Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-05-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 4 Round Mock for Health Purpose.

****Rams traded 2nd Overall Selection to Vikings for 1.8 and 3.72.
****Bills traded 9th Overall Selection to Cowboys for 1.16 and 3.78.
****Bears traded 14th Overall Selection to Eagles for 1.22 and 3.86.
****Chiefs traded 23th Overall Selection to Jaguars for 2.39, roughly 4.101 and roughly 4.110.

1. Houston - QB Blake Bortles, UCF.
---- Other than the connection between two O's, Bortles offers winning attitude, toughness and intelligence to be a franchise quarterback.

2. Vikings (Rams via Redskins) - QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville.
---- Size doesn't matter for Norv Turner. Vikings have enough skill players on the roster and quarterback is only thing Vikings lack for consistency and harmony. Bridgewater offers a plenty of passing skills to put up 3500 yards and 35 TDs.

3. Jacksonville - OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA.
---- GM Caldwell said he could draft 2 quarterbacks but I don't think he would pull the Redskins on quarterback. Jaguars opted for best available top 5 prospect to continue building the team. Barr is a natural rushing demon with coverage skill in progress. He will be perfect LEO role for Bradley's defense.

4. Cleveland - WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson.
--- Browns love Manziel and I just insult them by having Browns picked best WR that fits WCO the younger Shanahan runs. Hoyer is able to control a game so having 2 solid WRs would be more efficient.

5. Oakland - QB Derek Carr, Fresno State.
---- Carr edges over Manziel due to work ethic and maturity. The quarterback circus has been unstoppable so those key attributes should help Raiders move on. Carr offers quick release for short pass offense and a cannon for an arm to spread out deeply.

6. Atlanta - DE Kony Ealy, Missouri.
---- Ealy over Clowney because Falcons typically gathers prospects with either graduated degree, good character and maturity. Ealy is only a class away from the graduation and there is no poor mention on his character. Ealy should be a classic LDE so Massaquoi could settle down at his ideal spot, RDE.

7. Tampa Bay - WR Mike Evans, Texas A@M.
---- Evans over Mack as best top 5 available prospect because I am not sure about Mack being able to play DE full time at next level. Evans is more sure-fire benefical to Buccaneers because they want to make sure Glennon is their qb of the future. Glennon will have Jackson and Evans on outside with Wright on inside for Tedford's pass offense right away.

8. Rams from Vikings - DE/OLB Khalil Mack, Buffalo.
---- Fisher always goes after playmaking prospects in 1st round. Mack is best available this point so Mack's ability to blitz and rush makes an appetizer for Fisher's friend Gregg Williams who loves to run aggressive defense.

9. Cowboys from Bills - DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina.
---- All Jones cares is to have a hot result on the field. Clowney can make it happen. Cowboys are dealing with cap issue right now so I can see Jones let Ware walk so Ware can play OLB for another team instead of continuing playing hand down DE for Cowboys that saw his sack number cut in half from a previous season.

10. Detroit - CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State.
---- Lions have not found right CB for umm eternity. Time to bite a bullet and take a top CB that high. A local prospect also is a factor here.

11. Tennessee - OT Jake Matthews, Texas A@M.
---- Best tackle tandem in NFL is about to be ended. Stewart is a cap casualty right now and Roos will hit FA after 2014, I believe. Whisenhurst loves to have strong pass offense so taking best pass protector is an essentially key.

12. New York Giants - MLB C.J. Mosley, Alabama.
---- With or without Beason, LB corp still is in a dire need of instant improvement. Could take T Robinson instead but Beatty has a heavy contract and Pugh played RT well at the point.

13. St. Louis - FS Hasean Clinton-Dix, Alabama.
---- Since Otogwe left Rams, FS has been problematic. HaHa should resolve this problem for Fisher.

14. Eagles from Bears - FS Calvin Pryor, Louisville.
---- Eagles haven't yet found a consistency in FS since Brian Dawkins. Pryor could be the one. Traded to get ahead of next 4 teams who may seek for FS solution as Pryor may be likely last 1st round FS prospect available after HaHa.

15. Pittsburgh - OT Greg Robinson, Auburn.
---- Steelers take BPA. Robinson could be an upgrade at RT or take over LT with Beacham moving to RT. Big Ben likes to hold football longer so premier pass protection becomes primary, I guess.

16. Bills from Cowboys - OL Zack Martin, Notre Dame.
---- Martin could start at either LG or RT for Bills. I could not think of any WR that is good enough to be top 20 prior to NFL combine.

17. Baltimore - OLB Dee Ford, Auburn.
---- Granted, OLB is not a need at all but after Suggs and Dumervil, Ravens have no pass rushing threat. Also, Suggs will hit FA after 2014 but is a cap casualty right now. Ford plays much more than his size indicates. Suggs won't be missed.

18. New York Jets - G David Yankey, Stanford.
---- For this mock, Yankey may be likely only a blue chip prospect that fixes one of weak positions for Jets for this 1st round selection. Yankey will take over LG as Winters should be in competition for RG and RT (if Howard signs elsewhere).

19. Miami - DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh.
---- Donald had performed incredibly well during the Senior Bowl week and game. Dolphins are in a demanding need of DT.

20. Arizona - OT Morgan Moses, Virginia.
---- Cardinals are on the way to fix OT for sure. Moses offers so much athleticism for his size and football custom at LT. You are not going to beat Moses once you are locked in. Guaranteed.

21. Green Bay - TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina.
---- Packers' tendency for draft never dies. I consider this pick as the most steal. Ebron can be tried as WR at next level if a team wants him on outside only. Need to bulk up some more weight to absorb a hard hit from LB or S.

22. Bears from Eagles - CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State.
---- Defense has many holes so let's start with Gilbert replacing Tillman. Gilbert has work ethic issue but Bears already have WR Marshall and Jeffery so it should keep Gilbert sharper and readier for games.

23. Jaguars from Chiefs - QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A@M.
---- Jaguars made a surprise move to get a franchise quarterback in Manziel before him falling onto Browns. Manziel only offers what he has on the table for a game and Jaguars need to get good result now. Manziel's popularity could extend to London. Oh Boy!

24. Cincinnati - OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan.
---- LT becomes an immediate need when Whitworth moved to LG for permanent. Easy Call, don't you think?

25. San Diego - CB Jason Verrett, TCU.
---- Small CB but is a knack for gluing on WR.

26. Cleveland - from Indianapolis - QB Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois.
---- Browns fell asleep on Manziel's availability. Browns go with the last "legit" NFL quarterback in Garoppolo. QB position should be stable for next 3 years.

27. New Orleans - OLB Kyle Van Noy, BYU.
---- Saints defense has done well under Rob Ryan but there are several talents that are missing. Van Noy offers top notch instincts among with sack artist material to be a perfect OLB across from Galette.

28. Carolina - WR Odell Beckham Jr. LSU.
---- WR is projected to be thinnest position this off season prior to free agency. Beckham quietly moves up the draft board as of now. He has accustomed to powerful fire from Zach Mettenberger so he should have no problem with Cam Newton's arm strength. Why not!

29. New England - TE Jace Amaro, Texas Tech.
--- Since Patriots pay a lot of money to aging future HOF quarterback in Tom Brady, Amaro could help give Brady some hope for Super Bowl opportunity. Brady has strugged mightily as a result of Gronk and favourable WRs dealing with serious injuries. OL is also a problem but it can be addressed later as Amaro is BPA.

30. San Francisco - C Weston Richburg, Colorado State.
---- Once again 49ers have a ton of picks so I have no idea WTF Harbaugh wants to groom. Right now as I see, G and ILB are problematic for 2014 due to serious injuries in NFC championship game. C Goodwin may be retiring. Snyder can play either LG or C but it is for a short term only so taking Richburg to settle down on C. Snyder will keep LG warm until Iupati is ready to play again.

