Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-14-2014, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock, Mock, Mock, WWP51D? 3 Rounds w/trades.

This is my "What Would Poz51 Do?" mock, I am the acting GM for all 32 teams and doing what I want for each team. This is not what I think the teams will actually do, although some of the picks are one in the same. I included my initial, pre-combine grades, which will change. Feedback is appreciated and as always I will respond when I can.

WWP51D?
2014 NFL Mock Draft
v.3.0

Round 1

1 – Houston – Blake Bortles (QB – U.C.F.)
Fits the O’Brien mold, O’Brien already thinks highly of him, and I am going to stick with what I know works for the coach I just hired. Upside and body type make this the pick for me over Teddy Bridgewater. Taking Clowney here, then a guy like Mettenberger at the top of the second is very appealing to me as well. However, I am not taking chances and getting my QB first.
Grade: Top 10

*Trade*
St. Louis trades the 2nd pick to Minnesota for the 8th and 40th picks in the 2014 draft, Minnesota’s 2015 1st and 4th round picks. Trade value chart: St. Louis – 2,600 pts. Minnesota – 2,534 pts. (est/Minimum).

2 – Minnesota (via. St. Louis/Washington) – Teddy Bridgewater (QB – Louisville)
Being the GM of St. Louis I am going to keep turning my 2012 1st round pick into as many gold nuggets as I can, since I don’t see the Vikings winning the Super Bowl next year, I gamble that I will make out like a bandit on the value of this trade. As the GM of the Vikings I am not waiting until 2015 to possibly get my QB of the future for Mike Zimmer my new head coach, who will work wonders for the defense, and I am going to pay just a little more than anyone else to move up and land my best pure QB prospect in either 2013 or 2014 drafts. Playing in a division with Jay Cutler, Aaron Rodgers and Matthew Stafford forces my hand at this point, and being a cellar dweller is not an option for me right now either. Derek Carr or Zach Mettenberger are not a QB’s I want to “settle” for either at 8. Reaching for C. Ponder, has me pondering whether or not to make that mistake, and I like to learn from the past.

3 – Jacksonville – Johnny Manziel (QB – Texas A & M)
In being the GM of the Jaguars I want to make a move that shakes up this franchise and provides a spark to help ignite it moving forward. Johnny “Football” Manziel is the man to do just that and with Drew Brees and Russell Wilson proving height can be overcome, I feel a little more comfortable making this pick at this spot, in that regard. Being the last of the “Big Three” quarterbacks in this draft forces my hand a little bit with this pick as well.
Grade: Top 20

4 – Cleveland – Sammy Watkins (WR – Clemson)
I am going to turn down an offer from Tampa Bay here since they cannot offer me their 3rd round pick this year and another from Atlanta as their 3rd round pick would be nice, but do not like the alternatives of missing out on S. Watkins at pick 7 in either trade. In being unwilling to pay the necessary price to move up to the 2nd pick, cost me my QB, so I will spin it that Hoyer has been my man all along, and those Manziel rumors were a smoke screen so that we would have options after the Rams trade out of 2. Watkins and Gordon paired together would give Hoyer plenty of opportunity to be successful, and help me look brilliant…
Grade: Top 5

5 – Oakland – Jedaveon Clowney (DE – S. Carolina)
Why am I sweating? Did I just run to the podium? Don’t I have a “guy” for that? Did we just land Clowney with the 5th pick? Johnson, pinch me, no harder Johnson!! Suck it Rivers, suck it Smith, hey Manning suck my Clowney!! Wait, am I a professional GM, or a 12 year old?
Grade: #1 Pick

6 – Atlanta – Jake Matthews (LT – Texas A & M)
After offering Cleveland 6 and 68 to move up, while telling them that Oakland swore on their mother they would not take Sammy Watkins if we took Clowney, they wouldn’t do it, and I refused to give up a 2nd to move up 2 spots for a non-QB having recently mortgaged picks to move up for a receiver, I still manage to land the best all around LT in the draft. In doings so both the running and passing game will improve, and Matt Ryan should take a hundred or less shots next year. Not too bad…
Grade: Top 5

7 – Tampa Bay – Eric Ebron (TE – U.N.C.)
I have Ebron as a top 10 value, I wanted Watkins or Clowney, but that isn’t going to happen at 7, and not having a 3rd rounder hurts my ability to trade up. Ebron is the most athletic TE I have seen since Vernon Davis and gives Lovie Smith’s offense the ability to move the ball and put up points better than anyone else available offensively, and in this division scoring points is a must. This notably should help my defense as well, as they will see the field less. I like Mack and Barr, but don’t see either playing in a 43 front as a DE and having nearly the impact Ebron would in the offense. Ebron it is, a toy for Glennon to help him develop, give him an elite athlete as a safety net, match up nightmare and playmaker.

8 – St. Louis (via. Minnesota) – Darqueze Dennard (CB – Michigan St.)
Adding the most competitive, talented man to man cover corner in the draft to my secondary, in this division is fine by me. Best part of this pick, is that it is part of the trade that just keeps on giving.

