Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-13-2014, 09:45 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you want to know a players "true" speed you look at the 10-40 yard and 20-40 yard segments.

A good or bad 10-yard can make or break or overall 40.

De'Anthony Thomas improved his 10-yard by .10 seconds today on his way to a high 4.3 time.

I don't trust the Official times nor the Unofficial times, so I've been measuring them myself.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Barr : 4.44
Evans : 4.32

apparently.
I personally thought that Barr could crack that number...but seeing all the other RIDICULOUS times makes it very hard for me to believe that Barr actually ran 4.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
If you want to know a players "true" speed you look at the 10-40 yard and 20-40 yard segments.

De'Anthony Thomas improved his 10-yard by .10 seconds today on his way to a high 4.3 time.

I don't trust the Official times nor the Unofficial times, so I've been measuring them myself.
Unofficial times are always in the hands of the guy pushing the stop watch, each team likely has varying times based on their own clockings, I doubt official times are used by most teams, they trust their own hand times a lot more.

So hand timing by yourself could only be a problem, because you may lack experience, other than that, why not.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post

At the combine Thomas ran a mid 4.3 and a low 4.4 and the official time was 4.5, more likely is he's a high 4.3 guy as you mentioned from his pro day.

Taylor Hart is a guy i think a lot of people have slept on. At 6-6 he looks to me like the prototype 3-4 DE with some athletic ability to boot. Ran a mid 4.8 at the pro day. Might be scheme specific but i wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the second round. The guy is one tough SOB.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Oregon State WR Micah Hatfield was timed at 6.38 in the 3-cone drill.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anybody seen anything about Marshall's Pro Day? I want to hear about Gator Hoskins.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:22 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Has anybody seen anything about Marshall's Pro Day? I want to hear about Gator Hoskins.
Marshall TE/FB/H-Back Gator Hoskins:

Vertical: 36.5"
Bench: 22 reps:

http://www.charlestondailymail.com/Sports/201403120266

The vertical is quite impressive at 244 lbs (Senior Bowl weight).
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgewater's Pro Day has been as close to a disaster as you can expect from a top QB prospect. He weighed in 6 pounds lighter than he did at the combine and his accuracy has been awful. He's looked really solid throwing on the run but his deep balls have been terrible and even some of his underneath throws haven't been great. It's really surprising for a guy that's generally accurate. I know Pro Days don't generally mean much to QB prospects but that's because they generally all do well but it's interesting to see what a bad Pro Day will do to his stock.

I still really like Teddy and I don't think this is really going to change my opinion of him but I wouldn't be surprised if his stock drops a bit.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He couldn't answer any questions and actually created more with a big flag on loosing pounds and the talk tha he was under 200 during the season.

I have been on this for weeks now but we might get 1 if not none of the QB's going in the top 10
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read reports that Teddy's throwing session was anything from "phenomenal" all the way down to "average at best."

Yay media.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:51 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I've read reports that Teddy's throwing session was anything from "phenomenal" all the way down to "average at best."

Yay media.
I've been a huge Bridgewater supporter and watched it live and IMO I'd say it was average at best. He had some very bad misses, especially down the field. The one thing I'd say was a positive were his throws on the run. He showed flashes where he was accurate and put the ball on the money but some of his throws were just awful. He threw high quite a bit which isn't a good sign.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
Bridgewater's Pro Day has been as close to a disaster as you can expect from a top QB prospect. He weighed in 6 pounds lighter than he did at the combine and his accuracy has been awful. He's looked really solid throwing on the run but his deep balls have been terrible and even some of his underneath throws haven't been great. It's really surprising for a guy that's generally accurate. I know Pro Days don't generally mean much to QB prospects but that's because they generally all do well but it's interesting to see what a bad Pro Day will do to his stock.

I still really like Teddy and I don't think this is really going to change my opinion of him but I wouldn't be surprised if his stock drops a bit.
His post season has been strange to say the least. Really had nothing to lose by throwing at the combine and now if more concerns come up then who knows where he lands.

Bridgewater seems like a pretty safe bet and maybe he turns out to be a late first steal like Aaron Rodgers but for now his stock seems to be in freefall.

