Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-01-2014, 09:38 AM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Lee to KC but do not think KC can trade their 3rd rounder since they do not have a 2nd rounder.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Baltimore's picks wouldn't be bad if you think they're sticking to Castillo's blocking scheme. In my opinion they're going with Kubiak's all the way and they will end up needing a left guard and a center with Osemele moving back to right tackle. With that in mind I'd think the "easy" replacements for them in you mock would be Zach Martin in the first round and Weston Richburg in the third round. Jordan Matthews in the second round is gold any day of the week. I wouldn't be upset with him at 16 or 17.
Are you so sure they'll resign Monroe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFAlex View Post
If Browns are smart they will take the Best player on the board and take Clowney or Watkins (prob clowney)

also don't understand why they don't draft a Rb even in the later rounds I guess your banking on the Ben Tate rumors? also TE and 2 ILBS idk about that, I mean depth is important an all but id rather take a runningback and a Corner
Browns haven't drafted a franchise QB in 29yrs. It's bad but they have to keep trying and the odds are not in their favor waiting late to get one. You missed the RB. Devonta Freeman in the 4th.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts need OL help, but Castonzo and Cherilus are locks at each OT position. I am very pleased with them going forward. The problem on OL is Thorton, McGlynn, and Satele. Between those three we need 2 starters. One OG and a OC.

OT is set. We need a center more than anything. OG would also be a good position to select.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall, pretty good draft for the Jets.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Rudolph made the pro bowl? Honestly, I had no idea. I think he's got 1 yr left on his contract. I'm not sure how likely it is he resigns. Ebron's a far superior talent, though.
Tight end is probably our second least "in need" position.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ROUND 1
21. Green Bay Packers – C.J. Mosley |ILB| Alabama:
Mosley is simply a beast of a prospect and could probably fit at any LB position in any defense. Injury history and a good not great junior year, will affect his stock however. Only issue in Detroit would be two guys on the roster with the exact name.
NFL Comp: Lawrence Timmons

31. Denver Broncos – Chris Borland |ILB| Wisconsin:
Thought I was being different here putting Borland in the first to the Broncos but I’ve seen quite a few other mocks with the same thinking. Borland’s an inside LB but he’s also been used as a 3rd down pass rusher extensively by the Badgers and has some versatility.
NFL Comp: Zach Thomas

21. Green Bay Packers – Daniel McCullers |NT| Texas:
Similar to Mt Cody but better. Looks like a huge immoveable fixture until he flashes impressive athletic ability every now and again.
NFL Comp: Ted Washington

21. Green Bay Packers - *Troy Niklas |TE| Notre Dame:
NFL Comp: Kyle RudolphROUND 4

2. Washington Redskins - *Stephen Tuitt |DE| Notre Dame:
Tuitt is a prime candidate for a draft tumble, imo.
NFL Comp: Kenyon Coleman

21. Green Bay Packers – Antoine Exum |DB| Virginia Tech:
Sleeper due to all the injuries. Likely winds up at FS.
NFL Comp: Sanders Cummings

21. Green Bay Packers – Justin Britt |OT| Missouri:
NFL Comp.

23. Kansas City Chiefs – Kenny Ladler |FS| Vanderbilt:
NFL Comp.
I would love to see that draft for the Packers.
I agree with you on Borland being legit and going higher than most predict, and think you're right about Tuitt being one of those guys who falls.

I love Borland, think he will be a mini-Kuechly right away.
I know Wisconsin is not Bama, but if forced to buy NFL stock in CJ Mosely at $40/share or Borland at $20/share, I am putting my money on Borland.

Give me Ladler in that 5th round pick. We need safety help big time.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I had Calvin Pryor in there, then changed it to Ford. I think back to back first round safeties is pretty rare. I also thought Bush looked decent filling in, and either he or Jenkins might be resigned as the starter. Butler, meanwhile, hasn't really proven anything yet.

