge advantage to amassing gems. What is it?

Joined.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well you need 500 gems to build an extra builders hut so I was going to try and save for that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-14-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well you need 500 gems to build an extra builders hut so I was going to try and save for that.
I looked at that cost and just figured it would completely delay the building of assets b/c I would have no gold/elixer. As things get more costly it seems even more difficult to afford the work for a 3rd builder, anyway. IDK, we'll see if it bites me in the arse later.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
I looked at that cost and just figured it would completely delay the building of assets b/c I would have no gold/elixer. As things get more costly it seems even more difficult to afford the work for a 3rd builder, anyway. IDK, we'll see if it bites me in the arse later.
You will be easily able to keep a third builder busy, and most likely a fourth too. There are many challenges in game however that allow you to win gems. This means getting enough for a third is pretty easy even if you spent all the original ones. Saving for a fourth is possible too from in game challenges, but will take until about town hall 7 or so to do it.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
You will be easily able to keep a third builder busy, and most likely a fourth too. There are many challenges in game however that allow you to win gems. This means getting enough for a third is pretty easy even if you spent all the original ones. Saving for a fourth is possible too from in game challenges, but will take until about town hall 7 or so to do it.
Gotcha. Right now (level 3 TH and level 5+ resources) I don't have enough resources stored up to keep 2 busy, so it looks like my logic is holding up. So far . . .

Onward, to victory!

Old 01-14-2014, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Build time always increase as the game goes on. I have some current upgrades that take 12 days. More builders would be nice!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Build time always increase as the game goes on. I have some current upgrades that take 12 days. More builders would be nice!
Do I get to use donated troops to attack? Seems like an unfair advantage to take a level 3 TH and use somebody else's dragons in the attack. lol

I assume it's for defense only? But the troops don't defend (aside from the higher level hero types), right?

Old 01-14-2014, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The troops defend and attack. If you get attacked troops will come out of your clan castle that we've donated. If you attack you will see our clan shield and if you hit that you the troops we've donated will attack.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-14-2014, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Do I get to use donated troops to attack? Seems like an unfair advantage to take a level 3 TH and use somebody else's dragons in the attack. lol

I assume it's for defense only? But the troops don't defend (aside from the higher level hero types), right?
You cant upgrade your castle to fit a dragon or pekka (for instance) until higher th levels. This mitigates it too an extent.

But yes, having good donated troops can make a huge difference in either an attack or defense (or very little depending on how they are used).
Old 01-15-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

seems to have crashed on my phone. loading screen just sticks and never loads. could be work wifi issue (was working on that fine previously) but we'll see when I get home.

may have to uninstall/re-install later.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

wifi is busted . . . odd. logged on w/out local wifi and found I was attacked twice more. Once by "Honkeeee". lmao!

Old 01-17-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Soo close to TH level 6 I can feel it... Granted we are probably talking like 3 days from now.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I will be starting my TH5 upgrade as soon as I build up coinage. Everything is upgraded besides 1 barrack level and some walls.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I'm at the same point for the upgrade to 4. Just need to stuff my coffers full so I can upgrade TH and then immediately do other stuff. Resources, I assume, are (and always will be) the smart choice for first upgrade, right?