Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now John McClain is projecting Manziel to Houston at No. 1.

And I made a thread proclaiming Bortles as No. 1 based on McClain's tweets... ugh.

The more I think about it, you can't take Bortles over Manziel. You just can't.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:12 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Now John McClain is projecting Manziel to Houston at No. 1.

And I made a thread proclaiming Bortles as No. 1 based on McClain's tweets... ugh.

The more I think about it, you can't take Bortles over Manziel. You just can't.
Man do I hope they take Manziel....
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure this qualifies as a rumor, but I've heard/listened to talk from multiple people that makes it seem like Greg Robinson might be the second or third offensive tackle selected due to concerns about his pass blocking skills and overall need of development.

Last edited by Halsey : 04-07-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Multiple people meaning...?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Not sure this qualifies as a rumor, but I've heard/listened to talk from multiple people that makes it seem like Greg Robinson might be the second or third offensive tackle selected due to concerns about his pass blocking skills and overall need of development.
I've stuck with Matthews as the top OT through this whole process, and I've never seen a reason to change. Robinson has fantastic upside, but he does need work. I still think he goes ahead of Lewan, though.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:21 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I can see that. It's hard for me to understand being the top OT but not being a proven pass blocker in today's passing NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:11 AM    (permalink
SeahawkNMD
Rookie

SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I can see that. It's hard for me to understand being the top OT but not being a proven pass blocker in today's passing NFL.
This is my usual thought with athletic tackles like Lane Johnson and why I like like Joeckel so much. Joeckel isn't that strong but he kick steps so well and consistently has great technique. Though with Robinson I can't help but to see Jones/Pace/Ogden in the way he moves and dominates opponents when he gets his hands on them though the question remains if he kick and use the technique needed to be a top level pass protector. I have to say I'd be willing to take the shot on him. I like Jake Matthews, he's good, but is he better the Joeckel, Okung, Ferguson, Thomas and the like? I don't think he is and won't rate him above Robinson with truly elite potential.
SeahawkNMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:24 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Fuller seems like he is climbing board and may be a top 15 pick.

Lots of visits with top 20 teams.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:07 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he should. He's the 2nd best CB in this draft, slightly behind Dennard.

I'm hearing Beckham could go top 20.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Well he should. He's the 2nd best CB in this draft, slightly behind Dennard.

I'm hearing Beckham could go top 20.
I'd say 3rd or 4th. It's Dennard and Verrett at 1 & 2, then Gilbert & Fuller. If Verrett was at least 5"11 he'd be in the discussion for 1st corner taken.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:05 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the top 5 CB's really close - with Gilbert's upside being the biggest deciding factor. With those 5 guys, though, I think it mostly comes down to scheme fit.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rank them

1. Gilbert
1. Dennard
1. Fuller

4. Roby

5. Verrett
Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way there is that much of a gap
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody who thinks Verrett is that bad is just ridiculous. Put on his tape and you can see he's the most advanced CB at this stage. You can comment on him not having big upside because of his size but outside of that he's very good across the board.

Maybe you're just incredibly high on the other guys?
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Campanaro eyeing a third round selection. His agent Drew Rosenhaus said that he is being told several teams are saying the same. Third round doesn't jive with where most people have Campanaro ranked as a receiver so this may be a case of an agent trying to hype up his guy. interesting.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Mike Campanaro eyeing a third round selection. His agent Drew Rosenhaus said that he is being told several teams are saying the same. Third round doesn't jive with where most people have Campanaro ranked as a receiver so this may be a case of an agent trying to hype up his guy. interesting.
He isn't close to being a Top 100 pick.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
It wouldn't surprise me. The 3rd round typically seems to be when teams starting selecting guys the pundits aren't extremely high on
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yah, some team who values slot guys could pounce on him early.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't remember.. were Julio Jones and Atlanta as linked together pre-draft as Sammy Watkins and the Lions are?

Pretty much everyone in the organization has met with Sammy in some capacity. I think it's a little strange that we're showing so much interest in someone we have no chance getting unless we trade up.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:32 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions cant be that serious about moving up for watkins lol.....stafford will shatter fantasy football records

While the lions pick in the top 10 again
Old 04-10-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Verrett that low just tells me the guy didn't watch any tape. Not sure why he would post a top 5 without watching the players play football.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Verrett that low just tells me the guy didn't watch any tape. Not sure why he would post a top 5 without watching the players play football.
Yeah, that's bizarre. There's a pretty good argument for Verrett being the #2 corner.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Lions cant be that serious about moving up for watkins lol.....stafford will shatter fantasy football records

While the lions pick in the top 10 again
An offense that productive is typically going to at least make the playoffs.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Verrett can easily fall anywhere from 2-5. I have him 4 behind Gilbert, Dennard, Fuller

Followed by Roby. Who is either going to be amazing like he was in 2012 or hes going to be Patrick Robinson
Old 04-10-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Yeah, that's bizarre. There's a pretty good argument for Verrett being the #2 corner.
Verrett's a better corner than all of them. The only argument is if he's a better pro prospect because of his size.