31. Denver - LB Christian Jones, Florida State.
---- With solid Senior Bowl performance in front of scouts, Jones may be a MLB Broncos have sought for. Jones offers good instincts and athleticism/speed to be in charge of defense for John Fox.

32. Seattle - WR Allen Robinson, Penn State.
---- I don't expect Seahawks will win another Super Bowl with this kind of offense. Since Harvin plays versatile role a true WR is an immediate need for a 5'11'' quarterback. Robinson is a dangerous player when he has a football in his hands.

Round 2
Selection Team
1. Houston - OT Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama.
2. Washington - CB Marcus Roberson, Florida.
3. Cleveland - RB Tre Mason, Auburn.
4. Oakland - LB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State.
5. Atlanta - DT RaShede Hageman, Minnesota.
6. Tampa Bay - G Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA.
7. Chiefs from Jaguars - WR Marqise Lee, USC.
8. Minnesota - CB Bradley Roby, Ohio State.
9. Buffalo - WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt.
10. Tennessee - RB Ka'Deem Carey, Arizona.
11. New York Giants - C Travis Swanson, Arkansas.
12. St. Louis - OT Jack Mewhort, Ohio State.
13. Detroit - WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State.
14. Pittsburgh - S Ed Reynolds, Stanford.
15. Dallas - DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida State.
16. Baltimore - WR Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State.
17. New York Jets - S Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois.
18. Miami - OT Joel Bitonio, Nevada.
19. Chicago - S Deone Bucannon, Washington State.
20. Arizona - OLB Scott Crichton, Oregon State.
21. Green Bay - DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame.
22. Philadelphia - CB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech.
23. San Francisco from Kansas City - CB E.J. Gaines, Missouri.
24. Cincinnati - CB Louchiez Purifoy, Florida.
25. San Diego - OL Antonio Richardson, Tennessee.
26. Indianapolis - OLB Trevor Reilly, Utah.
27. New Orleans - WR Jarvis Landry, LSU.
28. Carolina - DB Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State.
29. New England - G Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State.
30. San Francisco - WR Davante Adams, Fresno State.
31. Denver - WR Paul Richardson, Colorado.
32. Seattle - DE Marcus Smith, Louisville.

Round 3
Selection Team
1. Houston - OLB Trent Murphy, Stanford.
2. Washington - CB Victor Hampton, South Carolina.
3. Oakland - DE Chris Smith, Arkansas.
4. Atlanta - G Dakota Dozier, Furman.
5. New York Jets - from Tampa Bay - WR Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin.
6. Jacksonville - RB James White, Wisconsin.
7. Cleveland - ILB Yawin Smallwood, Connecticut.
8. Rams from Vikings - G Cyril Richardson, Baylor.
9. Buffalo - TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington.
10. New York Giants - DE Michael Sam, Missouri.
11. St. Louis - CB Pierre Desir, Lindenwood.
12. Detroit - DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas.
13. San Francisco - from Tennessee - S Ahmad Dixon, Baylor.
14. Bills from Cowboys - LB Telvin Smith, Florida State.
15. Baltimore - DE DaQuan Jones, Penn State.
16. New York Jets - WR Josh Huff, Oregon.
17. Miami - DT Louis Nix, Notre Dame.
18. Chicago - S Terrence Brooks, Florida State.
19. Cleveland - from Pittsburgh - ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford.
20. Arizona - QB Zach Mettenberger, LSU.
21. Green Bay - OLB Jeremiah Attaochu, Georiga Tech.
22. Bears from Eagles - DT Anthony Johnson, LSU.
23. San Francisco from Kansas City - OLB Demarcus Lawrence, Boise State.
24. Cincinnati - DT Will Sutton, Arizona State.
25. San Diego - LB Carl Bradford, Arizona State.
26. Indianapolis - CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Nebraska.
27. New Orleans - OT James Hurst, North Carolina.
28. Carolina - CB Keith McGill, Utah.
29. New England - WR Robert Herron, Wyoming.
30. San Francisco - DE Caraun Reid, Princeton.
31. Denver - RB Carlos Hyde, Ohio State.
32. Seattle - WR Martavis Bryant, Clemson.

