Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One more day gents. The wait has been way too long.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other news, Sean Spence has been given a clean bill of health. He will practice fully in OTAs. I know he hasn't played football for two years, and it's extremely wishful thinking, but if he did in fact recover, his return would be a very good boost. We need depth at ILB, and while I don't expect him to start anytime soon, he could be valuable behind Vince Williams and Arthur Moats.

Glad to see him return.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

From Rotoworld:

"According to ESPN's Ed Werder, "nobody in the NFL will be surprised" if Odell Beckham is drafted ahead of Mike Evans on Thursday.
NFL teams seem smitten with Beckham despite his limited size (5'11/198), as he's been linked to clubs drafting as early as Tampa at No. 7 overall, Buffalo at No. 9, Detroit at No. 10, and the Giants at No. 12. We consider 9-16 to be the "sweet spot" for Beckham's draft slot. Our main takeaway from this Werder report is that perhaps Evans will not be drafted as early as people expect."

Could we get lucky for a third year in a row? Mike Evans, come on down!

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Evans falls beyond Tampa, teams will be lining up to trade up for him. I don't think he'd get past 13.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could be interesting to see who teams want to trade up for. If some of the QBs are falling teams could want them. If teams are reaching for them, we could see teams go up for the true talents.

We have seen all kinds of Manziel reports. He won't go 4 or 5, Jacksonville wants him at 3, if Tampa trades up its for him. Plus we've all seen Houston and StL want to trade down, badly.

This could be a very fun draft. And for the first time in a while there's not someone I want that I think is reasonable, or a position I feel that strongly about. Plenty of guys id love to come out of the first round with.

I'm gonna start drooling if Evans gets to 10.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:36 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my official, final mock unless something changes and I feel like updating it:

1) Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
2) Louis Nix NT Notre Dame
3) Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
4) Taylor Hart DE Oregon
5a) Devonta Freeman RB Florida State
5b) Ross Cockrell CB Duke
6a) Jemea Thomas S Georgia Tech
6b) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
7) Rob Blanchflower TE UMass

UDFA:

Kaleb Ramsey DE Boston College
Shayne Skov LB Stanford
John Brown WR Pittsburg St
Lawrence Martin G South Florida
Henry Josey RB Missouri
Old 05-08-2014, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

About my mock:

I'm comfortable with any of the top three corners and I believe one of them will be the pick. I like Fuller the most and believe he would be taken out of the three.

I'm aware that Moncrief probably doesn't last till 97, but it' good to dream, right?
Old 05-08-2014, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

My submission:

1. CB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
2. WR Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
3. DE/OLB Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
4. RB Lache Seastrunk, Baylor
5. OT Seantrel Henderson, Miami
5. ILB Max Bullough, Michigan State
6. TE Rob Branchflower, Massachusetts
6. CB Shaquille Richardson, Arizona
7. LB Kevin Pierre-Louis, Boston College

UDFA:
NT Beau Allen, Wisconsin
WR John Brown, Pitt State
OG Lawrence Martin, South Florida
S Nick Williams, Alabama

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Scott has the following picks for us in his latest mock:

1. CB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
2. DT Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
3. WR Martavis Bryant, Clemson

I'd be pretty happy with that.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we trade down with Philly or Seattle and it blows everyone's to hell anyway but here goes (tried to account for this a bit in my picks)

My mock:
1 - Kyle Fuller
2 - Donte Montcrief
3 - Taylor Hart
4 - Jerick McKinnon
5a - Kevin Pierre-Louis
5b - Brent Urban
6 - Jordan Zumwalt
7 - Rob Branchflower
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are you guys as about Barr as I am?

Lot of rumors swirling he may dip into 20-25 range but personally I'm all about him. Unless Worilds signs an extension this offseason I think both sides know he's gone next season. The extension doesn't make a ton of sense for him (except fear of injury) with the way he finished last year, the Steelers not going to give him HUGE money, and the guaranteed money he has coming this year.

Barr could effectively redshirt for a year behind Worilds, Jones and likely Deebo. This would help season him and get him ready for 2015. He could possibly contribute some on passing downs as well. I just think a Barr/Jones tandem could possibly end up a Deebo/Woodley or Lloyd/Greene type combo for us which would greatly help us get back to dominating defense.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeboHarrison View Post
Are you guys as about Barr as I am?

Lot of rumors swirling he may dip into 20-25 range but personally I'm all about him. Unless Worilds signs an extension this offseason I think both sides know he's gone next season. The extension doesn't make a ton of sense for him (except fear of injury) with the way he finished last year, the Steelers not going to give him HUGE money, and the guaranteed money he has coming this year.

Barr could effectively redshirt for a year behind Worilds, Jones and likely Deebo. This would help season him and get him ready for 2015. He could possibly contribute some on passing downs as well. I just think a Barr/Jones tandem could possibly end up a Deebo/Woodley or Lloyd/Greene type combo for us which would greatly help us get back to dominating defense.
I'd like the pick, for sure.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man i leave town for a week and get back to...well...

pretty much the same. no one has any idea what's going to happen haha!

i was fully on board the fuller train but seeing as everyone seems to be picking him im going to submit a different mock for the game

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
man i leave town for a week and get back to...well...

pretty much the same. no one has any idea what's going to happen haha!

i was fully on board the fuller train but seeing as everyone seems to be picking him im going to submit a different mock for the game
It's a pretty conservative mock for the game haha. Basically just take guys from lists of prospects we interviewed/brought in for visits, etc.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-08-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

All right, I know it probably won't happen, but I'm going to start the Mike Evans to Pittsburgh train from right now. With all the rumors flying around about Manziel and Bortles and whatnot, I get the feeling that QBs will go early, which is very beneficial to us. Likewise, Beckham's stock is just skyrocketing right now, with the latest rumor being that the Bills prefer him to Evans.

That being said, here are the top 14 picks:

1. Houston
2. St. Louis
3. Jacksonville
4. Cleveland
5. Oakland
6. Atlanta
7. Tampa Bay
8. Minnesota
9. Buffalo
10. Detroit
11. Tennessee
12. New York Giants
13. St. Louis
14. Chicago

I'll eliminate the top 3 picks because there's no way Evans goes there. Regardless of who is picking where, Evans won't be gone. Clowney, Watkins, Mack, Robinson, some combination of those guys will be the picks.

That leaves us with:
4. Cleveland
5. Oakland
6. Atlanta
7. Tampa Bay
8. Minnesota
9. Buffalo
10. Detroit
11. Tennessee
12. New York Giants
13. St. Louis
14. Chicago

Eliminating the teams that don't need or want a first round receiver, I get:
4. Cleveland
5. Oakland
7. Tampa Bay
9. Buffalo
10. Detroit
11. Tennessee
12. New York Giants
13. St. Louis

I'll eliminate Cleveland because they're probably going with either QB or OT, and even if they did want WR, they would probably have Watkins available. Also eliminate the Titans, Giants, and Rams because they've all invested into WRs recently, be it with picks or contracts, and have much bigger needs than WR.

5. Oakland
7. Tampa Bay
9. Buffalo
10. Detroit

That leaves four teams (barring a trade up, which could very well happen) that are possible landing spots for Evans. I have a hard time truly believe Detroit wants ANOTHER wr, after adding Tate and having CJ. I also don't think Tampa would take him without their QB situation being fixed. Oakland I hope has a high enough pick that one of the elite talents, like Mack or Robinson, is their pick. Buffalo, I hope they truly do like Beckham more than Evans.

There was a rumor going around today that the Raiders actually prefer Evans to Watkins.

It's gonna be interesting. Can't wait to see what happens.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-08-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good breakdown, i think it can happen as well... but it prolly wont

i remember someone saying disregard everything you hear the week before the draft as its all BS

Old 05-08-2014, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Can't wait for this to come out:

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...2-fe5057bd0514

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-08-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can't have someone fall to us like Evans or Barr I'm starting to want Shazier. Him playing next to Timmons would be awesome.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think it's pretty much a corner. Not sure they'd take Barr over one, either.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

It's been awhile since we took a corner very high. I'd like to land any of the top. 3 guys.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

So every year i do a complete first round mock with my friends, this steelers mock, and then a mock for myself (who i really want)

this is the first year all 3 are different

Old 05-08-2014, 04:13 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Here we go:

*disclaimer 1 - gun to my head i dont see this happening, but with so many people going fuller in the first i have to go for the win, not the tie, and i'm certainly not going to rely on my later picks to carry me.

** disclaimer 2 - you may hate this draft at first. give it a minute, i hated it too.. but it's slowly growing on me.

1.Minn. DE - Ra-Shede Hageman
My personal feeling is this is Fuller. But since everyone else is doing Fuller I’ll go a bit outside the box (which then shakes up my whole draft). Great athlete, his upside is enormous. Biggest obvious hole is opposite Heyward. Reach? Maybe. Probably. Whatever. Also, covering a trade back scenario.
2. ND TE - Troy Niklas
Heath is still great. Having another , younger, more athletic, and healthy Heath would be even greater.
3. LSU WR - Jarvis Landry
I had Bryant pegged here. Then I typed these words “classic boom or bust guy. Honestly, I’d guess bust.” Then it hit me. Go with the tape proven guy over the work out guy. ***
4. Duke CB - Ross Cockrell
We all know our link to him.
5. FSU RB - Devonta Freeman
Change of pace type guy.
5a. AU CB/S - Shaquille Richardson
Coincidence Shaquille O’ Neal was first making waves ~ 21 years ago? I think not.
6. CSU OLB - Shaquil Barrett
Peezy’s boy
6a. UT OL - James Stone
Lineman or w/e.
7. MSU ILB - Max Bullough
Mike Humpal type 2.0.

*** bryant vs landry is the classic "girl next door" type vs "omg dat ass" type. One def will appear as the more attractive option - dont let the hype fool you. You might end up having a great time for a while but chances are you'll end up with the clap.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Apparently the Jaguars are keen on Evans, and might like him over Watkins. Doubt it happens but oh well.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-08-2014, 04:44 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final Mock:

1st - Denard

2nd - Moncreif

3rd (Wallace Comp) - Jackson Jeffcoat DE/OLB Texas

4th - Brock Vereen S Minnesota

5th - Ross Crockrell CB Duke

5th - (Lewis Comp) Ed Stinson DE Alabame

6th - Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

6th (Mendy Comp) - Jay Bromley DT Syracuse

7th - Beau Allen DT Wisconsin

Last edited by CDub : 05-08-2014 at 04:47 PM.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

The only thing I don't want in the first round is a 3-4 DE. Don't need to spend a pick this high on someone with that set of skills.