Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-18-2014, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Jernigan got tired again
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:41 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Sorry, but Wilder ran an unofficial 4.66 and a 4.64. Not great if you ask me.
Still 10x better than his 4.86 at the combine. I'm a fan of Wilder and think he'll be a starting caliber tailback at the next level.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Still 10x better than his 4.86 at the combine. I'm a fan of Wilder and think he'll be a starting caliber tailback at the next level.
Well, it isn't impossible, but the only RB I know who ran that slow at the Combine, was Moreno, that's one out of hundreds I've followed, not the best % in predicting future success.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:16 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Well, it isn't impossible, but the only RB I know who ran that slow at the Combine, was Moreno, that's one out of hundreds I've followed, not the best % in predicting future success.
Knoshown? I thought he ran in the 4.6s?
Old 03-19-2014, 12:27 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excited to hear about Storm Johnson tomorrow. I see Thomas Jones in him. Probably just as interested to hear about him as I am about Bortles (who, no matter what he does, I still think is going #1).
Old 03-19-2014, 01:41 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Excited to hear about Storm Johnson tomorrow. I see Thomas Jones in him. Probably just as interested to hear about him as I am about Bortles (who, no matter what he does, I still think is going #1).
Love Storm Johnson, I think he's a top 10 RB in this class.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless Bortles bombs today, I'd be shocked if he didn't go number one overall. He was very impressive throwing at the combine (asside from his comeback routes being a little high) so I doubt he'll do poorly in a scripted session.

As for Johnson, I expect him to improve on most of his combine numbers. Hopefully he shows a little bit more pass catching ability today. I see him as a poor man's Fred Taylor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bortles is warming up to throw right now. You can watch it at jaguars.com if you so desire.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 03-19-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like the camera angle they're showing on NFL network right now. Why are we seeing the backfield instead of down the field?

His velocity and footwork have both looked good so far.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall a very good Pro Day for Bortles IMO.

His velocity was very good throughout the workout as he was able to drive the ball on pretty much every throw. I thought his velocity was very inconsistent at times last season but here he showed the arm you expect from a guy his size. His first deep ball fluttered but every other one he threw looked great.

His footwork was much better than it was this past season. That's obviously expected without a defense in front of him and it'll be interesting to see if he can keep that going in games. Basically he did all he could to answer those questions.

He was also good with his ball placement. He generally hit guys in stride and when he missed it was never in a bad spot. His deep passes were always in front of his receivers which is obviously where you want them to be.

Overall I'd say it was basically everything he could hope for it to be. The tape still takes precedence but it was nice to see him throw with consistent velocity, footwork, and touch. He looked like an NFL QB today.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For a scripted workout i can't ever remember a guy being asked to make such a wide variety of throws.

Thought the footwork, balance and arm strength was all top shelf. Reminded me of Andrew Luck as far as the body type and overall skill set.

All that was missing was the Houston Texan t-shirt.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

His big issue was throwing high. He did this in the combine and even during warmups. That was not an issue today for him. Mechanics and delivery looked much improved. I'd be surprised if he isn't the top pick and I can't wait to see him improve working for a supposed QB guru like BOB.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-19-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems a no brainier to me that he's the pick for the Texans.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was televised????? Damnit.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Seems a no brainier to me that he's the pick for the Texans.
Yah, I think its been down to him or Clowney for a while.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:08 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

For some reason all my Jaguars fans are hoping for Bortles to go to the Texans. Bridgewater may be more "pro-ready" but if you have faith in your coaches, Bortles is the better pick.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-19-2014, 04:13 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So bortles looked good today eh guys? I would want him over the others as well. Just physical wise. Wish I had may 8th off. Gonna be a fun first round.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:50 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he missed like 9 throws. How does one look good at a pro-day and miss 9 throws?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
I thought he missed like 9 throws. How does one look good at a pro-day and miss 9 throws?
He showed great velocity and footwork. A lot of his misses were on deep balls that he overthrew a bit but that's much better than under throwing them. There were also at least 2 drops. No WTF? throws like Bridgewater.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His footwork was much improved over the combine. If a month of working on something with Bortles equals that much results, teams salivate at what a year will do.

So what if he overthrew some passes; he showed the ability to learn and adapt his game. You can teach a QB how to improve his accuracy, you can't teach a QB size, a natural arm and plus movement skills. Plus he was money on the intermediate throws and that's really a good sign, footwork and motion work will improve deep throws quickly; see Rodgers, Aaron.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Balls. I just realized I have to work tomorrow during Stanford's Pro day. I might have to get sick. I can at least get to watch the outdoor work outs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
He showed great velocity and footwork. A lot of his misses were on deep balls that he overthrew a bit but that's much better than under throwing them. There were also at least 2 drops. No WTF? throws like Bridgewater.
Bridgewater didn't really under-throw guys, but he was off-target.

I didn't watch either pro day in full, but it's funny to me how one guy has a great pro day and misses 9(?) passes, and the other guy is off on 7(?) and it's a disaster.

Bridgewater is still the more accurate thrower, but Bortles is better prepared to handle the contact in the NFL.

I like both guys, and Manziel. IMO whoever gets selected 1st, 2nd or third is the right pick for the team that drafts them.

Teddy is more textbook, Bortles is in that Roethlisberger/Cutler mode and Manziel is in his own category, but all of them I think will find a way to get it done at the next level.

If I had to pick which one is going to be the better rookie QB, it would be Bridgewater right now, not knowing which team he's going to play for.

No brainer if TB goes to Cleveland or Minny, less so if it's Jax or Oakland.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:06 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard many of those misses came near the end of the workout when he was clearly tired, which I'm not sure if that's a good or bad excuse.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I heard many of those misses came near the end of the workout when he was clearly tired, which I'm not sure if that's a good or bad excuse.
A few of those misses were drops. Some were on deep balls that were overthrown.

Comp % at a pro day is probably the last thing you evaluate.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:24 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
A few of those misses were drops. Some were on deep balls that were overthrown.

Comp % at a pro day is probably the last thing you evaluate.
Speaking of which, I hear David Fales had an amazing Pro Day, in which there was only one incompletion in his scripted session.