Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-17-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Here the report on NFL.com from the workout.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...her-lackluster

I think it will cost him somewhat for sure. How much is anybody's guess. The weight loss is very interesting, can he add weight and keep it on during a season, or is he a 190 lbser for better or worse. He looks awful thin to me when I study his frame. The mechanical problems Warner mentions are something completely new for me and just adds on to the questions.
Pretty much what was said. Any one of these issues (mechanics, weight, 40 time, accuracy) are probably nothing that can't be pushed aside because of some good tape but he's had an abysmal predraft period here.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
slats7
Rookie

slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he thinks he did "great"

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=106...goryid=2378529
slats7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to say his opinion doesn't count.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:47 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here the report on NFL.com from the workout.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...her-lackluster

I think it will cost him somewhat for sure. How much is anybody's guess. The weight loss is very interesting, can he add weight and keep it on during a season, or is he a 190 lbser for better or worse. He looks awful thin to me when I study his frame. The mechanical problems Warner mentions are something completely new for me and just adds on to the questions.
There's no way he's going to be 190 pounds in the NFL. At worst he'll max out at 210 in his career.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
There's no way he's going to be 190 pounds in the NFL. At worst he'll max out at 210 in his career.
I disagree, people's build sometimes cannot change. Bridgewater is a naturally thin guy and I doubt he can add much that will actually stay on during a season. Sure, preseason he can add 10 lbs, maybe a bit more, but it just won't stay on his build for very long. That is why scouts and GM's keep bringing it up, they have an awful lot of experience judging just how much weight a prospect can gain through working out and their opinion on Bridgewater seems very negative to me. You have to take it seriously and stop thinking he will automatically be able to gain weight simply because most people have no problem in that area.
My son is naturally thin, he played hockey at 6', 0", 144 lbs, he was 144 lbs throughout high school and at 35, he still weighs 144 lbs today. He can eat like a horse but it just doesn't stick to his body, I wish I was so lucky.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:47 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wrong about Teddy's weight but losing 6 pounds since the combine is totally different than dropping almost 20# during the season all the way down to 190#!!!

That's crazy.

I think some team is going to draft Teddy and tell the strength and conditioning coach to kick his ass in the offseason.

IMO Bridgewater is not a fan of the weight room and doesn't like to lift. Probably doesn't see the point since he played at such a high level during the season.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he was doing speed work for the 40, it makes sense that he lost a little bit of weight.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I was wrong about Teddy's weight but losing 6 pounds since the combine is totally different than dropping almost 20# during the season all the way down to 190#!!!

That's crazy.

I think some team is going to draft Teddy and tell the strength and conditioning coach to kick his ass in the offseason.

IMO Bridgewater is not a fan of the weight room and doesn't like to lift. Probably doesn't see the point since he played at such a high level during the season.
I can eat 5 to 10 lbs right before my weigh in too, can he actually keep it on, I just don't know but I trust that when NFL GM's and scouts worry about a prospect's build, it is because they have done their homework including with Louisville's trainer and have concluded that weight will always be a problem for Bridgewater. It just cannot be wished away with the idea that of course, with training, he can add weight. If he can't, your stuck with a 190 lbs QB and how long will he survive in the brutal NFL.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
If he was doing speed work for the 40, it makes sense that he lost a little bit of weight.
I'm pretty sure that a pocket QB and his agent, couldn't care less about his 40 time, film will tell scouts if he can move around the pocket well enough to have a reasonable amount of escapability. He had to know that weight is his key stumbling block, his agent, I'm sure follows everything about his client, I'd bet they even tried exceptionally hard to retain the weight he gained for his Combine weigh in and he just couldn't do it. He's simply a naturally thin person.

If in 5 or 10 years, he maintains around 215 lbs., you can all point at me and say, 'I told you so', you misread the signs and his weight isn't a problem. You just cannot say it right now.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 03-17-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I s Florida's pro day or was it today? There any links to the results?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Why would he be doing "speed work"? It would seem to make more sense that in Bridgewater's case his weigh-in would be more crucial than his 40 time considering that no one sees him as a running option anyway, whereas many scouts are likely concerned over his physical build and ability to carry weight.

To me it seems more likely that he is simply having trouble holding weight (which many people have already speculated/predicted), as opposed to him consciously dropping weight in order to run faster.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:27 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree, people's build sometimes cannot change. Bridgewater is a naturally thin guy and I doubt he can add much that will actually stay on during a season. Sure, preseason he can add 10 lbs, maybe a bit more, but it just won't stay on his build for very long. That is why scouts and GM's keep bringing it up, they have an awful lot of experience judging just how much weight a prospect can gain through working out and their opinion on Bridgewater seems very negative to me. You have to take it seriously and stop thinking he will automatically be able to gain weight simply because most people have no problem in that area.
My son is naturally thin, he played hockey at 6', 0", 144 lbs, he was 144 lbs throughout high school and at 35, he still weighs 144 lbs today. He can eat like a horse but it just doesn't stick to his body, I wish I was so lucky.
As far as we know he's played above 190 lbs since his sophomore season. I have no idea how you expect him to lose weight as he matures and gets into an NFL weight room and diet program.

I can understand the idea of saying that weight may be an issue, although I'm going to take a wait and see approach especially given the reports about his jaw surgery last offseason that made it difficult for him to gain weight. However, it's completely ridiculous to say he's going to play in the pros at a weight that he hasn't played at since probably high school.

Like I said 210 may end up being his max, which is an issue but don't exaggerate it.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just hoping he doesn't fall all the way to Arizona.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:40 AM    (permalink
lacotomo
Rookie

lacotomo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I saw post workout interview and he told Mayock that he has had a cold all week and wasn't feeling well, thus the 6lb. weight loss.... FWIW.
lacotomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
Bridgewater's Pro Day has been as close to a disaster as you can expect from a top QB prospect. He weighed in 6 pounds lighter than he did at the combine and his accuracy has been awful. He's looked really solid throwing on the run but his deep balls have been terrible and even some of his underneath throws haven't been great. It's really surprising for a guy that's generally accurate. I know Pro Days don't generally mean much to QB prospects but that's because they generally all do well but it's interesting to see what a bad Pro Day will do to his stock.

I still really like Teddy and I don't think this is really going to change my opinion of him but I wouldn't be surprised if his stock drops a bit.
His lousy Pro Day is great news to me. I've been saying all along...that the Bucs NEED this guy... and now, maybe he falls to us.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
His lousy Pro Day is great news to me. I've been saying all along...that the Bucs NEED this guy... and now, maybe he falls to us.
Your odds on all the QB's is improving IMO, however, experience has taught me that prospects don't drop a whole lot at this point in the process no matter what, unless a crime is involved or drugs. Seniors have been studied endlessly for a full year, everything has been documented on them from performance to how their teachers and teammates in high school viewed them. Every stone has been turned over. It is different for juniors and small school athletes.

BW's film work got him mentioned as the #1 overall pick and that is still a strong point in his favour, just have to see how it plays out at his individual workouts for different teams.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bridgewater is a very young man. Body builds can be changed dramatically over time. When I turned 20, I weighed a whopping 130 lbs. I then decided I didn't want to be confused with a jockey anymore and nearly lived in the gym. I ate til it hurt, I lifted til I couldn't lift anymore and within five years I was 165 or so with the same body fat. I got my weight as high as 210 (and at 5'7 that was a lot of weight) before bringing my weight into a far more attractive 180-185 lb area it is now.

People can gain weight naturally,. but it is a matter of sports science, you have to lift, you have to take in more calories than you expend, and you have to get in your protein. I was a personal trainer for years hearing about how people could never gain weight or muscle or whatever and then I train with them for a little bit and they start packing the muscle on.

As for Bridgewater... I disagree about his body type...he's an ectomorph in his arms and legs, and likely an endomorph in his trunk. He does/will likely have issues gaining GOOD bodyweight, because to me, he looks like a skinny guy that is destined to an unhealthy fat guy. He carries too much loose weight in his face and neck area as it is, his legs are spindly, it will be hard, but in two years it would be a major upset if he weren't weighing at least 220.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:37 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Your odds on all the QB's is improving IMO, however, experience has taught me that prospects don't drop a whole lot at this point in the process no matter what, unless a crime is involved or drugs. Seniors have been studied endlessly for a full year, everything has been documented on them from performance to how their teachers and teammates in high school viewed them. Every stone has been turned over. It is different for juniors and small school athletes.

BW's film work got him mentioned as the #1 overall pick and that is still a strong point in his favour, just have to see how it plays out at his individual workouts for different teams.
I know this... but the Pro Day gives me more hope that I didn't have much of before. I'm hoping he sucked in some interviews and accidentally flipped boogers on Bill O'Brien and Gus Bradley.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:52 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
Why would he be doing "speed work"? It would seem to make more sense that in Bridgewater's case his weigh-in would be more crucial than his 40 time considering that no one sees him as a running option anyway, whereas many scouts are likely concerned over his physical build and ability to carry weight.

