Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Hard to seperate what's serious discussion in this thread from bull ****.

Anyone that even remotely condones what Rice did has some serious problems and probably should just keep their mouths shut.
Well once again I am not saying Rice was right in anyway I am just saying his fiancee was wrong also.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Well once again I am not saying Rice was right in anyway I am just saying his fiancee was wrong also.
That would be like someone trying to justify punching a 5 year old in the face for stealing a candy bar. Hey the kid did something wrong also, just sayin!
Old 02-20-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obligatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:13 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
That would be like someone trying to justify punching a 5 year old in the face for stealing a candy bar. Hey the kid did something wrong also, just sayin!
So you are saying we should treat woman like children?
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 02-20-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post

Obligatory.
This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Wall
Old 02-20-2014, 02:25 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
While I agree no one can act like that, just pointing out that no one in here is excusing her behavior.

Your recent comments are a stark contrast to your original comment:

Which is absolutely not the case. If all she did was spit, that is in no logical way her fault for being hit. It could have been another guy that spit at Rice, and it still wouldn't have been cause for being hit. If Rice was only spit on, it would be 100% his fault for having anger issues large enough to need to hit someone for it.
A dude spitting in another dude's face is most certainly cause for getting hit.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
The stigma of violence against women is silly.

I beat my sisters up all the time at thanksgiving, and then I sit on top of their bodies triumphantly and poot.
I just want to acknowledge how incredible this post is since no one else will.

You sir, are an entertainer and an icon.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you are saying we should treat woman like children?
I'm saying if a child spits at you or does something to you, you don't punch them in the face because of the damage it can cause. My uncle was murdered because someone hit him in the head. Ray Rice, someone much bigger than this woman, used excessive force to punch a woman in the face, knocking her out, when he most likely had no real danger to him or could handled it completely different.

So yeah, im comparing women to children in this case.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
I'm saying if a child spits at you or does something to you, you don't punch them in the face because of the damage it can cause. My uncle was murdered because someone hit him in the head. Ray Rice, someone much bigger than this woman, used excessive force to punch a woman in the face, knocking her out, when he most likely had no real danger to him or could handled it completely different.

So yeah, im comparing women to children in this case.
I am not saying that if someone spits on you you should hit them(Obviously you didn't see me clearly say that) I am saying that she knows that spitting on someone can result in getting punched in the face. If she doesn't or you don't know that than you live under a rock. If your uncle got hit for no reason then yea not his fault. If your uncle spit on someone and he got hit and died then yea it is his fault the same as the person who hit him. Sorry but you can't just do things and expect no consequence the same as Rice can't just assault a woman and expect nothing to happen. Once again for everyone who refuses to see that I am not saying it is OK or he had the right to hit her I will say it again. I DO NOT THINK HE WAS RIGHT OR SHOULD OF HIT HER BUT SHE IS AT FAULT TOO!

John Wall
Old 02-20-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
A dude spitting in another dude's face is most certainly cause for getting hit.
But not a woman? Why?

I'm not condoning any violence, Ray Rice is an asshole for hitting her. But I find it interesting where we draw the line. If it's as simple as "because she's a woman" it's just a massive double standard.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 02-20-2014 at 03:26 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No duh she was at fault too, that's why she was arrested as well.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
No duh she was at fault too, that's why she was arrested as well.
Yup that is all I was saying but when you don't come out and say Rice is scum everyone assumes you are saying good job you hit a woman.

John Wall
Old 02-20-2014, 03:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
But not a woman? Why?

I'm not condoning any violence, Ray Rice is an asshole for hitting her. But I find it interesting where we draw the line. If it's as simple as "because she's a woman" it's just a massive double standard.
I did not take a stance on that issue as to avoid a further argument; my opinion on that is my own. I was just pointing out that if you spit in another dude's face, you 100% deserve to get your ass beat. I think that is pretty obvious.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:41 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, it is people's opinions on what they would do. But at the end of the day, if you spit in my face, and I knock you out, I'm going to jail and have no one to blame but myself. That's the way I look at it.

Unless she physically harmed Rice or was a serious threat to do harm to him, Rice should be in jail and it would be 100% his fault.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is so, so terrible. I really don't want to elaborate or get into it with anyone but my god this is why I question our views as a society sometimes.

"BRO, SHE SPIT IN HIS FACE! CLEARLY SHE KNEW WHAT WAS COMING! BUT HEY, THEY DOESN'T MEAN I'M JUSTIFYING IT."

Uh, yes you are.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:10 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
This thread is so, so terrible. I really don't want to elaborate or get into it with anyone but my god this is why I question our views as a society sometimes.

"BRO, SHE SPIT IN HIS FACE! CLEARLY SHE KNEW WHAT WAS COMING! BUT HEY, THEY DOESN'T MEAN I'M JUSTIFYING IT."

Uh, yes you are.
Well, no.

