Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-10-2014, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock Draft #1

1. Houston Texans -- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
Reasoning: He's deceptively athletic, great pocket presence, and pin point accuracy. Reminds me of Andrew Luck in those regards.

2. St. Louis Rams -- Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
Reasoning: He is powerful in the running game and showed some potential to be an elite blind side blocker. Reminds me of Levi Brown.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- JaDeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
Reasoning: Jaguars have had a major hole at DE for a long time. Clowney fills that. Reminds me of Julius Peppers with his size/speed combo and occasionally taking plays off.

4. Cleveland Browns -- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
Reasoning: Sells seats and can be the QB of the future. Match made in heaven. Reminds me of Russell Wilson to a slight degree.

5. Oakland Raiders -- Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
Reasoning: Can be their QB of the future. Need help at WR, but a deep WR class and Bortles can be the guy to bring them out of obscurity. Reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger with his ability to create out of the pocket with his arm.

6. Atlanta Falcons -- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Reasoning: The Falcons are offense-first. Matthews protects their franchise QB. Reminds me of Joe Thomas in his ability to anchor in pass protection.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Khalil Mack, OLB/DE, Buffalo
Reasoning: Lovie Smith knows defense and Mack brings versatility. Can drop into coverage and rush the passer. Reminds me of Von Miller in how he can physically dominate a game from any linebacker position.

8. Minnesota Vikings -- Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
Reasoning: Big time need for a pass rusher with Jared Allen leaving. Reminds me a bit of Ezekial Ansah with his versatility ot line up at multiple positions and possesses great athleticism.

9. Buffalo Bills -- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
Reasoning: Great short-intermediate route WR that will help turn EJ Manuel's short passes into big gains. Reminds me of Percy Harvin in that he is a YAC beast and is very versatile.

10. TRADE Pittsburgh Steelers - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
Reasoning: Pittsburgh hasn't had a strong OL in a long time. Lewan has it all to be a franchise OLT. He reminds me of Jake Long in his mean streak and ability to pass block and dominate in the run blocking.

11. Tennessee Titans -- Anthony Barr, OLB/DE, Cal
Reasoning: Transitioning to a 3-4 defense, the Titans desperately need a pass rushing OLB. Barr is that. Reminds me of Trent Cole in the way that he runs right pass the OL and hustles on every play.

12. New York Giants -- Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
Reasoning: Raw, but terrific athleticism give him great upside. Worth the gamble, could be the best OT in this draft. Reminds me a bit of Jason Peters with his superb athleticism.

13. St. Louis Rams -- Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
Reasoning: He has the physical make-up of an elite #1 WR. Rams need to give some help to Bradford. Reminds me of Brandon Marshall with his superb body control and ability to use his size to high point the ball.

14. Chicago Bears -- Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St.
Reasoning: Tillman is probably gone. Dennard gives them a physical CB that has great ball skills. Actually reminds me a lot of Charles Tillman in that aspect.

15. Detroit Lions -- Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Reasoning: Great complimentary WR to Calvin Johnson. Stafford has a ton of talent, now it's time to give someone outside of CJ. Reminds me of Jeremy Maclin with his speed and deep ball skills.

16. TRADE Green Bay Packers -- HaSean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
Reasoning: Leapfrog the Cowboys who could use safety help bad. The Packers' secondary hasn't had a stable Safety in a while now. Reminds me Antrel Rolle in the sense that he can cover very well and also lay the lumber.

17. Dallas Cowboys -- Tim Jernigan, DT, Florida State
Reasoning: Talented as hell, just needs consistency. Reminds me of Nick Fairley in that he can be the most talented DT in the world ... at times. Not consistent enough.

18. New York Jets -- Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville
Reasoning: Jets really value secondary play and they have invested at CB. Time to help out at Safety. Reminds me of Louis Delmas in that he's better in run support and intermediate/short pass coverage then a traditional deep center field safety.

19. Miami Dolphins -- Zach Martin, OT, Notre Dame
Reasoning: Just good. Not great at anything, but is good at everything, you can depend on him. Reminds me of long time Lion Jeff Backus in that you will hate him at times, but after 15 solid years in the league, respect what he has done.

20. Arizona Cardinals -- Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
Reasoning: Arians really values the TE position. The Cardinals have no one there to really open it up for their big WRs. Reminds me of Rob Gronkowski in how strong his hands are and how strong he plays the position after the catch.

21. Baltimore Ravens -- CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama
Reasoning: Great fit in a 3-4 defense and they need that leadership aspect back now that Lewis is gone. Reminds me of Derrick Johnson in that he has great speed and overall a good feel for the game. Can sometimes get lost in traffic and overpursue, but he has athleticism and intangibles you like.

22. Philadelphia Eagles -- Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
Reasoning: Good in coverage, great on special teams and just makes plays. Soft in run defense, but does the other things really well. Reminds me of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in that he has great speed/size combo at CB and just flat out makes plays.

23. Kansas City Chiefs -- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
Reasoning: They want to open it up a bit more for Alex Smith. Ebron makes more sense then reaching on a WR as Smith flourishes on the shorter throws, any way. Reminds me of Kellen Winslow in the sense he can dominate as a receiving threat, but you don't draft him to block.

24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT, Notre Dame
Reasoning: Tuitt played banged up last season and for that his stock has dropped a bit. But, he's an ultra-talented player and this fits BPA as Cincinnati doesn't have a ton of holes. Reminds me of Glenn Dorsey in his overall talent and ability to penetrate.

25. TRADE Carolina Panthers -- Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
Reasoning: Need a big bodied WR to help out Newton. Newton has only an aging Steve Smith and a decent TE to throw to. Needs more help. Reminds me of Alshon Jeffery with less consistent hands.

26. Cleveland Browns -- Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
Reasoning: Browns had a lot of issues with the OL and have some pretty good pieces in place to win. Gives Manziel more help, too. Reminds me of Mike Iupati in that he can flat out dominate the guy in front of him.

27. New Orleans Saints -- Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
Reasoning: The Saints have long needed some CB help. They finally address it. Reminds me of Dunta Robinson without the top end elite speed.

28. San Diego Chargers -- Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
Reasoning: The Chargers have upgraded OL a bit, but they could still use some more help there. Richardson could be a franchise Tackle. Reminds me of Eugene Monroe.

29. New England Patriots -- Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
Reasoning: Wilfork is old and coming off a bad injury. This gives them a NT moving forward who could be elite in that role. Reminds me of Vince Wilfork, actually.

30. San Francisco 49ers -- Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Reasoning: Who the hell knows what the 49ers will do, but I know they really like versatility and the DL could use some youth. Hageman has elite athleticism and can provide a lot of upside. Reminds me of Marcus Stroud.

31. Denver Broncos -- Dee Ford, OLB/DE, Auburn
Reasoning: The Broncos' pass rush was pathetic when Miller went out. This will help mask some of their secondary deficiencies. Reminds me of Terrell Suggs.

32. Seattle Seahawks -- Jace Amaro, TE, Texas A&M
Reasoning: With no major holes, TE seems to be one of the few. Will help open things up for Lynch and co. Reminds me of Tony Gonzalez.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:31 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jace Amaro would be damn fun.

Ultimately I don't see it because they want their TEs to block well.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we go DT, Jernigan is good but I'd rather have Aaron Donald.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sammy Watkins is a big yes! Good pick :)
Old 02-10-2014, 09:37 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just dont trust 1st round CBs, but it is a need.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I just dont trust 1st round CBs, but it is a need.
Looks like your organization don't trust LBs either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:15 PM    (permalink
bucsti25
Rookie

bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That pick is really a toss up with Sammy Watkins to me. Watkins is ranked just slightly higher on my board. Mack is fine if not
Old 02-10-2014, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing for Detroit.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be shocked if SF did not pick a WR or DB. That is a horrible board for SF though, pretty much down to Beckham, Allen Robinson, or dare I say it, Bradley Roby.....god help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:47 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsti25 View Post
That pick is really a toss up with Sammy Watkins to me. Watkins is ranked just slightly higher on my board. Mack is fine if not
Yeah, but Lovie has never really been an offense first drafter. I think he goes defense and you do have Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson. I think Mack is Von Miller-good, which says a lot.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRogers92 View Post
Yeah, but Lovie has never really been an offense first drafter. I think he goes defense and you do have Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson. I think Mack is Von Miller-good, which says a lot.
Mike Williams may not last much longer, so finding his replacement very well could be a top priority.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:35 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa Bay will not draft a SLB. Especially one that is a hybrid rush LB/DE. For two reasons. Firstly, that position is a two down position in Lovie's defense, and he prefers to get the rush from the 4 linemen. Secondly, Mack is not gonna play exclusively at DE in this defense with his hand in the dirt. It doesn't fit his strength. He can't play at MLB, and he's not taking over anything from Lavonte David.