Let's see what Bucannon runs at the combine. Read a scouting report that claimed he's a terrible tackler. And he didn't look that great at senior week practices.
I don't know what scouting report you read, but:

http://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-cougar...ugars-football

http://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-cougar...shington-state

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/r...nior-Bowl.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sbnation/eagles/SBNation_20140129_2014_NFL_Draft_Profile__Washingt on_State_safety_Deone_Bucannon.html

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...0-d1f08ba5424a

Was the #1 career tackles leader this year, Top 10 in INT's.... I don't know much about him I dont like.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:13 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you so sure they'll resign Monroe?
Absolutely. Monroe probably won't command a huge deal and the Ravens know they can't afford to let a good left tackle walk when the offensive line is already in a bad spot with two big needs (center and left guard or right tackle). Oher isn't worth bringing back even though he'll be cheaper than Monroe. Baltimore will actually have a bit more cap room to work with this offseason and there are some easy/expected cuts or extensions that will give them even more flexibility.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I would love to see that draft for the Packers.
I agree with you on Borland being legit and going higher than most predict, and think you're right about Tuitt being one of those guys who falls.

I love Borland, think he will be a mini-Kuechly right away.
I know Wisconsin is not Bama, but if forced to buy NFL stock in CJ Mosely at $40/share or Borland at $20/share, I am putting my money on Borland.

Give me Ladler in that 5th round pick. We need safety help big time.
Yes. I like Borland so much I had to give him to the Browns in an update. Exum is a guy that's more likely a S than a CB as a pro.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:25 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland really needs to take a RB much earlier than their second 4th rounder. You can blame the interior of the OL, and the Guards last year weren't very good, but the RB talent is atrocious.

Last edited by twiz : 02-02-2014 at 02:28 PM.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of Ebron in the first (every other Vikings fan has already explained why) I like it. I would take Mosley, Ha-Ha, or Gilbert/Dennard in the 1st.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I had Calvin Pryor in there, then changed it to Ford. I think back to back first round safeties is pretty rare. I also thought Bush looked decent filling in, and either he or Jenkins might be resigned as the starter. Butler, meanwhile, hasn't really proven anything yet.

Let's see what Bucannon runs at the combine. Read a scouting report that claimed he's a terrible tackler. And he didn't look that great at senior week practices.
Terrible draft for Saints. And a second rounder to move up three picks? That would be foolish! Saints primary needs are at WR and CB.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ROUND 1

9. Buffalo Bills – *Sam Watkins |WR| Clemson:
NFL Comp: Randall Cobb

9. Buffalo Bills – Joel Bitonio |OT/OG| Nevada:
NFL Comp: Jonas Jennings

20. Arizona Cardinals – *Kony Ealy |DE/OLB| Missouri:
4. Atlanta Falcons – *Xavier Su’a-Filo |OG| UCLA:

9. Buffalo Bills – *DeMarcus Lawrence |DE| Boise St:

11. St. Louis Rams - Telvin Smith |OLB| Florida St:
21. Green Bay Packers - *Troy Niklas |TE| Notre Dame:
3. Atlanta Falcons – *Cyril Richardson |OG| Baylor:

9. Buffalo Bills – Arthur Lynch |TE| Georgia:
14. Jacksonville Jaguars (BAL) - E.J. Gaines |CB| Missouri:
15. New York Jets – Keith McGil |CB| Utah:
25. San Diego Chargers - Seantrel Henderson |OT| Florida St:
31. Denver Broncos – Max Bullough |ILB| Michigan St.:

9. Buffalo Bills – Xavius Boyd |OLB| W. Kentucky:
12. New York Giants – Andre Williams |RB| Boston College
Solid Bills mock. As usual, a couple pennies to consider.

No issue with the Watkins pick, a true #1 type I can see. The Comp though... Cobb? Really?? Hmm.... Looks more like a pissed off Tory Holt to me. Shlama-lama-ding-dong...

In the second, Pitonio could work, I could see him playing RT or LG, both of which make sense. I like Filo more as a pure LG prospect and have him still rated higher than Pitonio.
Personally I dont see how they pass on Ealy there, I have him as a to 20 player, but in the second round I his value is too much IMO to pass on regardless of my opinion of him. With Schwartz coming in to coach the D, and a agressive 43 scheme likely to come with him, Ealy would be a perfect fit at RE, which is now a big need for them IMO. Marrone referenced BPA approach in a recent interview, and I got the sense he was talking about the early part of the draft.

In the third, I have not looked at Lawrence yet, so I wont comment on him in particular, but I do think they take Ealy in the 2nd (in this mock), and Smith, Niklas and Richardson fit what they need. I dont see them spending more than one of their first 3 picks on D (just a feeling), so between Richardson and and Niklas, I would go with Richardson based on value and that they run inbetween the tackles alot.

I like Lynch, but I dont think they will take one early at this point, If at all. Marrone spoke highly of Chandler, I think they will bring him back, he seems to want to stay, they brought in Moeki, and Cragg seems to be catching on. Gaines and McGil's value could be too much to pass on in the 4th, Henderson makes alot of sense to me at RT at that spot, Bullough makes a ton of sense to me at that spot. They have mentioned Alonso being better suited at OLB, and Max would allow for that, and fit the 43 I think they will run well.

Not sure about Boyd yet (Lawrence Ditto). Should they take Max in the 4th, IMO A. Williams makes alot of sense at that spot. Spiller and Jackson both have expiring contracts after 2014. Marrone I think wants a work horse, Spiller just seems too frail at this point to be the grinder I think they want and Freddie will be 34(?) next year. Williams could be the future, and 3rd back on the roster in the mean time.

As it is, it makes sense. My opinion: Watkins, Ealy, Richardson, Bullough and A. Williams would make more sense ;) IMO.

Nice work with 5 rounder, impressive in of its self!!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some observations: Joe Vellano didn't play nose tackle, he played under tackle. Sealver Siliga was the nose (Chris Jones playing there as well.) I don't think Aaron Donald is the type of bulky, two-gap guy Bill Belichick likes in a defensive tackle. I'd tend toward Louis Nix even though the Patriots already have some run stuffers on roster.

Trey Millard is a good fit, but the second round is too early for a fullback with a torn ACL. Someone like Gabe Jackson may work there, as Marcus Cannon played better at tackle than at guard and his contract expires at the end of next season.

I think the fact that the Patriots have found guys like Edelman to fill that role for cheap should prevent them from using a third-round pick in a receiver like Gallon. It's more likely to me that they sign someone like Emmanuel Sanders in free agency to replace Edelman. I'm not a big fan of Stephon Tuitt, but I could imagine his size intriguing New England there.

The Patriots almost never draft small-school guys, so I don't think Dozier makes sense in the fourth. Maybe someone like Bishop Sankey, as Blount may leave in free agency and Ridley/Vereen both expire at the end of next season.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Love Jernigan and huge position of need.

Interesting pick I would have probably leaned Ealy and let DeMarcus tutor him but I can understand taking Attaochu as well.

I chastise people for giving us an early QB but I absolutely love Garoppolo. It would force us to carry 3 QBs this year but cut Orton after the season and have a QB of the future training in the wings.

HUGE upside and would actually give Dallas a legitimate FS. Excellent pick.

Eh not a fan of this. We are overloaded with guys who can play the slot but if Dez/TWill get injured we lack any other talented outside receivers assuming Austin is cut. Quarles would be an excellent value and would further reload the defensive line in need of some youth.

Overall good draft for Dallas. A+ for effort in doing a 5 rounder. Good stuff.
Thanks Trog. Went with Josh Huff instead of Jones.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I gotta be honest, I HATE that trade up for KC, absolutely hate it. We have too many holes to fill to give up a 3rd when we don't have a 2nd this year. I'd stay at 23 and take Pryor or the best available CB, personally. Trading up for a WR would piss me off.
Too many holes? You won 11 games. And it's not just any WR, it's Marqise Lee!

Idk...Chiefs need something to get over on the Broncos.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbuck View Post
Incredible effort. Very impressive mock.

I like most of the Bengals picks, especially the 3rd and 4th rounders.

My one disagreement is that the Bengals have kind of below the radar developed great depth at LB. There is a need for a pass rushing tweener type to replace James Harrison, but that's about it. I highly doubt they would take 2 in the first 5 rounds and I don't see an ILB type guy in the 2nd round.
Thanks. Perhaps Reilly is a bit much. Especially coming off a post season injury. Actually, I didn't realize the Bengals had Bruce Taylor. I loved this guy as a late round sleeper last year. But I was never much a fan of Sean Porter. And a lot of their LBs are slated for UFA after next season. Still, going with Deone Bucannon there instead.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
The Colts need OL help, but Castonzo and Cherilus are locks at each OT position. I am very pleased with them going forward. The problem on OL is Thorton, McGlynn, and Satele. Between those three we need 2 starters. One OG and a OC.

OT is set. We need a center more than anything. OG would also be a good position to select.
I think Mewhort might be good enough to kick Costonzo inside. Or he might play OG. I think he started inside for the Buckeyes.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 02-03-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I don't know what scouting report you read, but:
This one.

Quote:
Going to the NFL, Bucannon immediately offers a benefit in coverage. He has shown not only that he has range but can make plays on the football and cause turnovers. His ability in run support is largely a work in progress as his attitude is right in attacking the run, but his tackling technique needs to be torn down and rebuilt. If he can improve upon that, Bucannon can become a complete safety and an impact player in the NFL, but might take a little while to get there, but should contribute as depth and on special teams. As a result, Bucannon projects as an early day three pick that could end up going on the back end of day two because of workouts and physical potential.

Bucannon is listed at 6’1” 215lbs and while the listed weight looks good, he does not really play to it. Bucannon has good speed, quickness and body control. He accelerates well and is able to react quickly. His strength is underutilized at best. Bucannon offers a good amount of physical ability but needs to do a better job of playing to it, especially when it comes to his overall strength, which is where his physical potential really lies.

Tackling

Bucannon is a terrible tackler in terms of form and technique. He is almost always lunging or diving at the opponent. Bucannon throws shoulder bombs and does not consistent wrap up, which is a shame because he is physically capable. He just has a ton of bad habits that lead to inconsistent results.

Bucannon almost never keeps his feet under him and the few times he does, he is tackling far too high. He puts his head down too much and does not see what he is tackling, dives and misses too often. The best thing Bucannon does is push opponents out of bounds when he has the opportunity. As a result, he is unreliable on the back end as the last line of defense in that capacity.

Run Support

This is an area where Bucannon struggles and it incredibly unfortunate. The Cougars are willing to send Bucannon and have him attack downhill quite a bit in an effort to stop the run. He has the speed and quickness to get to the hole and fill, but his bad tackling makes the results unpredictable and largely bad.

This makes it seem as though Bucannon’s tackling problems are a matter of bad habits that need to be unlearned and replaced with good ones. He is not afraid to get downhill and into the play, but then it becomes a disaster far too often. Bucannon is like a missile in that respect but needs to track down the ball carrier, break down and make a play from there with better technique. If he can fix those issues, he can be an effective support player.

Bucannon also needs to do a better job taking on and shedding blocks, but he does not run away or around them. He will go and be physical, but the results just need to improve.

As a run defender, the will is there but the technique is brutal. If he works on it and is coached to do it, it could be something that takes time, but could be an area where eventually can make a huge transformation, having him go from a black hole to a contributor.

Coverage

The first aspect of Bucannon’s game that stands out is his range. He has the speed and quickness to cover a large amount of ground and get to a lot of plays. Bucannon is an extremely fluid athlete who can flip his hips, see where plays are going and has the burst to get there quickly. He also breaks on passes effectively which enables him to make plays on the football.

Bucannon is at his best working over the top, where he can operate as a center fielder keeping his eyes on the quarterback. He moves well, reads where the play is going and slides with it, putting him in position to make plays.

He also has experience in man coverage, working in the slot and could conceivably help as a depth corner. His technique and ability to mirror routes are pretty good physically, but he needs more reps and experience. Bucannon has played both off man and tight up on his man. There is ability and potential there and gives teams options in terms of versatility.

Bucannon has shown natural ball skills and does not waste many opportunities. When he can get to the football, he is definitely a threat to catch it. He has shown the ability to break forward on the football and undercut routes, getting the interception and being a threat to take the pass all the way to the end zone.

Bucannon has also demonstrated he can run with his back turned to the quarterback, track the football and compete for it with the receiver with a chance to not only defend it, but intercept it. He has shown to be a threat to be a ball hawk on the back end of a defense going in just about any direction.