To me it seems more likely that he is simply having trouble holding weight (which many people have already speculated/predicted), as opposed to him consciously dropping weight in order to run faster.
Well everyone whined their arses off when Teddy didn't run at the combine.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Bridgewater is a very young man. Body builds can be changed dramatically over time. When I turned 20, I weighed a whopping 130 lbs. I then decided I didn't want to be confused with a jockey anymore and nearly lived in the gym. I ate til it hurt, I lifted til I couldn't lift anymore and within five years I was 165 or so with the same body fat. I got my weight as high as 210 (and at 5'7 that was a lot of weight) before bringing my weight into a far more attractive 180-185 lb area it is now.

People can gain weight naturally,. but it is a matter of sports science, you have to lift, you have to take in more calories than you expend, and you have to get in your protein. I was a personal trainer for years hearing about how people could never gain weight or muscle or whatever and then I train with them for a little bit and they start packing the muscle on.

As for Bridgewater... I disagree about his body type...he's an ectomorph in his arms and legs, and likely an endomorph in his trunk. He does/will likely have issues gaining GOOD bodyweight, because to me, he looks like a skinny guy that is destined to an unhealthy fat guy. He carries too much loose weight in his face and neck area as it is, his legs are spindly, it will be hard, but in two years it would be a major upset if he weren't weighing at least 220.
Great read, TXS. Never too old to learn new info. The trouble is, NFL QB's spend a huge amount of time doing film work in their spare time if they want success at the next level, will he actually have the time to spend on building up his body as you suggest, it sounds like a full time thing to me. Add in your incentive to do it, will he be that modivated.

We are talking about a prospect and he'll be judged on that, he obviously had access in college to all you suggest but he never took advantage of it, so will he as a pro with a heck of a lot more responsibilities that consume his time. I think pro scouts and GM's tend to look at a guy and say that is what we are getting, not everybody is as committed as Tom Brady, there is no way a scout or GM can measure that kind of commitment otherwise Brady would have been drafted much higher. I'm not seeing BW saying, don't worry about my weight, I'm absolutely determined to build my body up, that is just suggestions from draftniks who don't have to put in the work.

Anyways, txs again for the information, every little bit helps.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:

We are talking about a prospect and he'll be judged on that, he obviously had access in college to all you suggest but he never took advantage of it, so will he as a pro with a heck of a lot more responsibilities that consume his time. I think pro scouts and GM's tend to look at a guy and say that is what we are getting, not everybody is as committed as Tom Brady, there is no way a scout or GM can measure that kind of commitment otherwise Brady would have been drafted much higher. I'm not seeing BW saying, don't worry about my weight, I'm absolutely determined to build my body up, that is just suggestions from draftniks who don't have to put in the work.

Anyways, txs again for the information, every little bit helps.
Just him being in the NFL atmosphere will force him to lift and eat well on a regular basis. Tom Brady, as you mentioned, had one or two more years in college and still made Teddy look like Charles Atlas (if you go by Brady's combine photo). The fact is, perhaps Teddy HAS been taking advantage of it and either a) like most ecto and endo morphs, he's a hard gainer or b) He came into college significantly smaller than what he is now. He was Florida guy that wasn't really recruited by the Florida schools...perhaps instead of 190 out of high school he was more like 175...or even 165... and perhaps he's worked his way all the way to 205-210. And like I said, at his age and what he'll be doing, he will weigh 220 lbs in two years. Ten lbs. is nothing to somebody 6'3.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Wilder Jr. put up a 4.5 forty after the disaster at the Combine.

Terrance Brooks has been looking great in every drill.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post

Florida St defensive players were top notch in every drill at the combine. Brooks, Joyner, Telvin Smith, Jones, Jernigan.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Florida St defensive players were top notch in every drill at the combine. Brooks, Joyner, Telvin Smith, Jones, Jernigan.
National champions always seem to get overdrafted though, weaker GM's cannot resist drafting them too high. Not saying a few of them won't turnout great, but sometimes playing beside a star makes your performance seem better than it really is. Look at Richardson from Alabama, obviously, his OL made him look a lot better than he actually was.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post

Sorry, but Wilder ran an unofficial 4.66 and a 4.64. Not great if you ask me.