Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-24-2014, 09:02 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn theres an nfldc clan?!?! I like my clan but I might have to leave...
Old 01-24-2014, 09:05 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
I just joined. User name is Earl. New to the clan thing so let me know what I got to do.
Sweet.

Upgrade gold & elixer mines first.

Save your gems for the 3rd builder.

The Clan Castle can be moved once you upgrade it and we can supply it with troops. At that point you can use the troops to raid and, more importantly, the troops in there will come out to defend your village against an enemy raid. Make sure you request troops whenever you're out and be sure to move the Castle into your village set up once you get it fixed.

Don't be afraid to raid! . . . but attack smart. Make sure they have a decent amount of loot available AND are a target you can take down. If it looks like they are leveled way higher than you just exit without even dropping an attacker. You won't lose any trophies or resources except the gold it costs to 'find a match'. A good win can fill your resources 20-30%, which is much faster than actually mining it all like a sucker.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
To the dark side, you will go.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah everyone that has posted in here is in there. Timbathia has flipped between his Clan and the NFLDC one once or twice. Most of us are probably around the TH 4-5 level so if you are looking for high level troops you might want to stick with where you are for now.

The clan name is Draftniks though if you do wish to join.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:10 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Yeah everyone that has posted in here is in there. Timbathia has flipped between his Clan and the NFLDC one once or twice. Most of us are probably around the TH 4-5 level so if you are looking for high level troops you might want to stick with where you are for now.

The clan name is Draftniks though if you do wish to join.
Im TH5, 1075 trophies. The elders in my clan are TH8+ and really generous with troop donations so its tough to leave...Regularly send level 5-6 troops.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:17 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im TH5, 1075 trophies. The elders in my clan are TH8+ and really generous with troop donations so its tough to leave...Regularly send level 5-6 troops.
I am right there with you... I can give level 2-3 on everything and after my upgrade to TH6 ill be able to go 3-4 on everything.

But I completely understand loosing 3-4 level 5 giants or 15-20 level 6 archers kinda sucks. On the bright side though... Its us.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

It's not a big deal but something I wanted to mention. When requesting troops try to give us an idea of what to send. Some have already taken to this but the reason for this is so we can avoid sending 5 wallbreakers when you want defensive units.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just say trooops and I usually mean anything but wallbreaks ill specify though next time.

How does air bomb placement work?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:04 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

yea thats something my clan does that is really helpful. usually request defensive troops right before I go to bed and am more specific when Im attacking depending on what I have and/or need. definitely helpful.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I just say trooops and I usually mean anything but wallbreaks ill specify though next time.

How does air bomb placement work?
It takes up a spot on the ground and is deployed when an aerial unit enters its range.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I had 300 gems and decided to kick 10$ for 1200 so I could get 2 more builders huts. So much better.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 01-26-2014 at 01:48 PM.
XxXdragonXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TH 5 to TH 6 takes 4 days of which I have 1 Day and 11 Hours remaining. I have been working on getting my Mines and Collectors to level 9 and then I will have pretty much nothing to do. I guess I could do the Spell Factory but honestly everything I read said in the early stages Spells are time consuming and not entirely worth it maybe Timba can comment?

On the Mines and Collector front it appears level 11 is the final upgrade which you don't unlock until TH 7. So despite my efforts to max each building before getting to TH 6 it doesn't matter as I essentially have a free TH level to get everything to 10 before going to TH 7
The cost of spells tend to outweigh the reward at lower levels. They became very useful to have on hand though when you come across villages with huge storages or on later goblin maps.

depending on level of spell or defense some things to keep in mind are,

two lightning spells will take out one mortar. Good if using ground troops.
three lightning takes out one air def. Great if using dragons or balloons.
heal spells good with groups of giants, or pekkas :)
Rage good with anything really.
the other spells are a long way off :)

Also, when at th7 and you have a de storage, lightning spells are a good way to steal de from high levels players that you could not normally attack with sucess
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's this new hero ability stuff?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2014, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
What's this new hero ability stuff?
I believe that is for the Barb King and Archer Queen.

EDIT:
Quote:
  • Both Heroes have acquired special abilities that can be activated once per battle.
  • Iron Fist: The Barbarian King and nearby Barbarians become enraged for a short time.
  • Royal Cloak: The Archer Queen hides from and becomes invisible to all enemy defenses for a short time.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 01-29-2014 at 11:43 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds good. It looks like the TH building is different now with this update. No more Santa Strike :(.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I just got hit with a Santa Strike not 10 minutes ago...
Old 01-29-2014, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Weird. It's been totally removed from my village.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

It's still in my village.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Gone from mine, too.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
It's still in my village.
Maybe disappears after being triggered? Mine was triggered and was not available for reset.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah that must be it. Grandfathered in until it's triggered then bye bye.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2014, 01:03 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I wish I added it earlier.... that was a lot of wasted Elixir I could have gotten.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

It's probably seasonal. I'm holding out hope we'll see a Leprechaun attack of some kind.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Healing Spells + Giants = kinda awesome.

Biggest issue with the healing spell is its a singular location so unlike healers they don't follow your big guys around.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I joined. I hope you guys dont hate me.