Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tuitt, Hageman, Nix, Latimer, Robinson, Lee or Matthews for me. In no particular order.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ross Cockrell, Walt Aikens, Pierre Desir in the 3rd
Old 05-09-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly hope they go WR and CB today. Only go DL if Hageman, Tuitt or Nix fall to us in the second. If not, go with Moncrief, Robinson, Adams or Latimer in the second. Watkins, Desir, Phillip Gaines in the third.

Or go Gaines in the second and get Jarvis Landry in the third. We can get Taylor Hart in the fourth and resign Keisel.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Lee's knee injury keeps pushing him down the draft and the Steelers take the "flier". I doubt it though and expect him to land in Cleveland.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I honestly hope they go WR and CB today. Only go DL if Hageman, Tuitt or Nix fall to us in the second. If not, go with Moncrief, Robinson, Adams or Latimer in the second. Watkins, Desir, Phillip Gaines in the third.

Or go Gaines in the second and get Jarvis Landry in the third. We can get Taylor Hart in the fourth and resign Keisel.
Quote:
I hope Lee's knee injury keeps pushing him down the draft and the Steelers take the "flier". I doubt it though and expect him to land in Cleveland.
Agree on everything.

Hageman, Nix, Tuitt would be my picks, in that order, for D-Line.

Hageman might be inconsistent, but he's a freaky athlete. 6'507, 310, 4.92 40, 32 reps, 35 1/2 vertical, 906 broad jump is damn good for a guy his size.

Him and Heyward alongside McLendon would make me feel muuuuuuch better than having Cam Thomas there. Nix would allow McLendon to slide over, also fine in my book.

And I don't know why I'm suddenly really wanting ASJ right now. Who knows what'll happen, but we're gonna have a pretty good board, IMO.

Guys who pick before us in the second:

1. Texans
2. Redskins
3. Browns
4. Raiders
5. Falcons
6. Buccaneers
7. Jaguars
8. Seahawks
9. Bills
10. Titans
11. Giants
12. Rams
13. Lions

I expect more than half of Carr, Bitonio, Ealy, Jernigan, Hyde, Kouandjio, Moses, Martin, and Su'a Filo to go there, none of which are of interest to us, IMO.

Also, if the board is good, I'd trade down if possible. Other than for Hageman or Lee, I wouldn't stick at the pick, I'd trade down.

Only two more hours, can't wait.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With Josh Gordon facing a season long suspension I think this is all but done.

I feel bad for Browns fans, their joy didn't even last a single day. They keep trying to get out but they keep pulling themselves back in.

I applaud their GM for picking up the extra first in 2015 and getting his guys, but it's sad to see the Browns keep being the Browns.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

If our guy isn't on the board, I'd see if we could get a second and third or both their seconds from San Fran.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Would not surprise me if the Steelers draft a pass rusher, either. I'd be on board with someone like Demarcus Lawrence because bringing pressure is the key to anything and lord knows we need pass rush after the last few years of not bringing any heat.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:08 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns sit at 3 and grab Lee

I'm hoping we can move down a couple spots - still get a WR - and pick up and extra 4th and 6th
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:10 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man - 51 picks between our 2nd and 3rd.......that's a lot of talent coming of the board
Old 05-09-2014, 06:15 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Dallas gave up their 2nd & 3rd to move up to number 2 in the 2nd - wonder if we could get the same for our spot??
Old 05-09-2014, 06:19 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Tell me more about this because I was watching the live war room and I didn't see them on the phone during the Steelers pick. Everytime the Cowboys were on the phone I posted it in our draft thread and we were on the phone when the Rams took Donald and the Bears took Fuller.

If you think about it that really sounds like a made up story. What team gets on the phone to tell the player he's going to be taken when they aren't even on the clock yet? Kinda weird, but crazier things have happened I guess. Would like to hear more about that story though. Link?
Further evidenced by their move up to get Lawrence
Old 05-09-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Desir man he's going to be a stud
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Love Matthews :(
Old 05-09-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think Tuitt is the pick. Has to be.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Damn good pick! Tuitt and Heyward is scary!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shazier , now Tuitt ... Excellent draft so far

I really hope Desir falls to the end of the 3rd
Old 05-09-2014, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love both picks so far. I'd love to add a corner and really commit to rebuilding a defense.

Rooting for Allen to fall as well, though I'm not gonna hold my breathe.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Have to go skill positions next two rounds.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

What if Nix falls to our next pick do you take him?
Old 05-09-2014, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
What if Nix falls to our next pick do you take him?
I dont think so, i think we're moving away from the traditional 3-4 NT. Got to be targeting WR/CB/TE next
Old 05-09-2014, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Awesome.

I'd love Nix in the third, but it'll probably be WR or CB.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

If we get Nix in the third that's an A for me for the draft.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Still a bunch of quality WRs on the board
Old 05-09-2014, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Why has David Yankey fell so far? ... I thought he was the best guard in the draft