Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-05-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odd? Yes.

Racist? No.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It definitely gives a poor depiction. Not racist, just heavily insensitive. Not sure how it got through the company all the way to a Bulletin Board...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:58 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
It definitely gives a poor depiction. Not racist, just heavily insensitive. Not sure how it got through the company all the way to a Bulletin Board...
You mean a billboard?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:58 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp

Some people are making a big deal out of it. I want to know your opinion.
Personally, I don't see it as that racist... but I guess I could see it being bad if it was the other way around, and they had a black guy beating up a white guy saying "Black is coming."

Meh.
i dont know yes or no but i know thats not legal because the kids like 15 yrs old
Old 07-05-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked
Quote:
You mean a billboard?
I meant from the billboard to our Board? I've got nothing.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You mean a billboard?
I meant from the billboard to our Board? I've got nothing.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

why does it have to be white? why cant it be yellow?

if this is considered racist couldnt the h3 commercial be also, where the little guy suggest why not make it smaller? (thats what she said) maybe not racist but at least discrimminating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit

if this is considered racist couldnt the h3 commercial be also, where the little guy suggest why not make it smaller? (thats what she said) maybe not racist but at least discrimminating.
But midgets aren't really as prominent a minority as blacks, thus why it comes out now. Society more cares about color than height...

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit

But midgets aren't really as prominent a minority as blacks, thus why it comes out now. Society more cares about color than height...

Exactly.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rac·ism

NOUN:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
rac·ism

NOUN:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

That's the "dictionary" definition. But scientifically, being racist means you hold down a race (ie: hating/killing blacks is not racist, but being an NBA owner and not have any black players on your team or any blacks in your front office, you are not giving them jobs, thus you are racist). I took a whole class about it, sounds weird, but it makes sense.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
rac·ism

NOUN:

That's the "dictionary" definition. But scientifically, being racist means you hold down a race (ie: hating/killing blacks is not racist, but being an NBA owner and not have any black players on your team or any blacks in your front office, you are not giving them jobs, thus you are racist). I took a whole class about it, sounds weird, but it makes sense.
I disagree with your teacher. (based off what you've said). Hating another person because of their particular race, is racism.
I'd be interested to hear your teacher explain what he/she means.
Not quite sure where science plays a role in all this either. It's just the definition of a word.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think its a lil kinky

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink

Quote:
What the hell were they thinking though. Obviously there would be some people thinking it was racist. They should've just made a completely different billboard.

you have by far the best avatar on this site.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:01 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think its racist, but I can see why people would think so.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:43 AM    (permalink
scorchin

It's not racist, it just gives blacks something else to cry about though. They always try and change things around. It gets real old.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:19 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yes
Old 07-06-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink

lol that black guy is so black that i didn't even notice him in the picture the first time i looked at it
Old 07-06-2006, 06:22 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

hell no. But i'm white so i'm not allowed to talk about this unless i'm bttching about it being racist. :roll:
Old 07-06-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Is this racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp

Some people are making a big deal out of it. I want to know your opinion.
Personally, I don't see it as that racist... but I guess I could see it being bad if it was the other way around, and they had a black guy beating up a white guy saying "Black is coming."

Meh.
i dont know yes or no but i know thats not legal because the kids like 15 yrs old
why do you have to be over 15 to be on a billboard.
ps why do you have your picture as your sig and avitar... its weird
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink

If that is racist, then the commercial for the BET awards was racist. The only person not black was an annoying white guy that kept on asking damon wayans to do Homie the Clown. And on top of that, he gets stabbed in the end.

And since I brought up BET, why can't there be a WET? Think of the possibilities....they could make a show called Dreams and then you could refer to it as WET's Dreams
Old 07-06-2006, 10:09 PM    (permalink

If you think thats racist, I think you're dumb.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. It is not racist, and those who do are the actual racists.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:41 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At first I said no because I didn't see the black guy in it. Now I seen him and Yes this is racist.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:10 AM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
At first I said no because I didn't see the black guy in it. Now I seen him and Yes this is racist.
How :?