Saw Dillon Quinn's name come up recently. Talk about a blast from the past. We need a sleeper thread.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

I didn't even realize it but people are mentioning the fact that he didn't wear gloves at the Pro Day. That's really strange since he's worn them throughout college and it's not like they're illegal in the NFL.

It depends on how much stock you put in the different parts of the evaluation process. Bridgewater's tape is fantastic but I've been less than impressed by everything regarding him this offseason. I still think the tape is by far the most important part of the process but I can understand why people would have their reservations regarding Bridgewater.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is reminding me more and more of Brady Quinn
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm supposed to ignore a good pro day because that's how it's supposed to go, but make a big deal of a pro day that's "average at best"? Nope, I'll stick to treating pro days like the minor piece of the puzzle that they are.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:24 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was reading on twitter that he had a bad day. Came to confirm.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:37 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
So I'm supposed to ignore a good pro day because that's how it's supposed to go, but make a big deal of a pro day that's "average at best"? Nope, I'll stick to treating pro days like the minor piece of the puzzle that they are.
The reason people generally ignore good pro days is because all top QB prospects have good pro days. Top guys are expected to have great pro days so it's a shock when one of them struggles.

I still think that Bridgewater's game is one that doesn't necessarily look great in shorts so it's not a huge surprise to see this, although I wasn't expecting it to be quite this bad. I'm expecting to hear great things about Derek Carr's pro day as he's the complete opposite. He looks great throwing in shorts but his flaws come out when you put a defense in front of him. I'm not sure exactly when it was but I definitely made a point about how Derek Carr was going to get pushed up boards this offseason and Bridgewater might fall a bit for these exact reasons.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I agree that it's just a piece of the puzzle, but a poor performance by a QB at a pro day is a much bigger deal than a good performance.

To me it's like the "cupcake" non-conference game for a big time football program. We don't learn much when Michigan destroys Delaware State 63-6, but when they lose to Appalachian State we should analyze it a little more.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He definitely didn't have the kind of pro day you'd expect a top ten pick QB to have. fwiw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I agree that it's just a piece of the puzzle, but a poor performance by a QB at a pro day is a much bigger deal than a good performance.

To me it's like the "cupcake" non-conference game for a big time football program. We don't learn much when Michigan destroys Delaware State 63-6, but when they lose to Appalachian State we should analyze it a little more.
^This.

No Qb is ever supposed to have a bad pro day, particularly in terms of accuracy. I didn't see it but it's a problem if Teddy didn't show off solid arm strength. I haven't heard one way or the other.

The biggest issue for me is that Teddy LOST WEIGHT since the combine!!

Iamcanadian nailed this one. He said Bridgewater was underweight and his combine weigh-in could be a bluff because teams were going to re-weigh him again at his pro day. Teddy and/or his agent screwed this up big time.

I Think Teddy eventually can fill out to 215#, but dropping from 214# to 208# since the combine is not a good look.

Would Minny draft Teddy?? Good fit IMO.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen where any report saying Bridgewater had a bad pro day. Instead It seems some reports are saying he didn't have a great pro day and then those reports are being messageboardized into 'he had a bad pro day'.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

For a top prospect an average pro day is a bad pro day. He had a worse pro day than Tajh Boyd and AJ McCarron. Again, it's not a huge deal IMO but it's worth noting and it's going to be talked about. At the end of the day though it was one bad day and that shouldn't be a big factor in the evaluation.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Average at best (Mayock) seemed to be be the common theme. Kurt Warner said he thought his throwing motion was an issue. Others said he showed a strong enough arm but accuracy was an issue.

Also reported to have run a 4.78 40. Probably not a big deal because he seems to have some escapability but in the context of his overall post season i'm not seeing a ton of positives. Teams will have to go to the tape to make their final decisions.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:15 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
He is reminding me more and more of Brady Quinn
Wow. You should never insult someone like that.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here the report on NFL.com from the workout.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...her-lackluster

I think it will cost him somewhat for sure. How much is anybody's guess. The weight loss is very interesting, can he add weight and keep it on during a season, or is he a 190 lbser for better or worse. He looks awful thin to me when I study his frame. The mechanical problems Warner mentions are something completely new for me and just adds on to the questions.