Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:23 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sam Bradford....Better than you think?

Just gone done reading this fantastic article...

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/the...-for-2014.html

I think a lot of people, some rams fans including are ready for the rams to move on from Bradford, and I keep saying NO Quarterback in the past 10 years has ever come in to a worse situation than what Bradford came into. I know it probably won't change any opinions of him, but as a die hard Rams fan, I feel the need to put it up. It's a good read.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith went into a pretty grim situation. Same with practically every quarterback for the Browns and Raiders the last ten years. Maybe Bradford turns his career around, but I just have never understood the infatuation for him. He just isn't that good to me. And he plays his best football when it matters least.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:01 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since day one ive thought he was very similar to Alex Smith, and not that its horrible but he is what he is.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna lie, I'm surprised the percentage of intermediate and long pass attempts are that high.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford flashes, then he makes some throws leaving you scratching your head. I think it was the Thursday night game I watched him and was extremely unimpressed. Sure his receivers can suck at times but he was constantly throwing behind or overthrowing receivers.

Edit : this game http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330926014

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
Bradford flashes, then he makes some throws leaving you scratching your head. I think it was the Thursday night game I watched him and was extremely unimpressed. Sure his receivers can suck at times but he was constantly throwing behind or overthrowing receivers.

Edit : this game http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330926014
Yeah, the Thursday night game was rough. The article states that it was clearly his worse game of the season. Wrong time to have your worst game because it was on a national stage. But the 9ers just dominated the Rams that day.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about this for stats, of QBs drafted in 2010 or later with at least 20 career starts, Sam's stats look like this:
Wilson 63.6%, 8.1YPA, 100.6 rating, 1.6P TD / GM - 32games
Newton 59.8%, 7.7 YPA, 86.4rating, 1.3 P TD /GM - 48games
Kaep 59.8%, 7.9YPA, 93.8 rating, 1.3P TD/ GM - 23 games
RG3 62.7%, 7.5YPA, 91.5 rating, 1.3P TD/ GM - 28 games
Luck 57.0%, 6.8YPA, 81.5 rating, 1.4P TD/ GM - 32 games
Dalton 60.9%, 7.0 YPA, 85.7 rating, 1.7P TD/GM - 48 games
Tannehill 59.4%, 6.7YPA, 79.1 rating, 1.1P TD/GM - 32games
Bradford 58.8%, 6.3YPA, 79.3 rating, 1.2 Pass Tds/Gm - 42 games
Ponder 60.3%, 6.4 YPA, 77.3 rating, 1.1 P TDs/GM - 35 games
McCoy 58.3%, 6.3YPA, 74.9 rating, 1 P TD/GM - 21 games
Weeden 55.9%, 6.5 YPA, 71.8 rating, 1.2P TD/GM - 20 games
Gabbert 53.3%, 5.6YPA, 66.4 rating, .81 P TD/GM - 27 games

Notice how Bradford is closer in numbers to the guys that have already been replaced, or soon will be than the top QBs here? The only one of the top guys he is close to in terms of numbers is Andrew Luck, which is largely because Lucks numbers aren't always impressive, but he still shows the comebacks, management of the offense etc that shows people he likely will one day become a top QB. Bradford hasn't really done that.

Not bashing him, I've always thought people were a little harder on him than they should be, but he is what he is.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford really helped his stats with good games against Jax and Hou which also happened to be 2 of his 3 wins this season and they are both picking top 3 in the draft. Against tougher defenses he did not do much.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh. I think Bradford is what he is at this point. I'm disappointed.

I was a big Bradford fan when he was coming out, and I hope he can turn it around, but at this point I just don't see it.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Bradford really helped his stats with good games against Jax and Hou which also happened to be 2 of his 3 wins this season and they are both picking top 3 in the draft. Against tougher defenses he did not do much.
Houston was one of the better teams in the league as far as giving up passing yards.