Round 4
Selection Team
1. Houston - RB Marion Grice, Arizona State.
2. Washington - DE Ed Stinson, Alabama.
3. Atlanta - OT Michael Schofield, Michigan.
4. Tampa Bay - DE Kareem Martin, North Carolina.
5. Chiefs from Jaguars - S Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt.
6. Cleveland - S Dion Bailey, USC.
7. Oakland - C Bryan Stork, Florida State.
8. Minnesota - DE Cassius Marsh, UCLA.
9. Buffalo - DT Dominique Easley, Florida.
10. St. Louis - WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers.
11. Detroit - WR Bruce Ellington, South Carolina.
12. Tennessee -OLB Devon Kennard, USC.
13. New York Giants - OT JaWuan James, Tennessee.
14. Chiefs from Jaguars - CB Terrance Mitchell, Oregon.
15. New York Jets - ILB Christian Kirksey, Iowa.
16. Miami - OL Brandon Thomas, Clemson.
17. Chicago - LB Chris Borland, Wisconsin.
18. Pittsburgh - CB Jaylen Watkins, Florida.
19. Dallas - OLB Jordan Tripp, Montana.
20. Arizona - OT Seantrel Henderson, Miami.
21. Green Bay - CB Rashaad Reynolds, Oregon State.
22. Philadelphia - WR Kevin Norwood, Alabama.
23. Kansas City - OL Billy Turner, North Dakota State.
24. Cincinnati - DE Will Clarke, West Virginia.
25. San Diego - WR Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss.
26. Cleveland - from Indianapolis - CB Deion Belue, Alabama.
27. New Orleans - ILB Glenn Carson, Penn State.
28. Carolina - OT Justin Britt, Missouri.
29. New England - DT Ego Ferguson, LSU.
30. San Francisco - DB Antone Exum, Virgina Tech.
31. Denver - CB Chris Davis, Auburn.
32 Seattle - G Chris Watt, Notre Dame.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
****Rams traded 2nd Overall Selection to Vikings for 1.8 and 3.72.
I'm sorry man. I saw this and I just can't get past it.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:02 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I'm sorry man. I saw this and I just can't get past it.
Should've moved the trades to bottom of the mock. All trades are excluded the future picks.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
rdnymullen6
Rookie

rdnymullen6 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairrdnymullen6 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairrdnymullen6 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairrdnymullen6 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairrdnymullen6 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairrdnymullen6 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairrdnymullen6 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairrdnymullen6 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairrdnymullen6 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairrdnymullen6 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairrdnymullen6 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

For the Giants: I understand why C.J Mosley could make sense. But if your draft scenario does take place, I would hope like you said we would take OT Greg Robinson instead..
-Pugh is sound as a RT, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the inside at either guard position.
That said, I do like the OT Ja'waun James in the 4th, But we need a new TE by round 4 , I hope.
rdnymullen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
11. Tennessee - OT Jake Matthews, Texas A@M.
---- Best tackle tandem in NFL is about to be ended. Stewart is a cap casualty right now and Roos will hit FA after 2014, I believe. Whisenhurst loves to have strong pass offense so taking best pass protector is an essentially key.
10. Tennessee - RB Ka'Deem Carey, Arizona.
12. Tennessee -OLB Devon Kennard, USC.
Sign me up for the 1st round. I could live with the 2nd rounder, although I think it could be better utlized.

Same with the 4th rounder as I'm not a big fan of his
Old 02-05-2014, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it for Atlanta and I could see it happening.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no issue with the saints picks. of course i will like some different guys than you when you get to a third and fourth round but all picks make sense except perhaps carson with exum still on the board. ilb isnt really a need for the saints

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think Bridgewater is going to come in and shatter the rookie touchdowns record, but have him going after Bortles?

