Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 01-20-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Is this like an auction or is our first bid on the guy final so we need to make it our best?
he said he won't accept edited posts if you re-up your offer, so I assume it's like an auction where you then make a separate post with an updated offer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a rule for how much cap room we need to have for draft picks and such?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Do you have to be under the cap to sign draft picks? I know you don't in the NBA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:36 AM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Yes, read the first thread. Since you pick in the top 5, you need to keep 7.5 for draft picks.
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
he said he won't accept edited posts if you re-up your offer, so I assume it's like an auction where you then make a separate post with an updated offer
Yup, this is correct. I'm not going to go back and re-read every post to determine the highest bid, but if you see someone make a higher bid than you, you can make another post. Please list your team name in each post!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1105 View Post
Yes, read the first thread. Since you pick in the top 5, you need to keep 7.5 for draft picks.
So Dallas, who is 16 million over the cap, has no real shot of signing their draft picks?

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
So Dallas, who is 16 million over the cap, has no real shot of signing their draft picks?
Dallas can make some June 1st cuts which will save them a significant amount of money, but in their case there is really no way for them to get under the salary cap without releasing most of their roster. They're not going to sign any free agents outside of the minimum contracts offered in the third wave, though.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does it work that teams are offering more than their cap allows?

Just the players that aren't won have to go to the next level of FA?

For example, the Texans currently have 54.5m in contract offers out, but only 28.5m in cap space?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Dallas can make some June 1st cuts which will save them a significant amount of money, but in their case there is really no way for them to get under the salary cap without releasing most of their roster. They're not going to sign any free agents outside of the minimum contracts offered in the third wave, though.
Can I, as the Seahawks, get my cap number to 0.00 and still sign draft picks? I thought the league allotted an amount you can spend on picks which is separate from the cap?

Quote:

Old 01-20-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

For example, the Texans currently have 54.5m in contract offers out, but only 28.5m in cap space?
I'm wondering the same thing. I think it would make more sense to limit teams to only making offers which would fit under their cap, aside from teams specifying that they want either X player or X player. For example, Rodgers-Cromartie for $45 million or Verner for $40 million if someone outbids them, with the best-case scenario totaling less than the cap space the team has. What do you think?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

I assuming all of those offers wouldn't go through if they somehow won all of them.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm wondering the same thing. I think it would make more sense to limit teams to only making offers which would fit under their cap, aside from teams specifying that they want either X player or X player. For example, Rodgers-Cromartie for $45 million or Verner for $40 million if someone outbids them, with the best-case scenario totaling less than the cap space the team has. What do you think?
Thats how I was going to do it. What if your the only offer for those guys? Then your way over the cap or its gonna put more stress on you to figure it all out.
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, if teams want to order by preference just specify that with numbers or letters.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Can I, as the Seahawks, get my cap number to 0.00 and still sign draft picks? I thought the league allotted an amount you can spend on picks which is separate from the cap?
The rookie pool isn't separate from the cap, it just tells teams how much of their cap can be spent on their rookies in an effort to limit the total value of the contracts. Rookie contracts are still part of the salary cap, though.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I just figured I wouldn't be awarded all of them obviously. If I'm limited to only a few offers, don't get 2 or 3 of them, then I'm sitting there with one signing and a bunch of not used leftover money. Ya know?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I can come in late at just before noon tomorrow and steal everyones free agents? Or if I can't be around before noon tomorrow I lose all my targets?

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-20-2014, 12:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking, If things get outbid then they can do whichever but if it comes down to where they win players that put them over the cap, you'll be having to figure out who gets what and then totally recalculate bids for htat player
Old 01-20-2014, 12:31 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

How does pf have Jairus Byrd already?

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-20-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
How does pf have Jairus Byrd already?
a trade....

Old 01-20-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I assuming all of those offers wouldn't go through if they somehow won all of them.
yeah but then what would the impact the rest of the whole thing and mess with everyone elses signings
Old 01-20-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Ah okay. I was guessing that but it wasn't in the news or trade thread.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-20-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Well I just figured I wouldn't be awarded all of them obviously. If I'm limited to only a few offers, don't get 2 or 3 of them, then I'm sitting there with one signing and a bunch of not used leftover money. Ya know?
I'm not opposed to the idea, but I would appreciate your preferences being a little bit clearer, otherwise if you win the bids for various guys it will be difficult to determine who ends up going where.

Quote:
So I can come in late at just before noon tomorrow and steal everyones free agents? Or if I can't be around before noon tomorrow I lose all my targets?
I think the problem with the blind max bidding we did last time is that various people didn't know that some players were not receiving bids, and the end result was that major free agents ended up being signed for $1-2 million late in the process. What do you think would improve this method? One option I was considering would be to announce some signings once I feel that a player has received an excellent offer which is unlikely to be topped. I'd be willing to take some suggestions, though.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I think once a player is bid on, the window for bidding on him should be open for at least twelve hours. Hope that makes sense.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll sort them by priority. and I'll put an OR for doubling up positions if I don't want two of the same position. I'll make it clearer.

Also, Whitney Mercilus is on the block. I'll take a 2nd rounder.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think once a player is bid on, the window for bidding on him should be open for at least twelve hours. Hope that makes sense.
I like this idea. It means you know the people that are wanted and you have this long to negotiate. Players who dont have offers dont have a clock yet.