I'd say Bradford could win with a good supporting cast around him which is why the Rams are going to go with him while they build up that offense.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:50 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Alex Smith went into a pretty grim situation. Same with practically every quarterback for the Browns and Raiders the last ten years. Maybe Bradford turns his career around, but I just have never understood the infatuation for him. He just isn't that good to me. And he plays his best football when it matters least.
Ness took the words right out of my mouth. I know that rosebud and a few others really like Bradford, but I just don't get it.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Carolina and Arizona aren't tough defenses?
Old 02-19-2014, 04:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Carolina and Arizona aren't tough defenses?
Arizona D had no clue what they were doing the first week, much like nearly every other NFL defense for some reason.

As for the Panthers, The Rams were already down 20-5 when Bradford has his TD against Carolina, and he had to drive them an amazing 7 yards for that one after a great return.

Number don't tell the whole story, but I still come away rather unimpressed
Old 02-19-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Arizona D had no clue what they were doing the first week, much like nearly every other NFL defense for some reason.

As for the Panthers, The Rams were already down 20-5 when Bradford has his TD against Carolina, and he had to drive them an amazing 7 yards for that one after a great return.

Number don't tell the whole story, but I still come away rather unimpressed
Yeah, like Sam's 65 yard TD to Tavon that was called back because of a dumb penalty.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:11 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bradford has talent, but the writer glosses over some of his pocket issues. He tends to crumble when forced off of his spot. Writer highlighted one or two plays where Bradford didn't but that isn't the trend that I've seen. Yeah I do think he's undersold somewhat but he was incredibly overrated earlier in his career, especially after his rookie season so it's balanced out.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:52 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NO Quarterback in the past 10 years has ever come in to a worse situation than what Bradford came into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never did see the appeal. I thought his high end would be someone like Matt Hasselbeck, and if that's going to be your high end, you better be close to that point already, and not have major injury and toughness concerns.

Don't see the point of taking a guy number 1 with so many issues unless his upside is super high, which it never was.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Didn't Oakland have a stud defense those years? That and Mcfadden alone make it a better situation.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't Oakland have a stud defense those years? That and Mcfadden alone make it a better situation.
Darren McFadden made it a better situation than Steven Jackson and Zac Stacy?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:22 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Darren McFadden made it a better situation than Steven Jackson and Zac Stacy?
Zac Stacy started 3 games with Bradford, Jacksonville, Houston, Carolina....Bradford's three best passing games of the season. Coincidence? I think not.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:36 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford is better than he gets credit for but he isn't as good as his defenders act like he is. He can be a good starting QB but I doubt he will ever be a top tier guy. Regardless of circumstances, he has been hurt too much and doesn't win enough games for me.

You can put all your chips on Bradford but I'd consider going another another way if a reasonable option presented itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:36 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, like Sam's 65 yard TD to Tavon that was called back because of a dumb penalty.
Chris Johnson had a long run that got called back that would have given him the rushing record. Still doesn't mean anything
Old 02-21-2014, 07:14 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good read. I thought he was doing great with what he had, regardless of who he played. Bradford was relayed heavily to start the season because, Darryl Richardson wasn't who we thought he was going to be and we didn't give Zac Stacy a shot yet. I thought he was figuring it out to put up a good season, then when I saw them in Carolina the worse thing happened to him. I'm glad were still sticking with him because I still believe in Bradford.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:30 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford needs a running game, better protection and a true #1 WR. I think Fisher and Snead are well aware of this. Hopefully they found their RB in Stacy, and I guarantee they will address the o-line. Too bad Saffold is a UFA though. Bradford has the size, arm strength and accuracy to be a top tier QB. He just has to put it all together this year.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:34 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the short, bittersweet summary of Sam Bradford.

Inconsistent.

The end.

That's how it is, he'll have a game where he looks like a Great QB, a Top of the pack Quarterback. And then he'll have a game right after that makes you wonder why the heck he's even playing in the league. His constant problem is his inaccuracy deep and it's frustrating because we're built with deep threat Wide Receivers that get over and under thrown. Sure, he'll make the 10yd-15yd passes but so can 99.9% of the NFL Quarterbacks that are getting paid 10x's less than Bradford.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote