Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 04-01-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodeur gets honorable mention MVP? He spent the first few days getting yelled at by McGee to do anything and then spent the rest trying to get Caddy lynched...I get that he had a tough wincon (which he technically didn't meet since there wasn't more Lannisters than others) but I don't get that one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
As long as these days (and nights) were, I would have been silenced for a real world week...

Would there have been a message to the town that I was out of action?
It wouldn't say BB was silenced but it would have said Bran was pushed out of a window.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Brodeur gets honorable mention MVP? He spent the first few days getting yelled at by McGee to do anything and then spent the rest trying to get Caddy lynched...I get that he had a tough wincon (which he technically didn't meet since there wasn't more Lannisters than others) but I don't get that one.
Brodeur, Caddy, and DG all kept the town on track and not killing lannisters a couple of times so I feel he had a direct role in his wincon. Although I could easily put Vidae and BB in that set too. I think BB should really be in that spot TBH.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-01-2014, 10:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To show how much knowing the theme matters in these games, I'm 0-3 in DBZ games. Here I win, survive, and even get a little MVP consideration, despite not knowing a damn thing about the show coming in.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Brodeur, Caddy, and DG all kept the town on track and not killing lannisters a couple of times so I feel he had a direct role in his wincon. Although I could easily put Vidae and BB in that set too. I think BB should really be in that spot TBH.
Honestly, the town as a whole played a very good game. DG was definitively the MVP, but beyond that, I think everyone in the town played well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-01-2014, 10:30 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I nominate myself because I trusted DG the entire way and saved Rufus. Also, totally nailed JR as scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a fun game everyone! Pretty tough game for the mafia to eliminate everyone without the help of a night killing SK. Especially with so many players. I thought for sure the factions would go against each other for the crown. When it came out that Joffrey and the Lannisters were actually good people in this game, that threw me off considering the show doesn't really reflect that.

I investigated Caddy night 1 and thought him showing up as Joffrey was an awesome find, but then it turned out he was just a town member and I couldn't really expose him.

Had a lot of fun and learned some new things.

Here's my role:

You are Peter Bailish you are the Serial Killer in this game ... with a twist. You don't kill you create chaos. You have the ability to...

1. Find someone's role.
2. Find someone's win condition
3. Find someone's character
4. mess up someone's results
5. Block any action
6. Send ravens to other players
7. frame someone.

Remember Chaos is a ladder.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broth, would I have won if Joffrey took the throne?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was really hoping the king died. I did love commuting and because I knew my win condition could change I just wanted to stay alive.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice Job DG! Impressive game sir.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats DG. I played balls to the wall Day One, in retrospect now stupidly, knowing I wasn't going to be lynched because of a lack of info. Didn't anticipate it not going to RR. It sucks but I felt like I had to change my game from DBZ and unfortunately none of me/Trog/JR knew each other were mafia and ended up stumbling over one another along the way.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Part 2

Fenikz was Melisandre

After using her smoke baby there would have been additional crazy Rhilor kills
Had Robert DIED! (**** you DG!)

Elvis was Renley Baratheon

Had Robert died Renly would have gained a 2x ability to recruit any player who isn't head of house to join his army.

Cain was Daenerys Targaryen

After day 1 mafia would find out who each other are. With each dead targaryen Daenerys would gain an ability.
Drogo gained dragons
Jorah 1x shield
Selmy 1x unblockable kill
Viserys 1x ninja kill

Bulldogs was Viserys

Viserys was backup cain. If BD had voted for Cain even if she wasn't lynched then Khal and cain would have gotten an option to kill BD in exchange for a double kill.

Cigaro was Khal Drogo

The first time drogo uses his ability he was wounded and would get a 50/50 chance to live the next day every day. Had Daenerys died drogo would have had a 3 kill night.

Trog was Jorah Mormot

Had Danerys died Jorah would have become a Jester hoping for death.

JR was Bariston Selmy

Barriston had no triggers was originally going to be a baratheon until Robert died but didn't feel like including Illerio.

Caddy was Joffery Baratheon

Had Joffery became king he would have had the 2x ability to ignore the vote and select who to lynch personally.

Scotty was Jaime Lannister

More basic triggers but ultimately I was on the fence on what would have happened had stannis cut his hand off.

D-Unit was Peter Baelish

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-01-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Broth, would I have won if Joffrey took the throne?
Yes HAD ROBERT DIED! Joffery would be king and your wincon would have been met assuming he didn't die.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-01-2014, 11:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not knowing our fellow mafia members was rough. Hell, I wasn't even sure I was mafia until after the first day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game could have devolved into madness. I'm not sure whether the fact that it didn't is a good thing or a bad thing though.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry everyone.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Sorry everyone.
You should only be sorry for my death.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-01-2014, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Had Robert died
Had Robert died
Had Robert died
Had Robert died
Had Robert died

Dude no offense but I was actively rooting against you starting day 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
That pretty wild, broth. Nobody trusted anyone and the claims making each person seem like duplicative powers made everyone seem like the had to be a giant ******* liar. lol
I did that on purpose. My purpose in this game was to find a way to make role/character claims disadvantageous. So I had to find roles that were just crazy to think someone actually had without breaking the game. Also I could not expect DG nailing a mafia day 1.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-01-2014, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I did that on purpose. My purpose in this game was to find a way to make role/character claims disadvantageous. So I had to find roles that were just crazy to think someone actually had without breaking the game. Also I could not expect DG nailing a mafia day 1.
I want it on the record that I helped.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Sorry everyone.
Hey, I'm glad. Got to win and survive and never had to put up with the Lannister's BS. Good god would they have been annoying if they got on the throne.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To show how much knowing the theme matters in these games, I'm 0-3 in DBZ games. Here I win, survive, and even get a little MVP consideration, despite not knowing a damn thing about the show coming in.
I lose all the games I get excited about, then fall in to perfect games without knowing what a "Trunks" is.

No Theon as even a safeclaim seemed odd to me. There are just so many characters. Admittedly, he was my first thought as to who would be a safeclaim once it seemed that Jon was. I didn't see Arya coming, should have known better from Cain hinting a little too obviously.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, I'm glad. Got to win and survive and never had to put up with the Lannister's BS. Good god would they have been annoying if they got on the throne.
Wouldn't have been that bad. If I was king I would've just changed the lynch to Brody and/or Gonzo.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I pushed BD the hardest! Damnit!

Honestly though, good game everyone and good job runnin it broth. It was really f'ing entertaining to watch **** go down.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Finally got to be SK for once and Broth tells me I can't kill. :/