Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is best after Megatron
Dez B 17 14.53%
Demarius 3 2.56%
Julio J 7 5.98%
AJ Green 54 46.15%
Josh Gordon 32 27.35%
Fitzgerald 2 1.71%
Marshall 2 1.71%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Green, but I still argue Julio Jones has just as much talent as any WR in the league. Gordon will be beastly if he actually gets a QB too

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gordon has no QB, but that's part of the reason he's so heavily targeted at the same time. A better QB will spread it around a bit more. Gordon will still do his thing, and he's a stud, but he probably won't play 14 games and lead the league in yardage. JMO. That's not a knock on him either, he's right in the conversation with Green,Bryant and Jones.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:04 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Gordon has no QB, but that's part of the reason he's so heavily targeted at the same time. A better QB will spread it around a bit more. Gordon will still do his thing, and he's a stud, but he probably won't play 14 games and lead the league in yardage. JMO. That's not a knock on him either, he's right in the conversation with Green,Bryant and Jones.
Gordon was targeted a comparable amount to everyone on this list besides Demaryius and Fitzgerald, and even in that case we're talking 15 targets for Demaryius.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julio has the height/weight/speed combo, but I don't think he's just as talented as AJ Green.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly can't figure Gordon out. He's not the physical talent that Johnson or even Julio Jones is IMO, and he's not the polished technician that guys like AJ Green or a young Larry Fitzgerald are. But he's dominant.

I think he's just one of those guys that has athletic traits at an elite level that don't show up in workouts, like quickness, balance, body control, and a good sense of the field.

All of his traits added up should put him below guys like AJ, Dez, and Julio to me, but he just keeps out producing them.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Josh Gordon. He's only in his second year but considering the average or worse play at QB, no running game, no other receivers that are a threat whatsoever and an OL thats only strong at two of the five positions, you can see why I voted for Gordon. Despite all that, he still dominated and by the way, he did that in 14 games as opposed to 16. Only negative against Gordon is the fact that he's one screw up away from a year long suspension. As long as he doesnt do anything stupid, he's the closest you're going to get to Megatron.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get the love for AJ Green so much.

I think Dez is better.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I honestly can't figure Gordon out. He's not the physical talent that Johnson or even Julio Jones is IMO, and he's not the polished technician that guys like AJ Green or a young Larry Fitzgerald are. But he's dominant.

I think he's just one of those guys that has athletic traits at an elite level that don't show up in workouts, like quickness, balance, body control, and a good sense of the field.

All of his traits added up should put him below guys like AJ, Dez, and Julio to me, but he just keeps out producing them.
His game is speed, strength, and size. Like Dan said, hes the closest thing to Megatron in the league. Once he improved his routes he became unstoppable. He's stronger than Green. I wont say hes as strong as Dez and Julio but hes not that far behind. He's a lot stronger than he appears or plays like. He just doesnt attack the ball as well as the others but he's got more gears than any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Josh Gordon a hell of a lot when he was coming out of Baylor, and I like him even more now. If I could pick any WR in the league, taking age into consideration, it'd be him.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Gordon was targeted a comparable amount to everyone on this list besides Demaryius and Fitzgerald, and even in that case we're talking 15 targets for Demaryius.
in 2 less games.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a reason Cleveland early in the season, tried to trade Gordon, he is a complete idiot and a real problem off the field and in the locker room. Sure, he talented, but with his personality, I doubt Cleveland will ever be a champion even if they find a QB. This guy will end up playing for a # of losing franchises throughout his career. He's pure poison.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
There is a reason Cleveland early in the season, tried to trade Gordon, he is a complete idiot and a real problem off the field and in the locker room. Sure, he talented, but with his personality, I doubt Cleveland will ever be a champion even if they find a QB. This guy will end up playing for a # of losing franchises throughout his career. He's pure poison.
^ Didn't they say the same thing about Terrell Owens?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I liked Josh Gordon a hell of a lot when he was coming out of Baylor, and I like him even more now. If I could pick any WR in the league, taking age into consideration, it'd be him.
And none of those things make him less of a receiver on the field.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How? When he scores a TD are the refs going to disallow it because he has smoked a joint in his life, or does it count for 6 points like any other TD that has ever happened in the history of the sport? Do you think the Patriots lost the '08 Super Bowl because Randy Moss was just too gosh dern distracting?

Or maybe you're just regurgitating things you've heard from 112 year old sportswriters who think NFL lockerrooms are filled with weak willed people that can't possibly co-exist with differing personalities without it significantly impacting their job performance.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We know he's in the disciplinary program but this is rather harsh. Which NFLN source are you hearing this from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uhhhh what? If this were the case he would have been traded and it wouldn't have been hard to find a suitor. He doesn't seem to have a bad personality from what I have seen he just needs to stop smoking. He just uploaded pictures of himself at Ronald McDonald houses spending time with a bunch of sick kids. How can you even call him poison in the locker room if the only dumb thing he has done is recreational.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
ow can you even call him poison in the locker room if the only dumb thing he has done is recreational.
Especially for a substance that may not even be illegal by the time his career is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Dez just ahead of Green. Not sure how Alshon is even mentioned but I dont think Marshall is that far off.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:04 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you get naked and sit on your keyboard or does the **** literally come out of your mouth?
Old 03-29-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

josh gordon is the 2nd biggest asshole in the nfl

source: my imagination

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 03-29-2014 at 03:21 PM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Once his contract expires, does he become more poison or less poison?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I'd take Dez just ahead of Green. Not sure how Alshon is even mentioned but I dont think Marshall is that far off.
Agree.
Dez is a phenomenal receiver.

From the games I have seen of AJ, he's not quite as good as Dez or even Julio Jones.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:10 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I'm off, but I've never really read or heard anything awful about Josh Gordon as a teammate.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:35 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gordon had the highest yards per target of any of these players last season. Given the QB's he was working with and the lack of a supporting cast, very impressive. Based on last season, it's Gordon, and it's not very close.

Most of these guys are young, so I wouldn't be comfortable etching any of their names in stone, but Gordon - to date - is the most impressive.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...-pass-catchers

They seem to agree with us kind of.....