If you're trying to avoid being hit, spitting in someone's face is quite a risky action to take. The person you spat on is probably going to get annoyed, and people do stupid things when they're angry. Being hit is a foreseeable outcome of spitting in someone's face...(and I wouldn't spit on someone for that reason, amongst others)

Quote:
justify

show or prove to be right or reasonable.
Just because getting hit is a foreseeable outcome, that doesn't mean punching anyone in that situation would be the right or reasonable thing to do. Punching someone because they spat on you is a stupid thing to do and Ray Rice is stupid for doing it.

There's no contradiction.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 02-20-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:12 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

How am I justifying it? I'm not saying he shouldn't be charged. I'm not saying that that is what he was supposed to do. I am simply saying that this stuff happens all the time and the woman always comes out the victim and the guy always looks like a piece of crap. No one cares what really goes on or why it happened. All they see is a woman get hit and everything else doesn't matter. That is the way it is in society and it's ********. Women should have to be held accountable for their actions too. If he hit a dude that was 105 lbs no one would be going at him that hard. The fact that it was a women makes everyone say screw the facts screw what really happened there is no reason to hit a woman and that is ********. Rice deserves what he gets because it was an assault but she deserves to be called a disgusting woman who provokes men into hitting her if Rice is going to now be labeled a woman beater. If you can explain how I am justifying it go ahead I am always open to admitting I am wrong but I know my argument is purely about the fact that women never get called trash for spitting or hitting men but as soon as it happens to them the man is a piece of ****. It's ********

John Wall
Old 02-20-2014, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Well, no.

If you're trying to avoid being hit, spitting in someone's face is quite a risky action to take. The person you spat on is probably going to get annoyed, and people do stupid things when they're angry. Being hit is a foreseeable outcome of spitting in someone's face...(and I wouldn't spit on someone for that reason, amongst others)

Just because getting hit is a foreseeable outcome, that doesn't mean punching anyone in that situation would the the right or reasonable thing to do. Punching someone because they spat on you is a stupid thing to do and Ray Rice is stupid for doing it.

There's no contradiction.
Saying "it's her fault for getting knocked out" was what was originally posted. That is ******* moronic.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
I am saying that she knows that spitting on someone can result in getting punched in the face.
You rep me for completely ignoring what you said but you completely didn't understand my post. I am saying no woman reasonably expects to get punched in the face for spitting on someone. If the man just walks away she looks like a complete *****. If he punches her in the face and knocks her out then he looks like a scoundrel.

My analogy to hitting a woman is like hitting a child went completely over your head, a kid should expect to get reprimanded for doing something wrong/stupid but not reasonably expect to get punched in the face. An athlete punching either in the face could cause serious harm and or death.

For you to be saying "well she was at fault too!" is your way of trying to find some little bit of a way to defend Ray Rice. No **** she is probably at fault in some way, I doubt Ray Rice was just like "Midnight, lets clock my fiance in the face!" That still doesn't give any justification to what he did, if in case he hit her hard enough to knock her out.

Since you were unable to grasp my previous post, I hope this one does not go over your head as well.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:18 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

It is her fault she got hit because if you spit on anyone and don't expect to get hit you are the idiot.

John Wall
Old 02-20-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
It is her fault she got hit because if you spit on anyone and don't expect to get hit you are the idiot.
Ok, remember that the next time you have a girlfriend or if you ever even get one. Tell me how it goes if she gets really pissed off at you in spits in your face or something.

There are most likely the outcomes

1.) You get angry and drive away

2.) You walk away

3.) You ***** her out for being disrespectful

4.) In any of the above cases you break up with her

5.) You punch her in the face causing serious damage and get arrested, leaving all of your friends and family to think you are a dirt bag.

Also - yes she is "the idiot" in this case clearly. Not the athlete who is solid muscle cold clocking his fiance and creating a media spectacle.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not fault though...

Expected outcome =/= fault.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Saying "it's her fault for getting knocked out" was what was originally posted. That is ******* moronic.
Well that's different to what you posted. I don't really want to get into assigning blame, but 1) it's not as black and white as "well Rice is at fault, so she has no fault at all" or vice versa, and 2) spitting in his face was reckless.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 02-20-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
It's not her fault. She didn't take his arm, and knock herself out. You act like he had no choice but to knock her out. Was his life threatened? Not from anything that's been reported.

You are an idiot if you think this is a reasonable response. And if you don't care what a player does for your team off the field then why are you posting here? Better yet, why are you trying to justify his response? You can try to say you don't agree with it all you want but you sure as hell justifying it. Either that or you don't know what justifying something is.

All in all, a REASONABLE response (still not really all that reasonable) would have been to spit back. To go from spitting to knocking her out is FAR beyond any justifiable or reasonable response. She should have not expected AT ALL to be hit.

Unless this is some sort of mistake, Rice is a scumbag and I hope Goodell bans the **** out of him.