9 – Buffalo – Greg Robinson (LT/RT – Auburn)
I am sure there will be no future issues regarding Glenn and Robinson regarding who plays what tackle spot, and how we pay them appropriately… Regardless, Robinson is the BPA available, and since we run the ball A LOT, I am going to take Robinson to play right tackle with no immediate plan to move him to left tackle, and buck the trend.

10 – Detroit – Justin Gilbert (CB – Ok. St.)
I really want D. Dennard and have a willing trade partner with Tampa Bay, but do not want to give up my third round pick to move up and get him when I can still land J. Gilbert. So, I stand pat and land Gilbert to help a secondary that I want to upgrade desperately, while adding a future asset. New York offers their 4th this year, or gives me the option of their 3rd next year, I take the 3rd rounder.

11 – Tennessee – Khalil Mack (OLB – Buffalo)
After speaking with Wiz, the D is going to convert to a 3-4/hybrid style and while having A. Ayers manning one OLB spot is good, but having Mack on the other side will allow the transition to be a little smoother and I think round out the ability of the current personnel to make the transition, while adding a playmaking 3 down impact defender on the other edge.

*Trade*
The New York “Football” Giants send the 12th pick to Jacksonville, for the 39th and 70th picks in the 2014 draft and Jacksonville’s 2015 first round pick. Trade value chart: N.Y.G. – 1200, Jacksonville – 1340 (est/minimum).

12 – Jacksonville (via - N.Y.G.) – Anthony Barr (OLB/DE – U.C.L.A.)
This is my WWP51D? mock and I am the GM of both teams, and I will do what I want. As GM of the Jaguars I have the ability to land a top ten talent who is perfect for my LEO on defense, and the pass rusher I have wanted for years, add to it I already got my QB at pick 3, and I love my draft. I am not taking a second round talent to play LEO, nor am I waiting, the time is now. Barr’s better playing days are ahead of him. As the Giants GM, I am not thrilled with how the board fell at all, and when Jacksonville (multiple personality disorder???) calls I am shocked, but then am offered a trade I cannot turn down.

13 – St. Louis – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (S – Alabama)
Is this over kill in the secondary at the top of the draft? Oh no my friend, not for me. Palm’s, Kap and Russ can all sling it in the division, and this move puts the defense clearly into the elite/championship group. A little early for Dix, but I still have two seconds to work with soon enough, to solidify the team in other areas.
Grade: 1st Round

14 – Chicago – Kony Ealy (DE/OLB – Mizzu)
This defense was a dumpster fire this past year, and should be immediately scrapped and rebuilt. So I am starting with the top available talent on that side of the ball, and Ealy is the top rated defender left on my board on the defensive line.

15 – Pittsburgh – Mike Evans (WR – Texas A & M)
Tough call here, Nix, Pryor, Evans, Lee, maybe a Benjamin… Right now, I am going with Evans who is currently the highest rated WR available, diversifies my bonds, I mean offense and give Big Ben another weapon to work with.

16 – Baltimore – Zach Martin (G/T – Notre Dame)
Hard to pass on a receiver here, but the offensive line takes precedent in not knowing if I’ll need two new tackles or just one, if I am moving big O out to RT for sure yet, either way Martin locks up a spot (G or T)regardless. Despite not being my BPA, he is the best fit for my shiny new OC as he allows big O to officially move to RT, and Zach can be the nasty inside presence at LG coach K wants. Two birds, one stone??

17 – Dallas – Rashede Hageman (DT – Minnesota)
This is one of the easier picks, fits my value/need profile, and since Jerry is sitting this one out, entirely possible.
Grade: top 20

18 – N.Y.J. – Kyle Van Noy (OLB – B.Y.U.)
I can’t believe I am doing this. However, I can find a wide out later in the draft and there is always free agency too. I think I can get a tight end later or roll with what I got. So, I am going to draft another defensive player, who just happens to be the BPA on my board. Marquise Lee’s injury concerns scare me too much at this point in the draft, Benjamin doesn’t fit the scheme as I see it, Erbon is already off the board, and the remaining tight ends have too many question marks or don’t fit value wise either... C. Pace is going to be 34 next year and Van Noy should plug, play and produce from day one anywhere in the linebacking core. Van Noy is the most under rated player in the draft in my humble opinion.

19 – Miami – Taylor Lewan (LT/RT – Michigan)
“I’ve got too.”

20 – Arizona – Morgan Moses (LT – Virginia)
Morgan Moses has been like a roller coaster of draft emotions for me, he’s up, he’s down, but today he’s up, and the new LT of the Arizona Cardinals.

21 – Green Bay – C.J. Mosley (LB – Alabama)
Medical concerns have me a little hesitant, but at 21 I am willing to gamble that Mosley significantly upgrades the middle of the linebacker core, while providing an instinctive presence who can run sideline to sideline making plays in the run game, and help in coverage as well.

