Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-22-2014, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Why is Anthony Barr Falling?

I hear the rumblings in our Mock Draft section and other places of him falling or not being worth a high pick. McShay has him at 28th overall and Kiper mocked him at #25 recently. What's going on here? Even heard it on the radio that teams are knocking him down. Pure BS time and the media pundits and fans are being fooled?

His private workouts are with teams all in the upper half of round 1.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't know that he's falling. None of us do.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Thread ends here.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More' scouts see Barr as a mid or late 1st
Apr 21 - 10:32 AM

ESPN.com's Jeff Richardson reports that UCLA edge rusher Anthony Barr had a private workout with the Bears back in March.

"Most draft analysts consider Barr a better fit in a 3-4 defense where he can stand up and rush the passer, but the Bears have been known to make unorthodox selections the last two years. Few people predicted 2012 first-round choice Shea McClellin would be taken by a team that used a 4-3 defense, but the Bears snatched the hybrid McClellin up with the No. 19 overall pick," Richardson wrote. Perhaps the Bears are looking for another versatile chess piece to add to their defense. Mel Tucker should be able to take advantage of Barr's freakish athleticism, as a pass rusher in special sub-packages.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm hearing it. That I do know. Whether he is or not is another thing, but the rumblings are out there. Where do you think his value is at?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Thread ends here.
Oh Dan.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably just means that they're doing their homework. Maybe they wanted to see whether he was good enough to trade up for. Maybe they wanted to see whether he was good enough to trade down for. Maybe every team has him as a 7th rounder. One workout with the team at 14 means even less than the Pats working out the top QBs.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm hearing it. That I do know. Whether he is or not is another thing, but the rumblings are out there. Where do you think his value is at?
lol rumblings. C'mon. You've been around here forever. You know that all 32 teams are lying to multiple reporters and that every reporter/draftnik is a "me too" asshole who piles on when the lies become headlines. You've seen it every year, same as I have.

Personally, I see his value as a mid-first. That's because I do think he'd be a special blitzing 4-3 SLB and just a decent 3-4 one.

Last edited by Monomach : 04-22-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be shocked if he falls any further than Jarvis Jones last year.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he shouldn't be falling, this kid was a year younger than me when he played Pop Warner. The dude can literally to it all. he played RB/CB in Pop Warner, even moved to LB when other players got injured. I think people are pingeonholing that he's only a 3-4 edge rush LB because he played that at UCLA. When infact he moved from FB to LB because of need. This guy can do it all. Any postion you want to put him in, 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB, 4-3 OLB. I wouldn't have a problem with him anywhere. Maybe some would because of his weight but let him get a year or two to adjust and this guy will have an impact on any defense he plays in, in the next couple of year. Should be a top 15 pick. and that's not just because I seen this kid play my whole life.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:25 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be very disappointed if he's on the board when the Titans pick and they opt to select a corner instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
lol rumblings. C'mon. You've been around here forever. You know that all 32 teams are lying to multiple reporters and that every reporter/draftnik is a "me too" asshole who piles on when the lies become headlines. You've seen it every year, same as I have.

Personally, I see his value as a mid-first. That's because I do think he'd be a special blitzing 4-3 SLB and just a decent 3-4 one.
Lol why are you getting so personal? I'm asking people to critique the parts of his game that are causing him to fall or seeing if they think the whole thing is just undeserved. I want to hear from the people saying they think he's a late first rounder.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think in a nutshell, in terms of the reports about him falling, after he was so productive in his first year on the defensive side of the ball draftniks saw this athlete already really effective at a new position and figured he was oozing with upside. So the expectation there was there would be rapid improvement, and when he was pretty flat year to year production wise/on tape and still had some of the same issues (lack of strength, counter moves, hand usage) people cooled on him.

That said, I tend to agree with Monomach. I don't think we know he's slipping. He seems like a mid-round 1 guy in this draft and I think guys like McShay are overcorrecting a little bit. And we all know that this is prime BS season. Plus you noted that his workouts are with top half of round one teams which tells you something. I know I'd have no problem with him landing with my Jets if he slips to 18.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:34 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he is mid 1st rounder but he was talked about as a top 3 guy for a while. He didn't grade out as well as Mack I think and people would rather have Mack now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think you can fall very much this late in the draft process, they are just trying to keep their customers interested with an extra month in play. I don't give it a whole lot of worth.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
he shouldn't be falling, this kid was a year younger than me when he played Pop Warner. The dude can literally to it all. he played RB/CB in Pop Warner, even moved to LB when other players got injured. I think people are pingeonholing that he's only a 3-4 edge rush LB because he played that at UCLA. When infact he moved from FB to LB because of need. This guy can do it all. Any postion you want to put him in, 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB, 4-3 OLB. I wouldn't have a problem with him anywhere. Maybe some would because of his weight but let him get a year or two to adjust and this guy will have an impact on any defense he plays in, in the next couple of year. Should be a top 15 pick. and that's not just because I seen this kid play my whole life.
The heck with the thread. Any referance to Pop Warner football has to be worth something. By the way i was a star in Pop Warner. Too bad i had to grow up.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:03 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The heck with the thread. Any referance to Pop Warner football has to be worth something. By the way i was a star in Pop Warner. Too bad i had to grow up.
Who was the kid who started a thread about himself here as a Pop Warner player? All I remember was that he was a Defensive End and his dad kept stats. He's got to be close to college age now.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure I accept the premise but stranger things have happened on Draft Day.

Barr will be in the Top 10 of my final overall rankings, I can guarantee that.

Perhaps an early front-runner to be my first rounder pick in my next "Dream Draft"?

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 04-22-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:30 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I hear the rumblings in our Mock Draft section and other places of him falling or not being worth a high pick. McShay has him at 28th overall and Kiper mocked him at #25 recently. What's going on here? Even heard it on the radio that teams are knocking him down. Pure BS time and the media pundits and fans are being fooled?

His private workouts are with teams all in the upper half of round 1.
Is he falling or do ESPN "analysts" really know jack **** for 99.9% of the year?

I mean think about it, if at some point over the course of a year you throw out every possible situation you'll eventually be right once and ignore the 1000+ times you were wrong and proclaim yourself an "expert".
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor technique, doesn't use his hands, freelancer, raw and still learning how to play defense (not really a negative long-term but still impacts stock).

He's Aaron Maybin-y as a prospect but Maybin busted because he didn't put the work in.

But you can't teach that athleticism. You can teach him how to use his hands better.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's stronger than Maybin
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's going to fall a lot. I think most people thought he'd be a top 15 pick, and I think he'll be a top 20 for sure. Unlike Jarvis Jones, who had a weird health issue with his spinal stenosis, Barr doesn't have a health issue.

I just think people have been focusing on all the offensive players this years, the WRs, QBs, OTs, etc., and basically only Clowney and Mack on defense, so Barr just isn't getting press coverage. This obviously translates to a guy falling, but teams have him firmly (and likely highly) in their draftboards, just like they did for all last year.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
He's stronger than Maybin
It's not even close, really. Barr's not as strong as you'd like but Maybin was a beanpole and couldn't keep weight on.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barr reminds me a lot of Barkevious Mingo, who went #6 last season and had a pretty decent rookie year. I'd be shocked if Horton wasn't asking for Barr
Old 04-22-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Barr reminds me a lot of Barkevious Mingo, who went #6 last season and had a pretty decent rookie year. I'd be shocked if Horton wasn't asking for Barr
You did hire his college DC.

Mingo is a reasonable comparison, though Barr was more productive in his final season.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote