Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 04-02-2014, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a lot of fun. I figured I could clear myself at any time with my 1x ability so I kind of kicked back a bit and also figured I had to commute every night as I will never get that ability again. I wanted to keep lynching scum but I was hoping it devolved into a faction war and if so I wanted to go after anybody who seemed anti Lannister or like they wanted me dead.

I am also fairly sure this is the first time I have made it to the end of a game in at least a year. I can't actually remember the last time. D had a pretty sweet role. I actually liked that he had to cause chaos but I was really hoping for more 1x or trigger vig abilities. My commute ended up being kind of useless.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:17 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jballa, why didn't you protect me when I relieved as a role cop?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew my wincon was f'd the night of the double Stark deaths and all of the Lannisters were pretty damn invinsible.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:46 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Finally got to be SK for once and Broth tells me I can't kill. :/
Bad luck Brian meets Thumper the ski instructor.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to sound like the typical losers in this but ****...

Looking over those roles I have no idea how we were going to win. To start the game I didn't know who anyone but Bulldogs was so automatically having the rest of the mafia call one another out was clearly a premonition of things to come.

Couple that with only defensive abilities to start and we were hardcore screwed. I like the idea of an "Absorber" per say in the Mafia but that role is designed to keep the mafia at strength after losing a player it doesn't make them stronger in any way.

Either way while the game DRAGGED like no other, I had fun. Trying to manipulate the game based upon the potential factional play was great. I wished it would have been more successful as their is always the chance things could have ended differently.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post

Looking over those roles I have no idea how we were going to win. To start the game I didn't know who anyone but Bulldogs was so automatically having the rest of the mafia call one another out was clearly a premonition of things to come.

Couple that with only defensive abilities to start and we were hardcore screwed. I like the idea of an "Absorber" per say in the Mafia but that role is designed to keep the mafia at strength after losing a player it doesn't make them stronger in any way.

Either way while the game DRAGGED like no other, I had fun. Trying to manipulate the game based upon the potential factional play was great. I wished it would have been more successful as their is always the chance things could have ended differently.
If you had gotten those dragons a little earlier and you couldn't be tracked, I think you would have had the ability to take the town down. The Lannisters ability to defend themselves was was extremely stong but with some strong man ability you would have had the ability to do some damage there as well if you chose.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really needed the King to die and, the earlier, the better.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
You really needed the King to die and, the earlier, the better.
Yea, that's what I said to him on chat. The game was really designed to go apeshit once the king died. Naturally, the king never died. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can design an awesome game, but never put it past the players to find a way to **** all your plans up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:29 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
If you had gotten those dragons a little earlier and you couldn't be tracked, I think you would have had the ability to take the town down. The Lannisters ability to defend themselves was was extremely stong but with some strong man ability you would have had the ability to do some damage there as well if you chose.
Oh I know but that comes at the death of other Mafia members and even the Dragon Kills weren't in addition to the factional kill which kinda sucks.

Having to lose Mafia members to gain abilities put us at a disadvantage. Couple that with NO offensive abilities to start and it was a long uphill battle.

Granted I don't think any of us played well so it is essentially a moot point.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Yea, that's what I said to him on chat. The game was really designed to go apeshit once the king died. Naturally, the king never died. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can design an awesome game, but never put it past the players to find a way to **** all your plans up.
He likes to bring up the time my Vampire game went exactly this way because of him Jailkeeping Bulldogs... over and over and over and over.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah it was nearly impossible for the Mafia to win without either King Robert being killed at any point or a stark or lannister getting lynched by the town. I am surprised you didn't use the cleave ability on Rob killing both him and scotty would have neutered the Lannisters. I will say the broth up didn't help either and I did mean what I said earlier I'm done soloing mod responsibilities.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Jballa, why didn't you protect me when I relieved as a role cop?

Because I had reason to believe Brody was Joffrey (hadn't revealed as Tywin yet) and my wincon was Joffrey being alive at the end of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Yeah it was nearly impossible for the Mafia to win without either King Robert being killed at any point or a stark or lannister getting lynched by the town. I am surprised you didn't use the cleave ability on Rob killing both him and scotty would have neutered the Lannisters. I will say the broth up didn't help either and I did mean what I said earlier I'm done soloing mod responsibilities.
At that point I gunning for the King. I needed to kill him to stand a chance after the town turned on one another. I took a shot on McGee who was playing a similar game to DG.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At that point I gunning for the King. I needed to kill him to stand a chance after the town turned on one another. I took a shot on McGee who was playing a similar game to DG.
I thought it was McGee or DG until Mcgee died. I was actually leaning more towards McGee
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I thought it was McGee or DG until Mcgee died. I was actually leaning more towards McGee
Rufus saying "You really don't know who the King is?" automatically made McGee the front runner. Although I won't pretend to have ever been on to DG or predict him as anyone but Joffrey.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought y'all would kill me after I went hard after Cigaro (and also called you out haha).

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:39 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I thought y'all would kill me after I went hard after Cigaro (and also called you out haha).
I was under the radar enough I thought and I hate vengeful kills as I think they have a higher possibility of being watched.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do some of you guys take this so ******* seriously? Just have fun.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Because I had reason to believe Brody was Joffrey (hadn't revealed as Tywin yet) and my wincon was Joffrey being alive at the end of the game.
Ya. **** everybody was pretty much my thing. If I was in your position I also would not have protected CJ.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Why do some of you guys take this so ******* seriously? Just have fun.
I don't know if that was in regards to me. If so I wasn't bitching, I had fun probably more fun than your standard under powered Mafia. Mainly because I got to try and pit people against one another more effectively. **** I almost had BB going after Brody and the Lannisters full throttle.

As I said the biggest draw back is the game wore on and usually after 5 PM I am only following and occasionally posting so I missed a lot.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:32 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rufus saying "You really don't know who the King is?" automatically made McGee the front runner. Although I won't pretend to have ever been on to DG or predict him as anyone but Joffrey.
Rufus !

I was pretty close to hinting who I was when Caddy was going on about Baratheons on my last day. But I figured it best to keep focus on Targaryens and not give anything away. Bad for me, good for town.

Also, I saw that mafia was debating between me and Rufus on Night 1. First of all, screw y'all. But I enjoyed that we were the people being watched and protected since we were probably considered safer targets that would be less likely to have those actions used on us. After being the first SK target in the last game, I need to find my way out of this early target group.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 04-02-2014 at 12:37 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Rufus !

I was pretty close to hinting who I was when Caddy was going on about Baratheons on my last day. But I figured it best to keep focus on Targaryens and not give anything away. Bad for me, good for town.
By the way... I realize we must think almost identically. Numerous times throughout the game we either had similar theories or suspicions. I can never read you either which must mean its like we are playing against ourselves.

It seems like you either don't care too much about the games or lurk while posting little. It was great to see a less apathetic Rufus this game and I would love to see McGee do the same.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I don't know if that was in regards to me. If so I wasn't bitching, I had fun probably more fun than your standard under powered Mafia. Mainly because I got to try and pit people against one another more effectively. **** I almost had BB going after Brody and the Lannisters full throttle.

As I said the biggest draw back is the game wore on and usually after 5 PM I am only following and occasionally posting so I missed a lot.
Nah. I just enjoy bitching and hate seeing people get really upset about games. It wasn't always the smoothest but still fun. I also got my dream role. I think we all just wish DG had died.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Nah. I just enjoy bitching and hate seeing people get really upset about games. It wasn't always the smoothest but still fun. I also got my dream role. I think we all just wish DG had died.
DG needs to be the MVP imo.

He played his best Mafia game to date that I can recall while avoiding death and keeping the focus on the Mafia.

Although I do wish he died obviously.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he correctly pegged BD and JR, and his actions directly led to their lynchings. He also really put Cigaro on the ropes which made him an easy lynch shortly after.

All while staying out of the way of night kills and avoiding suspicion on himself, meaning he never had to come out as the King until the very end.