22 – Philadelphia – Calvin Pryor (FS – Louisville)
Tough call here, a couple guys I like, but my God the pass defense was terrible last year and I see a lot of Brian Dawkins in Pryor. That alone makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when making this pick.

23 – Kansas City – Marquise Lee (WR – U.S.C.)
I almost pulled the trigger on a trade with Arizona for the 20th pick, but not having a 2nd round pick nixed that, as I want as many picks in this draft as I can have. Taking Lee, who I am willing to gamble that his injury problems are behind him is a risk I am willing to take for a top ten type talent, who should flourish in coach Reid’s offense.

*Trade*
Cincinnati trades the 24th pick to New Orleans for the 27th pick and 122nd pick in the 2014 draft. Trade value chart: Cincinnati – 740, New Orleans – 730 points.

24 – New Orleans (via. Cincinnati) – Dee Ford (OLB/DE – Auburn)
Dee Ford is the dynamic edge presence that can help turn the defense into an elite unit. Im willing to pay the price of a 4th round pick to move up and assure I land Ford before the Chargers snatch him up. Despite not being my biggest need, and having some nice pass rushing pieces on board already, this move puts the defensive front into an elite category.

25 – San Diego – Cyrus Kouandjio (RT/LT – Alabama)
Kouandjio and Fluker in consecutive drafts… The combination worked for Alabama. Although my scouts tell me Cyrus is best suited for the right side, I firmly believe he can hold down the left side. Those freaking Saints…

26 – Cleveland (via. Indianapolis) – David Yankey (G/T – Stanford)
Having had a horrible season as a group, the interior of the offensive line at guard is a priority, and Yankey will help keep Hoyer upright, and the running back I take in the next couple rounds productive.

27 – Cincinnati (via. New Orleans) – Ryan Shazier (OLB/S – O.S.U.)
I saw Poz51 put Shazier to us in his last mock, then Scott Wright of NFL Draft Countdown did it too, and then I watched Seattle’s fast, athletic linebackers in the Super Bowl and thought to myself; “Yup, Shazier would significantly upgrade the athleticism of our linebackers, seems to work for Seattle.” His ability to cover is a huge upgrade over the current starting 3 LB’s.

28 – Carolina – Kelvin Benjaman (WR – F.S.U.)
Weapon for Caaaam… Check. Risk/reward, check…
Grade: 2nd Round

29 – New England – Austin Seferian-Jenkins (TE – Washington)
Im trying to squeeze every last drop out of Tom Brady’s career that I can and ASJ gives him a presence from the TE position as like it or not, Gronk is starting to just be injury prone. I have ASJ as the most complete TE in the draft.

30– San Francisco – Stephon Tuitt (DE – Notre Dame)
Justin Smith can’t play for ever, and Tuitt can help from day one in the rotation, and be the long term solution as a replacement at DE.

31 – Denver – Jason Verrett (CB – T.C.U.)
Champ Bailey is done at corner… Harris is iffy to play next year coming off ACL surgery and DRC is a priority FA. Taking the best available CB is what I would do and am doing.

32 – Seattle – Xavier Su’a-Filo (G – U.C.L.A.)
Receiver or guard? Su’a-Filo is the highest rated on my board at either position, and higher than any available tackle either, so I go BPA at a position of need.

Round 2

1 – Houston – Louis Nix-III (DT – Notre Dame)
Injury concerns have a potential top 10 pick falling into my lap at the top of the 2nd round, so I take the risk or reward of Nix panning out, and this pick being a steal.

*Trade*
Washington trades the 34th pick to Oakland for the 36th and 165th picks in the 2014 draft. Trade value chart: Washington – 560 pts. Oakland – 565.4 pts.

2 – Oakland (via. Washington) – Derek Carr (QB – Fresno St.)
A sixth round pick to trade up and land a potential franchise QB is an acceptable price to pay for a guy with a pretty loaded tool box of physical ability. A roster upgrade at QB is needed and I am pulling the trigger on making it happen. This staff will have to coach him up and get him used to throwing under pressure, but that’s why I pay them the mucho dinero.

3 – Cleveland – Yawin Smallwood (ILB – U.Conn.)
Under rated athleticism and a dominate two years have me reaching a little, but the upside I believe will be a great addition to the defense. Did I mention Brian Hoyer is our QB already, and this draft is going just the way I want it to…

4 – Washington (via. Oakland) – Cyril Richardson (G – Baylor)
We need to beef up the offensive line and Richardson is beefy. A poor showing in Mobile has me hesitant, but his game tape has me convinced he fits and has significant enough upside to warrant this pick.

5 – Atlanta – Scott Crichton (DE – Oregon St.)
I tried to trade up for Clowney, but ultimately failed. While not the edge presence Clowney or Ealy is but I like the ability off the snap, and high motor. Solid second rounder.

6 – Tampa Bay – Antonio Richardson (LT/RT – Tennessee)
Richardson is a guy who with some coaching in the technique and footwork area’s could be a steal in the second round and a stud at LT. Athletically impressive for a big man, and I like his ability to grind in the run game and potential to develop in pass protection.
Grade: 2nd Round LT, 1st Round RT

7 – N.Y.G. (via. Jacksonville) – Travis Swanson (C/G – Arkansas)
Swanson is a natural center, but I believe he is capable of playing guard too, and diversity is never a bad thing. I am upgrading my interior offensive line with the BPA at center or guard.

8 – St. Louis (via. Minnesota) – Aaron Donald (DT – Pitt.)
Having to match Seattle and San Francisco’s defenses is continuing to get easier with the talent pool on this roster. I go BPA available on the defensive line and don’t look back.

9 – Buffalo – Gabe Jackson (G – Miss. St.)
Robinson’s nastiness and ability, in addition to Jackson’s ability to get push in the run game should be significant upgrades to a previously unproductive offensive line at right tackle and left guard. Jackson is another sleeper of mine, very similar to Larry Warford last year. Glenn, Jackson, Wood, Urbrik and Robinson… We shall run and run until the defense throw’s up. Donte Moncrief is hard to pass up here.

10 – Tennessee – Jimmie Ward (FS – N. Illinois)
Transitioning to more of a hybrid/34 defense, coach Wiz and I agree that a athletic safety to cover the back end is a must. Ward is just that.

11 – N.Y.G. – Timmy Jernigan (DT – F.S.U.)
I am taking the BPA available and not looking back, need or not, not that I am following Jerry Reese’s template or anything.

12 – St. Louis – Odell Beckham Jr. (WR – L.S.U.)
Pettis, Quick, Givens, etc. are not backing anyone off the LOS or threatening any defenses vertically, and Beckham Jr. does that from the #1 or #2 spots offensively. Beckham Jr. and T. Austin on the same side of the field will create match-up problems.

13 – Detroit – Brandin Cooks (WR – Oregon St.)
Offensively, I want to diversify, and Cooks gives me a slot receiver, who next to Megatron who creates match-up problems.

14 – Pittsburgh – E.J. Gaines (CB – Mizzu.)
A sleeper of mine in this draft. Gaines has effectively shut down every receiver he has faced, including my first round pick who is 7 inches taller and almost 40 pound heavier. Can play both man and off/zone coverage.

15 – Dallas – Lamarcus Joyner (FS/CB – F.S.U)
Joyner allows for flexibility on defense, can cover the slot, play single high or the deep half. An upgrade at safety is years in the making at this point, so I am grabbing the most versatile, highest rated guy on my board. Is that you nodding Jerry?

16 – Baltimore – Donte Moncrief (WR – Ole Miss)
Moncrief could make himself a lot of money this off season and end up being one of the top 32 picks in the draft. The combine will be huge for him. I am openly stealing him with the 16th pick in the second round.

17 – N.Y.J. – Jarvis Landry (WR – L.S.U.)
Landry does everything well, and is a willing blocker who is not afraid to go over the middle. One of the most polished and well rounded receivers in the class. One of my personal favorites, Landry will give Geno a reliable target, who can do it all.

18 – Miami – Dakota Dozier (G – Furman)
Putting time in the weight room will be critical in helping Dozier transition from FCS to the NFL, but he has all the athletic tools to eventually be the best guard in the class.

19 – Chicago – Deone Bucannon (SS – Washington St.)
Another sleeper of mine in this draft. Bucannon is an instant plug and play defender, especially on this defense, and he can do the one thing my other safeties cannot, tackle.

20 – Arizona – Zach Mettenberger (QB – L.S.U.)
Carson Palmer turns 35 at the end of next season and for me, the future is now. Mettenberger will have time to heal from his ACL surgery as well as time to develop while Palmer finishes his career. Mettenberger flourished in a pro-style offense and while not as mobile as coach Arians would like, he can read defenses and make every throw.

21 – Green Bay – Jace Armano (TE – Texas Tech)
With too many “if’s” surrounding Finley, I look to bring in a replacement, in just about every way shape and form.

22 – Philadelphia – Pierre Desir (CB – Lindenwood)
Was the secondary that bad last year? Yup. Desir has the highest upside of the remaining corners. I firmly believe coach Davis will get the best out of every drip of talent Desir has.
Grade: 3rd Round

23 – Cincinnati – Bradley Roby (FS/CB – O.S.U.)
Play making safety is the best fit for Roby as I see him, he can come up and make the tackle, can play corner if needed. I am going to continue diversifying the defense with this pick.

24 – San Francisco (via. Kansas City) – Kyle Fuller (CB – Virginia Tech.)
Fuller can do it all, and with a little coaching and discipline should be able to out play his draft status.

25 – San Diego – Louchiez Purifoy (CB – Florida)
I need at least one corner out of this draft who can contribute and Purifoy qualifies.

26 – New Orleans – Jack Mewhort (RT – O.S.U.)
I want an upgrade at CB, but the value left on the board for me is not greater than that of Mewhort who should be a “plug and play” guy for me day one while Strief finds more money elsewhere.

27 – Indianapolis – Weston Richburg (C – Colorado St.)
BPA for the interior offensive line, and that is my #1 priority.

