Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-26-2014, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard Notre Dame guard Chris Watt ran a 6.67 3-cone drill at his pro day workout.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:06 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cody Latimer (WR, Indiana) still coming back from foot surgery so not cleared for change of direction stuff ran in the high 4.3/low 4.4 range and had a 39" vertical jump. Good player as well.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
Cody Latimer (WR, Indiana) still coming back from foot surgery so not cleared for change of direction stuff ran in the high 4.3/low 4.4 range and had a 39" vertical jump. Good player as well.
Solid round 3/4 type. Needs to work on his route running.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"The most intriguing pro day in the history of pro days"

I forgot just how much I hate Sportscenter

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im interested, but a scripted workout with no pass rush or defense is what it is lol
Old 03-27-2014, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there's any player I don't need to see throw the ball not in a live game it's him. Why do we care what he can do when he uses good mechanics, he never does in a game.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:14 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope mike evans plays like **** today, maybe an ankle sprain that will hold him out til about July
Old 03-27-2014, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Anything to get him to 15.

Anyone else hear the disgust of the ESPN anchors when they had to say they were leaving the glorified practice for a glorified baseball scrimmage?

Old 03-27-2014, 11:05 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

lol i did notice that.

This pro day needs more jake matthews, im watching it at work
Old 03-27-2014, 11:14 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The other thing I'm worried about is whether his velocity will translate into games. I feel he struggles to find throwing lanes at times and tends to throw over guys at times. At his Pro Day his velocity has looked good but I'm not sure what his release point is like and it seems to me that if he tries making throws like this in the pros he's going to have a lot of batted balls. I don't think his arm strength is a problem but it's possible his height will make it hard for him to drive the ball without having his passes batted down. Russell Wilson gets away with being short because he has a high release point and almost elite arm strength. I don't think it's a huge concern but it's something to consider.

His accuracy has been fantastic so far though.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel looks impressive. I think being prepared and performing well at his proday speaks to his maturity,competitiveness and work ethic. He is taking this all seriously, this should quell alot of uneasiness about him not being ready for the NFL and his party lifestyle etc.

On a side note:
Anybody find it bizarre that the Bucs are supposedly looking at QBs but the Jets and Bills aren't?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Manziel looks impressive. I think being prepared and performing well at his proday speaks to his maturity,competitiveness and work ethic. He is taking this all seriously, this should quell alot of uneasiness about him not being ready for the NFL and his party lifestyle etc.

On a side note:
Anybody find it bizarre that the Bucs are supposedly looking at QBs but the Jets and Bills aren't?
You can tell he's been working hard with Whitfield. Gotta like that. This pro day helped him a lot.

Jets should be looking, but with Geno last year and Vick just signed, plus a thin roster, I understand why they aren't targeting the position.

I definitely wouldn't if I was the Bills. EJ looked solid and his knee shoudl be cleaned up. I"m not 100% sold, but you don't give up that quickly on a guy you took in the middle of the first round. With more experience and
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:36 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

On a side note:
The Bucs have a new coach who has no ties to their QB. The Jets and Bills have coaches who picked their QBs last year. I don't think the Jets should feel too much loyalty to Geno since he was a 2nd round pick but the Bills took Manuel in the 1st so they have to give him some time.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
The Bucs have a new coach who has no ties to their QB. The Jets and Bills have coaches who picked their QBs last year. I don't think the Jets should feel too much loyalty to Geno since he was a 2nd round pick but the Bills took Manuel in the 1st so they have to give him some time.
True but Glennon played better than both Smith and Manuel. They also signed McCown as the starter. It almost seems like the Bucs are writing Glennon off after a promising rookie season. This is a deep draft so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills/Jets draft a QB with some upside.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

I hated Glennon as a prospect, i thought he looked terrible way more than he did anything well....but i thought he played pretty damn good last season. Lovie must HATE him lol
Old 03-27-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:

On a side note:
I relate it to about the expectations of graduating high school. If you do it, great you were supposed to. But if you don't, it's a massive blunder. How could you not be perfectly prepared for your pro day these guys situations?

I'm not surprised at all Tampa is looking. When you hire a guy like Lovie Smith he's going to want to get his guys in there.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 03-27-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Les Snead was there exclusively to watch Mike Evans.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manzie's Pro Day success was so predictable.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He answered all the questions on the field. The footwork, the accuracy, the arm strength.

I was most impressed with the deep ball. Best of anyone this year and maybe better than other top picks in recent years.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
He answered all the questions on the field. The footwork, the accuracy, the arm strength.

I was most impressed with the deep ball. Best of anyone this year and maybe better than other top picks in recent years.
He looked sloppy as hell dropping back from under center.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
He looked sloppy as hell dropping back from under center.
I don't claim to be an expert on things having to do with the technical part of the position but Kurt Warner didn't seem to have a problem with that.

It's one small part of the process but 9 out of 10 people are probably going to say he aced it today. I guess someone has to be the 1 out of 10.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:47 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I don't claim to be an expert on things having to do with the technical part of the position but Kurt Warner didn't seem to have a problem with that.

It's one small part of the process but 9 out of 10 people are probably going to say he aced it today. I guess someone has to be the 1 out of 10.
And with this kid 7 of those 10 just to want to puff him up regardless of what he does.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
And with this kid 7 of those 10 just to want to puff him up regardless of what he does.
Literally every thing I've seen you post about Manziel has been negative. I assume you see no strengths in his game whatsoever.

Also I've yet to hear you say a negative thing about a Florida State player.

I'll leave it at that.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
Literally every thing I've seen you post about Manziel has been negative. I assume you see no strengths in his game whatsoever.

Also I've yet to hear you say a negative thing about a Florida State player.

I'll leave it at that.
Go back to E.J. Manuel's thread, I had plenty of criticism, but still nailed the reasons he was a 1st Round pick. When the only thing to love about a player is his "intangibles" and is hyped up as a Top 10 pick, there is a major issue.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
Go back to E.J. Manuel's thread, I had plenty of criticism, but still nailed the reasons he was a 1st Round pick. When the only thing to love about a player is his "intangibles" and is hyped up as a Top 10 pick, there is a major issue.
Who said the only things good about Manziel are his intangibles? He showed an NFL arm, he's the best deep ball passer in the draft(and would be in most drafts), and he's fantastic at buying time and making plays outside the pocket.

Obviously he has his weaknesses, and I have no problem with people voicing those weaknesses and thinking he's overrated(I'd even agree with that), but acting like he's Tim Tebow is just ignorant.