The best fit for Bucannon is as a free safety, but his first action for a team could be as an extra defensive back in nickel or dime. His physical ability is impressive and he could potentially help in coverage. He should also be able to contribute on special teams right out of the gate.

System Fit

Bucannon can be an asset in coverage as a safety and in that respect, he appears ready to contribute immediately. The question is how much teams will hold his inability to tackle against him and if that keeps him off of the field initially. If he can get better as a tackler, he can not only be a starter but an impressive overall player.

In many respects, Bucannon is similar to Malcolm Jenkins of the New Orleans Saints. Jenkins was a corner coming out of Ohio State that was moved to safety while Bucannon is a safety already, but both can make plays on the football in coverage and both are miserable tacklers that can be a double-edged sword for their respective defense. Bucannon might not quite be the developed talent that Jenkins was, but he has the potential to surpass where Jenkins has gone in his NFL career.

Draft Projection

Deone Bucannon has a knack for being able to make plays in the passing game. He has demonstrated he can cover a lot of ground and breaks on the football well. Bucannon needs to improve his ability to tackle so he can effectively protect the back end of the defense and contribute as a run defender. If he can do that, he has a significant amount of potential. In the meantime, he should be able to be quality depth that can contribute in sub packages as well as on special teams, but should he figure out how to tackle, Bucannon could end up an impact safety. As a result, Bucannon is an intriguing early third day pick that could use workouts to get himself into the back end of day two.
But based on some of your links, I did put him back in the 3rd day to the Bengals.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:27 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This one.

But based on some of your links, I did put him back in the 3rd day to the Bengals.
Thanks for that, but here is another report I forgot to put in as well.

"The Fairfield, Calif. native enters the Gildan New Mexico Bowl as the NCAA’s active leader in career solo tackles, tied for second in career interceptions and fifth in career tackles. His 14 career interceptions are tied for third-most in school history while his 379 career tackles are fourth-most win WSU history. Bucannon’s 109 stops are the most by a Cougar since James Darling recorded 136 in 1996 and follows a 106 tackle campaign in 2012, giving him the first back-to-back 100-tackle seasons since Billy Newman in 1999-2000. - Washington State football."

This was before his bowl game, where he had 7 tackles and another INT. I understand about his tackling, which is why I have been saying he is a bigger version of Bob Sanders. I think he will suprise you and be a early 2nd round pick, at the least.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Cursed_Since_1957
Rookie

Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad mock for the Lions.

Dennard fits our press man scheme to a T. Cooks is a speedy compliment that can take it to the house. Not a fan of taking two Receivers in back to back rounds but Adams is a good value in the 3rd round. Safety depth is a need so I like Reynolds. I would prefer a developmental Center in the 5th round over a DE, we have developmental prospects there already.
Cursed_Since_1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where to begin for the Jets....

1) Is ASJ really going to be a top 25 pick? I like that we get the position addressed and that we trade down and get a pick to do so don't get me wrong....just isn't that kind of a reach?

2) I can live with an OT taken though I think we don't let go of Howard. Now whether he's franchised or signed long term I don't know.

3) Would prefer to get a WR sooner but Robinson is fine there.

4) Noooooo to a rookie QB taken in round 3. We need a veteran like McCown to provide competition, not some shot in the dark from Wyoming. Waste there. Would have no problem with J. Landry instead since we didn't invest a high pick in a WR.

5) Like the safety choice there with the final round 3 pick of the Jets.

I am fine with the other picks from rd 4-rd 5 though. Not a bad Jets draft honestly....just would prefer to erase the QB pick with another WR unless we get a WR high.

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 02-05-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
Cleveland really needs to take a RB much earlier than their second 4th rounder. You can blame the interior of the OL, and the Guards last year weren't very good, but the RB talent is atrocious.
Disagree. Especially with Shanahan's offense coming in. And I actually like Edwin Baker as a starter. I remember him at Michigan St. Great burst but small and had fumbling problems. He came out too early. I like Freeman even more with the new system.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
Terrible draft for Saints. And a second rounder to move up three picks? That would be foolish! Saints primary needs are at WR and CB.
And you got CB Kyle Fuller and WR Shaq Evans plus an elite pass rush prospect!

But your right, that trade's not quite right. It should 've been a 3rd rounder.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.