28 – Carolina – Marcus Roberson (CB – Florida)
Medical and character red flags have Roberson fall on draft day, but the talent has me convinced the leaders in this locker room will keep him straight, and coach Rivera can get the most out of him.

29 – New England – Joel Bitonio (G – Nevada)
College tackle who’s better days in the NFL are suited at guard. I have him as the BPA and interior line help, should help the offense as a whole.

30 – San Francisco – Ed Reynolds (FS – Stanford)
Eric Reid I have always viewed as a SS, and with D. Whitner leaving in FA, Reid slides over to SS and Reynolds comes in and replaces Reid at FS. Two birds, one stone.

31 – Denver – Davonte Adams (WR – Fresno St.)
Eric Decker is gone, and Davonte Adams is the #1 receiver on my board. I am going to keep giving Manning weapons while addressing defensive needs in free agency at this point. Adams runs good routes, is used to a pass heavy attack, and should quickly adapt to Peyton’s offense.

32 – Seattle – Allen Robinson (WR – Penn. St.)
I know I need to help out Wilson in the passing game to make the offense as lethal as the defense, so I take the #1 receiver on my board to replace the oft-injured Sidney Rice.

Round 3

1 – Houston – Billy Turner (RT/G – N. Dakota St.)
I love diversity in players, especially on the lines, and Turner I believe can handle right tackle and guard. Either way, I am going to do what I can to make sure my first round pick is well protected.

2 – Washington – Stanley Jean-Baptiste (CB – Nebraska)
Secondary help is one of the many needs on this team, and I am going to lean towards the bigger physical presence to compliment an aggressive style of defense.

3 – Oakland – Kelcy Quarles (DT/DE – S. Carolina)
Quarles and Clowney terrorized the SEC together at S. Carolina, I am hoping they can do the same in the AFC West. Not to mention the defensive line is in terrible shape and in dire need of even more help.

4 – Atlanta – Troy Niklas (TE – Notre Dame)
Niklas can run block and is only scratching the surface of his ability in the passing games. With T-Gonz retiring for real, for real this time, Niklas will start right away and develop as Ryan becomes “Elite”.

5 – N.Y.J. (via. Tampa Bay) – C.J. Fiedorowicz (TE – Iowa)
A capable blocker and big bodied target in the passing game to help Geno. Check.

6 – N.Y.G. (via. Jacksonville) – Victor Hampton (CB/S – S. Carolina)
Hampton looks and hits like a safety, yet has the athleticism of a corner. A young player who relies on his athleticism is nothing new, with some technique work and refinement, Hampton should be a reliable starter, who can make impact plays.

7 – Cleveland – Jimmy Garoppolo (QB – E. Illinois)
Hoyer remains the starter, and Garoppolo develops into Tony Romo while Hoyer starts. This was my plan all along, and I am executing it to perfection…

8 – Minnesota – Anthony Steen (G – Alabama)
Helps AP, helps TB, helps the offense as a whole.

9 – Buffalo – Jeremy Hill (RB – L.S.U.)
BPA and future of the ground game for coach Marrone. Spiller is a glass Indy car, and Jackson is 34 next year, both of whom have expiring contracts at the end of the season. I don’t want to go RB, but I am.

10 – N.Y.G. – Jordan Matthews (WR – Vanderbilt)
One of the more over-hyped receivers in the draft, but Nicks is a goner, and Matthews does have a useful skill set to be developed.

11 – St. Louis – JaWuan James (LT – Tennessee)
James is a bit of a project, but with consistent coaching, I expect him to be a swing tackle capable of holding down the left side if needed. Surprising agile and athletic, James could be a long term starter at LT.

12 – Detroit – Paul Richardson (WR – Colorado)
Back to back receivers is a little iffy given the first round history of the Lions in doing so, but the speed of Richardson added to the slot ability of Cooks and the all around omnipotence that is Megatron… Yikes…

13 – San Francisco (via. Tennessee) – Martavis Bryant (WR – Clemson)
Bryant is a vertical threat with room to grow, and plenty of upside despite limited college experience.

14 – Dallas – Kadeem Martin (DE – U.N.C.)
A perfect fit in Dallas’s defense, can play the run, and rush the passer. Ascending player who could find himself going much earlier than this come draft day with a strong showing at the combine.

15 – Baltimore – Ahmad Dixon (SS/FS – Baylor)
I am moving Matt Elam to FS permanently and bringing Dixon in as my starting SS.

16 – N.Y.J. – Keith McGill (CB /S– Utah)
Crow is cap casualty and someone needs to start in his place, so I take the #1 available corner on my board with a little of the Seahawks influence taking place. McGill I think ends up at Safety where he had JUCO success. Cutting and resigning of Crow could put McGill right into the safety spot, if not McGill will play corner and we will go from there.

17 – Miami – Ka’Deem Carey (RB – Arizona)
Patient and powerful, a willing blocker and able pass catcher, adding a well rounded back will help the offense almost as much as the offensive linemen already added.

18 – Chicago – Chris Borland (ILB – Wisconsin)
I might just spend every pick in the draft on defense, although I should probably spend a couple picks on offense at some point... Borland however is too good for me to pass on, allows me to move Bostic outside where I have always thought he was better suited, and likely move on from Lance Briggs.

19 – Cleveland (via. Pittsburgh) – Tre Mason (RB – Auburn)
I am looking for a workhorse back, and Mason certainly qualifies. With Watkins, Gordon and Jordan, all I need Mason to do is move the chains, set the tone, and that I think he does very well.

20 – Arizona – Troy Murphy (OLB/DE – Stanford)
Murphy falls and I am more than happy to land him in my draft net.

21 – Green Bay – Dion Bailey (FS/SS – U.S.C.)
Bailey has the skill set to play SS, but I am giving Morgan Burnett another year or two to fully prove himself, plus contractually he really isn’t going anywhere anyway. Bailey is one of the more instinctual safeties in the draft and his change of direction skills in addition to his big play ability will enhance the secondary and defense from the FS spot

22 – Philadelphia – Trevor Reilly (OLB/DE – Utah)
Eerily similar to Troy Murphy as a prospect, Reilly has a loaded tool box, but is a work in progress.

23 – Kansas City – Terrence Brooks (FS – F.S.U.)
Brooks is a former corner who can do it all as a safety. Butterfingers are the reason he plays safety not receiver.

24 – Cincinnati – Jaylen Watkins (CB – Florida)
Watkins is a smooth athletic corner who I believe will be a better pro than college player. Jaylen might be the better long term prospect of the three Florida corners, especially with the right coaching in the right system. Ascending on my board with an eye on potential and development, he has the tools.

25 – San Diego – Chris Watt (G – Notre Dame)
Watt’s toughness and work ethic will mesh well with Phillip Rivers, while not being quite good enough in space to warrant being picked this high, Watt has the intangibles that will never be quantified.
Grade: 4th Round

26 – Indianapolis – Jared Abbrederis (WR – Wisconsin)
If there is a receiver in this class who does not have the physical tool box, but has “it” whatever it is, Abbrederis is that guy.

27 – New Orleans – Bashaud Breeland (CB – Clemson)
Taking the #1 corner on the board as we need bodies out there and waiting till the third round might be waiting too long, but that’s just how things go down sometimes.

28 – Carolina – James Hurst (LT – U.N.C.)
Hurst disappointed in 2013, but has the upside to replace Jordan Gross in the near future.

29 – New England – DaQuan Jones (DT – P.S.U.)
BPA, I cant pass even if it is not a big time need.

30 – San Francisco – Marcus Martin (C – U.S.C.)
Long term solution at center with Goodwin being 35, the future is now.

31 – Denver – Marcus Smith (DE – Louisville)
Pass rusher who can play the run, I am looking to the future a little with this pick, while adding a player up front who can also get after the QB.

32 – Minnesota (via. Seattle) – Robert Herron (WR – Wyoming)
Herron has all the tools to be a weapon out or the slot, and I am going to surround Teddy B. with as many pieces as possible.

Last edited by Poz51 : 02-14-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:31 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Usually I love your mocks, but I just can't get behind the pick, and the trade up. We have our two starting DEs from the past three drafts, Junior who is a solid OLB pass rusher, and we get Victor Butler back from injury, who Rob Ryan loves. And we had consistent pass rush, we just need DB's to help them out.

Also, Deone is my favorite player in this draft. I think he will rise to late first after the combine.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
AvengerRam
Rookie

AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was intrigued by your Rams picks (I like the trade w/Minnesota) until you got to Beckham. The Rams already have guys like him. I'd go with Mewhort at that spot and (based upon the available players left on your mock) Tre Mason in Round 3 to platoon with Zac Stacy.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm

I am pretty sure they will target a WR, because im pretty sure they are kicking themselves for passing on patterson last year :-(

Evans is interesting, hes young, and I think they want to get ben a taller WR. Im not necessarily thrilled by him, I think hes a little overrated.

Lee is probably the best fit for the offense, and benjamin probably has the highest ceiling but the lowest floor

Evans/Pryor/Lee/Benjamin would be my top picks there though, you nailed that.

My #2 picks would be Moncrief/Robinson/Reynolds/Gaines depending on what they do in the first round
Old 02-14-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me preface this by saying I'd be quite happy with the Jets drafting Jarvis Landry in the second. He is a sure handed receiver who looks like he can make the tough catches. Given the Jets interest in speedster Emmanuel Sanders and the sheer lack of.... anything at wide receiver (with apologies to Jeremy Kerley), it would make sense for them to draft someone like Landry.

That being said, if the St. Louis Rams don't have a someone who is threatening defenses vertically, then that is by design. The Jets didn't either while Brian Schottenheimer was in town. Looking at this draft, I would think it is more likely that the Rams would draft Landry leaving Beckham (or one of the other quality receiver prospects that will be available in round 2) for the Jets.

Also, if the Giants made that trade, I would love it. I've seen teams make traded like that, and it usually works out in favor of the team trading down for a future first.

Last edited by Crickett : 02-14-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get the Vikings need to get a QB, but I'm not sure they're trading up. And not addressing their terrible defense with any of their first 3 round picks (especially after hiring Zimmer) seems a little far fetched.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Usually I love your mocks, but I just can't get behind the pick, and the trade up. We have our two starting DEs from the past three drafts, Junior who is a solid OLB pass rusher, and we get Victor Butler back from injury, who Rob Ryan loves. And we had consistent pass rush, we just need DB's to help them out.

Also, Deone is my favorite player in this draft. I think he will rise to late first after the combine.
Ford wont be playing DE in a 34, ever, the DE designation I use is for 43 defenses, and with Ford he'd be a OLB on run downs and a DE on pass rushing downs in that defense. I should clarify that and will try to remember to do so in the future. Junior on one side, Ford on the other. Butler IMO was a projection/work in progress from the beginning and coming off a ACL injury, I am not banking on him, which is why I am grabbing Ford, the 3 could also be used like the Seahawks use thier 3 passrushers on passing downs, which Ryan could easily fit into his scheme IMO. I agree with needing DB's, particularly at corner, I just wouldnt reach with Dennard and Gilbert off the board early in round one, at that point.
Breeland in round 3 addresses the CB need, although maybe a little late, but value wise IMO he is better than reaching in the first. There are a handfull of CB's in the second, I just have protecting Brees being more important at that spot. FA could/would affect this, but I am not projecting that too.

Deone is one of the most under rated players in this draft IMO as well, he could rise, although I think he's a second rounder when its all said and done. His combine numbers could put him in the first IMO as well.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd puke if the Jags did that. Giving up a ton of valuable picks for some project DE that got bullied around in college? No thanks. There's no way Barr is worth that. We have way too many holes to be giving up that much, even if he was the stud you think he is. It just doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked the first two picks for Baltimore. Then you threw this in:

Quote:
15 – Baltimore – Ahmad Dixon (SS/FS – Baylor)
I am moving Matt Elam to FS permanently and bringing Dixon in as my starting SS.
Absolutely not. Elam is not even close to being a good fit at free safety. If that were the case they would probably just bring back Ihedigbo. Elam needs to be at strong safety or he's going to go down as a bust of a draft pick.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
I was intrigued by your Rams picks (I like the trade w/Minnesota) until you got to Beckham. The Rams already have guys like him. I'd go with Mewhort at that spot and (based upon the available players left on your mock) Tre Mason in Round 3 to platoon with Zac Stacy.
I dont see anyone like Bechham on thier roster in regards to speed and stretching a defense vertically with speed aside from Austin who I see doing it from the slot. Who on thier roster has speed to do it from a speed stand point? I did consider Mewhort to them, I just liked adding the Vertical Componet speed wise to the D. I am expecting Beckham to clock in th low 4.4's maybe squeaking under... Mason and Stacy seem similar in style, maybe a different style back?

I look forward to your response, I appreciate being schooled :)
Old 02-14-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aside from preferring Donald to Hageman, perhaps he doesn't seem like a top 20 pick yet, but come may he will be and I think Donald will be the pick. Joyner is phenomenal. I also like Martin a lot, wouldn't have minded marcus smith either in the 3rd. But that is a great 3 rounds for the cowboys.

Last edited by Jas : 02-14-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i really dislike a wr for denver in the first three rounds. i firmly believe there will be a ton of solid talent from the 4th on, and while we need a body, i think we need bodies elsewhere more.

that said, no rookie we draft in the second round (well, in any round, really) will win us a super bowl while peyton is still playing, so we really probably should just be going BPA throughout the draft, and then trying to use FA to plug starter-level holes on the team.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
AvengerRam
Rookie

AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AvengerRam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
I dont see anyone like Bechham on thier roster in regards to speed and stretching a defense vertically with speed aside from Austin who I see doing it from the slot. Who on thier roster has speed to do it from a speed stand point?
Chris Givens is pretty darn fast (4.41).

Quote:
I did consider Mewhort to them, I just liked adding the Vertical Componet speed wise to the D. I am expecting Beckham to clock in th low 4.4's maybe squeaking under... Mason and Stacy seem similar in style, maybe a different style back?
I actually like the idea of a similar back to Stacy. While Zac had a great rookie year, I'm concerned about his long term durability. Having "two Zac Stacys" would work pretty well.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:38 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carey and Lewan are nice, but Dozier in the 2nd round? Barf.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CB is a much bigger need for SF than DE, Tank Carradine is being groomed to take over for Justin Smith after next year, give us Jason verrett!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that Bears draft although Im not sure the Bears could pass on Tre Mason in the third round, but Borland is a good pick.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Packers12
Rookie

Packers12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Packers12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Packers12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Packers12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Packers12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Packers12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Packers12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Packers12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Packers12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Packers12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Packers12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it, and would love it if Amaro is there in round two.
Packers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:59 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't even imagine that draft coming true... give me Hyde over Mason (both of which I fully expect gone before round 3), and I'm so ecstatic I can't even come up with a proper analogy.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:11 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
21 – Green Bay – C.J. Mosley (LB – Alabama)
Medical concerns have me a little hesitant, but at 21 I am willing to gamble that Mosley significantly upgrades the middle of the linebacker core, while providing an instinctive presence who can run sideline to sideline making plays in the run game, and help in coverage as well.