Make another choice for the Bucs.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like a safety for the Jets in the 1st 3 rounds but if Ebron is still there, he's gotta be the guy for us.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:52 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like all these Barr to TN mocks. His old DC is now our LB coach, he should have all the insight on Barr possible.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:02 AM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Mike Williams may not last much longer, so finding his replacement very well could be a top priority.
If it is, I would bet they'd be more willing to go after one in FA than draft one. Lovie has just never been big on drafting offense really high. Hakeem Nicks, Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Julian Edelman, there's a decent corp of WRs in FA.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Tampa Bay will not draft a SLB. Especially one that is a hybrid rush LB/DE. For two reasons. Firstly, that position is a two down position in Lovie's defense, and he prefers to get the rush from the 4 linemen. Secondly, Mack is not gonna play exclusively at DE in this defense with his hand in the dirt. It doesn't fit his strength. He can't play at MLB, and he's not taking over anything from Lavonte David.

Make another choice for the Bucs.
Got to love the insights into the future, thanks sage.

With that said -- Mack can play all 3-downs and can play DE in passing situations. He would be on the field all 3-downs regardless of what defensive scheme he plays in. He's that good. Von Miller started in a 4-3 defense despite not having a 'true' position himself.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Nix to NE. A lot.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the Browns draft. Hyde would be nice in the second round and hopefully a WR will be added in free agency.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the worst trade ups ever if the steelers move from 15 to 10 to get lewan. They are fine on the oline unless robinson or matthews falls. Munchak was brought in to help adams and gilbert and beachem played well last season.

Barr, Evans, Lee, or Clinton Dix
Old 02-11-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

Munchak won't make average players great all of a sudden or even bad players good. He's not a wizard. Lewan's potentially an elite OLT and to be able to leapfrog teams like NYG makes sense for them.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRogers92 View Post
Munchak won't make average players great all of a sudden or even bad players good. He's not a wizard. Lewan's potentially an elite OLT and to be able to leapfrog teams like NYG makes sense for them.
Hes one of the best oline coaches in the league.

Munchak runs a complicated/intricate blocking scheme. It mixes zone and gap fundamentals into what I think is a very unique blocking scheme. It will be very interesting to see how quickly it can be put in place. With a 1 cut runner and athletic olinemen we could be very exciting in the running game next year. At the very least Gilbert, Adams, and Beachem are highly athletic linemen

Look at what he did with Roos and Stewart... he molded pro bowl caliber tackles out of unpolished stones

There is nothing elite about lewan as is, he is a decent prospect in the tier of Reiff and Carimi. Much bigger needs than oline. The last 8 games last season ben was hit the least in his career, sacked the least in his career, and the running game showed life. Haleys timing offense with munchak makes oline low on the list of needs
Old 02-11-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the tradeback, as well as the Mosley pick for the Ravens. They spent a 2nd round pick on Arthur Brown last year, Darryl Smith could very well come back, and there is good depth on the position as well.
Furthermore Mosley is not the the type of "special" talent that you must pick, if he falls into your lap on draftday imo.

Finally, the defense was pretty solid last year, but the offense was absolutely abysmal. I fully expect Ozzie to spend his high picks on that side of the ball this year, whether it be on o-line, WR or maybe even TE.
Long story short, no thanks to Mosley. Especially as a first round pick.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
I hate the tradeback, as well as the Mosley pick for the Ravens. They spent a 2nd round pick on Arthur Brown last year, Darryl Smith could very well come back, and there is good depth on the position as well.
Furthermore Mosley is not the the type of "special" talent that you must pick, if he falls into your lap on draftday imo.

Finally, the defense was pretty solid last year, but the offense was absolutely abysmal. I fully expect Ozzie to spend his high picks on that side of the ball this year, whether it be on o-line, WR or maybe even TE.
Long story short, no thanks to Mosley. Especially as a first round pick.
I agree and disagree at the same time. Arthur Brown is a fixture at one of the two inside linebacker spots going forward and if Daryl Smith is re-signed then that position isn't a need at all. But if he does get more money elsewhere then I'm not comfortable with the other guys on the roster potentially being a starter. McClain is trash and is a likely candidate to get cut for cap savings. Bynes is hardly a step above McClain. McClellan is a solid backup and special teams player but likely nothing more. But I don't expect the team to take a inside linebacker high in the draft either. The offense definitely has to be addressed and like you said an offensive lineman, wide receiver, or maybe even a tight end will almost surely be available when they pick that represents good value.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:26 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it for the Titans, but as a team without a 3rd (and multiple needs) a trade back would be interested. Only reason I say that is you project the Steelers trading 1 pick before us. If DET is uninterested, Titans would glady drop back to #15. I doubt NYG, Rams, or the Bears would be interested in a 34 OLB in Barr. Titans move back 4 spots, still get our guy (Barr), and pickup a 3rd.

That would be a dream.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote