Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-17-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'm at the same point for the upgrade to 4. Just need to stuff my coffers full so I can upgrade TH and then immediately do other stuff. Resources, I assume, are (and always will be) the smart choice for first upgrade, right?
I think that is probably the smartest.

TH-> Resource Collectors -> Defense -> Resource Holders -> Army/Army Upgrades.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I will be starting my TH5 upgrade as soon as I build up coinage. Everything is upgraded besides 1 barrack level and some walls.
My list is a little longer:
- Cannons are finishing now
- Air Defense - 2 Levels
- 2x Elixir Storage - 1 Level
- 1x Barracks - 1 Level
- 1x Barracks - 2 Levels
- 2x Camps - 1 Level
- 5x Gold Mines - 1 Level
- 5x Elixir Collectors - 2 Levels
- ** Walls - 1 Level
- ** Walls - 2 Levels
Okay... maybe that is longer than I thought.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like another week and a half to me!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The walls are brutal. So many tiny sections . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The walls are brutal. So many tiny sections . . .
The worst part... Level 5 walls cost 30k A PIECE. With a level 5 TH that is 100 Wall sections.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
The worst part... Level 5 walls cost 30k A PIECE. With a level 5 TH that is 100 Wall sections.
Sheesh. It was bad enough (and the last thing to get done) for the level 3 sections @ 5k each.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:03 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm checking it out a bit. Didn't even really notice the wall upgrades. I can't even imagine things being that expensive down the line but those are always upgraded immediately, right?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
So I'm checking it out a bit. Didn't even really notice the wall upgrades. I can't even imagine things being that expensive down the line but those are always upgraded immediately, right?
Walls are immediate yes sir. If you can save up 40k and rebuild the clan castle so you can join.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the walls are insanely priced. I never build up to much coinage because I'm always putting into wall upgrades.

I keep getting bombared on attacks by waves of troops which sucks. They just send over 100 at me always lately it seems.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah the walls are insanely priced. I never build up to much coinage because I'm always putting into wall upgrades.

I keep getting bombared on attacks by waves of troops which sucks. They just send over 100 at me always lately it seems.
My only suggestion to avoid this is build a wall around your storage and defense only while setting your TH outside. This way people will see your TH attack it get a star and leave your storage alone.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
My only suggestion to avoid this is build a wall around your storage and defense only while setting your TH outside. This way people will see your TH attack it get a star and leave your storage alone.
Ok thanks. I'll try that and see how it goes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 10:24 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Yes, that's how I set mine up from the start and I've had very little resource loss. I even have one of each storage outside the walls b/c I use it so fast there's generally very little held in storage. That seems like it will only work at the low levels though, as I'm already building up storage levels now. Higher levels it will likely be smarter to leave the mines outside and keep the storage inside.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:54 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Zak, I was having a similar issue. Check out my new base layout.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Zak, I was having a similar issue. Check out my new base layout.
I like it but let me know how it works when you get attacked. I think I'm going to change a lot of stuff around in the 2 day interim period when I'm upgrading TH.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep getting a login error. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 01-17-2014, 12:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I keep getting a login error. Anyone else having this problem?
It runs each time since install without issue for me.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It worked fine, then I got a system update this morning and now it won't log in.

Edit- now it says "maintainance break" hopefully it's being fixed...

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 01-17-2014 at 01:21 PM.
XxXdragonXxX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Never had that problem either dragon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Worst case = uninstall then re-install.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I like it but let me know how it works when you get attacked. I think I'm going to change a lot of stuff around in the 2 day interim period when I'm upgrading TH.
I have about 5 hours remaining on my shield and my last Cannon should be done upgrading around then so I will post any defense replays I have in the game.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Works now. Just need to save up enough gold to rebuild the castle so I can join the clan.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Works now. Just need to save up enough gold to rebuild the castle so I can join the clan.
Awesome! It is really nice to get the clan growing. The more we get the potential for higher rewards and the ability to give better troops.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Zak just had my first defense with the new setup. I shared the replay.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:44 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

somebody tell me how ****** up mine is
Old 01-17-2014, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
somebody tell me how ****** up mine is
You don't have any defense, thus making being real "****** up".