Edit: I don't mind the Seahawks picking a big receiver, but I have yet to be impressed with Robinson. No thanks on that one.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 02-05-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
AvengerRam
Rookie

AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Rams trade is absurd. On the Trade Value Chart, the Rams would be giving 2,600 points and getting back 1,630. No way in the world that would happen.

The selection of Mack is also ill advised. The Rams play two LBs for all 3 downs, and already have strong starters in place (Laurinaitis, Ogletree).
AvengerRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get Teddy, I don't really give a **** what happens after.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:55 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YotoJets,

I gotta agree with my Rams brother here. Mebbe you were typing out this mock in the wee hours of the morning or something but there is no way in Hades that the Rams make that trade with Minnesota.

Even if the Vikes were to kick in their second rounder this year (pick #40) they still come up about 470 points short. Definitely need some picks from '15 to make this happen.

And not to pile on or anything (OK.....ArkyRamsFan LOVES to pile on......) but you have the Rams passing on Clowney not once but twice!?!? I really don't see that happening either.

On a more positive note the players you have picked for the Rams are reasonable and do a decent job of filling some holes and increasing the talent level for my team. So there is that to consider.

Now if you could just do something about that trade........
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:57 PM    (permalink
bucsti25
Rookie

bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this a joke? Bucs passing on Clowney for Evans? uhhhh...no
Old 02-05-2014, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bills mock.

I would beat my head into a wall...
If by the.0001% chance Clowney falls to Buffalo, they pass, then take a sub value trade that sends him to the Cowboys of all teams, there would be blood spilled at One Bills Drive. It would be a massacre.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
YotoJets,

I gotta agree with my Rams brother here. Mebbe you were typing out this mock in the wee hours of the morning or something but there is no way in Hades that the Rams make that trade with Minnesota.

Even if the Vikes were to kick in their second rounder this year (pick #40) they still come up about 470 points short. Definitely need some picks from '15 to make this happen.

And not to pile on or anything (OK.....ArkyRamsFan LOVES to pile on......) but you have the Rams passing on Clowney not once but twice!?!? I really don't see that happening either.

On a more positive note the players you have picked for the Rams are reasonable and do a decent job of filling some holes and increasing the talent level for my team. So there is that to consider.

Now if you could just do something about that trade........
http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm

I used it for value comparison. However, I omitted several picks to make it sense because I did not do 7 round mock. Just use your imagination for any extra juice outside the 4 round mock.

I boldly predict Clowney to fall out that far. Also, Rams have solid starting DE in Long and Quinn. Both are good for at least 2 years. Too high to rotate with them.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:29 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
You think Bridgewater is going to come in and shatter the rookie touchdowns record, but have him going after Bortles?

Edit: I don't mind the Seahawks picking a big receiver, but I have yet to be impressed with Robinson. No thanks on that one.
I don't mean for a rookie season only. (Bridgewater)

Pretty sure that you hated the James Carpenter pick. lol.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm

I used it for value comparison.
According to that, the Browns could trade up from #26 to #2 by giving up a second (35) and a fourth (102). Mind you, with a note that as the team getting the #2 pick, you should NOT make this trade. Because the value for #26, #35 and #102 is apparently higher than #2 overall.

I don't think it's a reliable source for value comparison.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
That Rams trade is absurd. On the Trade Value Chart, the Rams would be giving 2,600 points and getting back 1,630. No way in the world that would happen.

The selection of Mack is also ill advised. The Rams play two LBs for all 3 downs, and already have strong starters in place (Laurinaitis, Ogletree).

This TVC is freaking ancient. With hard slotted salary, the trade value becomes tighter now. Not a fan of fully stocked talent in LB corp? Interesting.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
According to that, the Browns could trade up from #26 to #2 by giving up a second (35) and a fourth (102). Mind you, with a note that as the team getting the #2 pick, you should NOT make this trade. Because the value for #26, #35 and #102 is apparently higher than #2 overall.

I don't think it's a reliable source for value comparison.

There is no reliable source for any actual trade, anyway. I played the soft trade value. I won't do the Redskins method in my mock. Whether you liked or not.

Ah.. Did you actually turn tv off when Jets traded away junk players and high 20th overall selection for Browns' 5th overall selection?

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 02-05-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
This TVC is freaking ancient. With hard slotted salary, the trade value becomes tighter now.

No it doesn't.

1. Experience has taught us it doesn't (see Griffin III, Robert)
2. Andrew Luck got in total less than half as much as Sam Bradford's guaranteed money. If anything, it increases the trade value because the amount of money you have to pay rookies is significantly less, even when considering for most of the first round, it's entirely guaranteed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nteed-to-sign/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...colts-contract
Old 02-05-2014, 07:52 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No it doesn't.

1. Experience has taught us it doesn't (see Griffin III, Robert)
2. Andrew Luck got in total less than half as much as Sam Bradford's guaranteed money. If anything, it increases the trade value because the amount of money you have to pay rookies is significantly less, even when considering for most of the first round, it's entirely guaranteed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nteed-to-sign/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...colts-contract
Rams would draft Griffin so the price was higher. For 2014, Fisher won't take OT and may not take Clowney so the trade value will be softer.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Edit: Jumping from 8 to 2 requires a pot of gold? I don't think so.

There is no reliable source for any actual trade, anyway. I played the soft trade value. I won't do the Redskins method in my mock. Whether you liked or not.

Ah.. Did you actually turn tv off when Jets traded away junk players and high 20th overall selection for Browns' 5th overall selection?

Jumping from six to two did. If there is a franchise quarterback available, why wouldn't jumping from eight to two require it?

The Redskins method? Do you think they're the only team in NFL history who gave up the farm to trade up for a quarterback? Are you forgetting how much the Giants gave up for Eli Manning? Or the Chargers gave up for Ryan Leaf? It cost them a second, a future first and a two time pro bowl WR to move up one spot. From three. To two. Ryan Leaf got 32 million with 11 million guaranteed. In an era when the NFL cap was less than half it is now.

The Jets traded the 17th pick, a second rounder and two starters. For not the second overall pick, the fifth.

Edit:

Quote:
Rams would draft Griffin so the price was higher. For 2014, Fisher won't take OT and may not take Clowney so the trade value will be softer.
If the Rams cut Sam Bradford in 2012, it would have been an 18 million dollar cap hit. If they cut him now, it's a 10 million dollar cap savings. If they could convince the NFL they'd draft RG3 under the first circumstance, why couldn't they do the same with Bridgewater in the second?

Last edited by Crickett : 02-05-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jumping from six to two did. If there is a franchise quarterback available, why wouldn't jumping from eight to two require it?

The Redskins method? Do you think they're the only team in NFL history who gave up the farm to trade up for a quarterback? Are you forgetting how much the Giants gave up for Eli Manning? Or the Chargers gave up for Ryan Leaf? It cost them a second, a future first and a two time pro bowl WR to move up one spot. From three. To two. Ryan Leaf got 32 million with 11 million guaranteed. In an era when the NFL cap was less than half it is now.

The Jets traded the 17th pick, a second rounder and two starters. For not the second overall pick, the fifth.

Giants and Jets trades happened before the hard salary kicked in. Redskins are only the team did that in this era. I don't see how could any teams will do this kind of trade again.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Giants and Jets trades happened before the hard salary kicked in. Redskins are only the team did that in this era. I don't see how could any teams will do this kind of trade again.

Because again, the "hard salary" is still less than half what the "guaranteed money" was before it kicked in. I did provide links previously.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:03 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Yup, Rams would cut or trade Bradford. Cut the ties with Bradford for new quarterback as Fisher took over Rams.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Yup, Rams would cut or trade Bradford. Cut the ties with Bradford for new quarterback as Fisher took over Rams.

Sam Bradford

Base Salary: 6,000,000
Prorated Bonus $3,595,000
Roster Bonus: $6,000,000
Cap Number: $15,595,000
Dead Money: $34,380,000
Cap Savings: ($18,785,000)

At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm just being trolled, so I'm just going to stop.