22 – Philadelphia – Calvin Pryor (FS – Louisville)
Tough call here, a couple guys I like, but my God the pass defense was terrible last year and I see a lot of Brian Dawkins in Pryor. That alone makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when making this pick.

19 – Chicago – Deone Bucannon (SS – Washington St.)
Another sleeper of mine in this draft. Bucannon is an instant plug and play defender, especially on this defense, and he can do the one thing my other safeties cannot, tackle.

21 – Green Bay – Jace Armano (TE – Texas Tech)
With too many “if’s” surrounding Finley, I look to bring in a replacement, in just about every way shape and form.

18 – Chicago – Chris Borland (ILB – Wisconsin)
I might just spend every pick in the draft on defense, although I should probably spend a couple picks on offense at some point... Borland however is too good for me to pass on, allows me to move Bostic outside where I have always thought he was better suited, and likely move on from Lance Briggs.

21 – Green Bay – Dion Bailey (FS/SS – U.S.C.)
Bailey has the skill set to play SS, but I am giving Morgan Burnett another year or two to fully prove himself, plus contractually he really isn’t going anywhere anyway. Bailey is one of the more instinctual safeties in the draft and his change of direction skills in addition to his big play ability will enhance the secondary and defense from the FS spot
Very nice work overall.
I would happily sign-off on this Packers top-3 picks.
I do hate to see the Bears get Borland. That would be a nightmare for the next 10 years because that guy is a Mike Singletary at ILB.
I really think he's going to have a better and longer career than Mosely.

We badly need a S, TE, and ILB, so you hit them all.
I personally would rather have Pryor, Borland, and Nicklas as I see instant help and long careers for all 3 of those guys.
Nicklas has unteachable size and has soft hands. A willing-blocker too.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:28 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ford wont be playing DE in a 34, ever, the DE designation I use is for 43 defenses, and with Ford he'd be a OLB on run downs and a DE on pass rushing downs in that defense. I should clarify that and will try to remember to do so in the future. Junior on one side, Ford on the other. Butler IMO was a projection/work in progress from the beginning and coming off a ACL injury, I am not banking on him, which is why I am grabbing Ford, the 3 could also be used like the Seahawks use thier 3 passrushers on passing downs, which Ryan could easily fit into his scheme IMO. I agree with needing DB's, particularly at corner, I just wouldnt reach with Dennard and Gilbert off the board early in round one, at that point.
Breeland in round 3 addresses the CB need, although maybe a little late, but value wise IMO he is better than reaching in the first. There are a handfull of CB's in the second, I just have protecting Brees being more important at that spot. FA could/would affect this, but I am not projecting that too.

Deone is one of the most under rated players in this draft IMO as well, he could rise, although I think he's a second rounder when its all said and done. His combine numbers could put him in the first IMO as well.
the issue i have with ford is that he is a pure pass rusher, just like galette, if we get someone for OLB (not the biggest need iyam) itd better be someone who also adds something in coverage to give some versatility. That being said pass rush is far from our biggest worry.

Id go Jason Verrett, Allen Robinson (or Ed Reynolds) and Marcus Martin in the top 3 rounds. Robinson is kinda dependent on what happens with Lance Moore

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:22 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts will fill their need at Center in free agency or not at all. (They drafted C Khaled Holmes in the 4th last year)

Give the Colts FS Dion Bailey in the 2nd, maybe they can trade down and still get him. (They need a true coverage FS to allow Laron Landry to play close to the line at SS)

Then in the 3rd, give them DT Daquan Jones. (They need a deep and talented DL to make this defense work.)

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is really well done.

Have to say, though, that I have the opposite opinion of Bucannon. He can make plays, but his tackling form is poor, and he takes bad angles. In the Arizona State game, I counted something like 9 bad angles and 5 missed tackles. If you can improve his form as a tackler, I think he can be a R. Jones kind of player. Playmaker from inside the box. But those aren't that rare, and given the things in his game he needs to fix, I see him as more of a 3rd/4th RD player.

I also don't get Martin over Lewan.

I like that you have Van Noy in the top 20.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots draft is sexy.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we just ousted Lombardi but I can't see this franchise waiting that long for their QB. I think Borland is a greater fit inside in a 34 than 43. Smallwood is too limited athletically to see high 2nd IMO. I recognize Robinson is riding the hype train but I don't see him escaping the top 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:43 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be miserable. Does nothing to take our team to the next level. We don't need high motor at DE, we have a gluttony of those. We need a pass rusher. Niklas isn't even a sure upgrade over Toilolo. I would be upset.

Matthews also sucks but I think he will be our pick so I can't keep hating.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote