Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the pick.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shweeeeet! Bryat gas immense potential, hope he achieves it
Old 05-10-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phew.....woke up just in time to see Bryant - NICE!
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are the targets in the fifth? I'm still going Jeffcoat, maybe o-line depth.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-10-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Telvin Smith, Christian Jones, David Yankey, Jackson Jeffcoat, Seantrel Henderson, Cyril Richardson, Daniel McCullers, Lache Seastrunk some names I like for the rest of our picks

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-10-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given that I had him in the 3rd...oops...I'd luv to see Jeffcoat
Old 05-10-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Man, we flat out went for the freaks this year. Shazier and Bryant are arguably the biggest physical freaks at their position, and Archer the fastest of all players.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-10-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

I wouldn't mind grabbing Deion Blue late
Old 05-10-2014, 01:50 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

I'm good w Shaq
Old 05-10-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCullers is a BIG man.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:07 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Said he got up over 4 bills a couple times - between him and Thomas our D line is large
Old 05-10-2014, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

ILB Christian Jones, ILB Shane Skov, DE/OLB Jackson Jeffcoat, WR Brandon Coleman, OT Antonio Richardson, TE Colt Lyerla, TE A.C. Leonard, ILB Max Bullough, DT Deandre Coleman, CB Louchiez Purifoy, and all punters, for our UDFAs please.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-10-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Mauro DE Stanford
Eric Waters TE Missouri

Those two are the ones I've seen so far.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Elkins, OT, Youngstown St.
Eric Waters, TE, Missouri
Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford
Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd
Devon Carrington, DB, Stanford
Brendon Kay, QB, Cincinnati
Kaycee Ike, OT, UAB
Will Simmons, OG, Eastern Carolina
Ethan Hemer, DE, Wisconsin
Jordan Hill, HB, Ohio State

This is according to SteelerDepot.com
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add QB Terrance Owens (Toledo) and DT Roy Philon (Louisville)
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Can't wait to see the rookie camp roster. That's where Terrance Garvin gained momentum, got a contract and ended up making the team.

I'm really excited about this draft class. Lots of DEs competing in camp. Tuitt, Thomas and Heyward are a given, but there's a lot of young depth ready to explore.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats your guys Grades on this draft? - Here is mine

Pittsburgh Steelers

Ryan Shazier
I wasn't really expecting it, but I like him as a player. ILB was a need, they had to play Troy at ILB most of the downs. Despite what people say, Vince Williams did not play good as a rookie. Not a diss on Vince because I like him and he was a Rookie - but Shazier is a massive upgrade over him - and how can you not love the Speed Speed Speed. Maybe not the "Buck" of old school football but this isn't old school football. Timmons and Shazier will be fast and aggressive and both can cover so that could keep in Base Defense more - A

Stephon Tuitt
This is by far the best pick - He will be an absolute Monster at DE - Heyward and Tuitt will wreck havoc as 3-4 DEs and make things much easier on Jones and Worilds on the outside - he is supposedly down to his playing weight from 2012, which is a major plus - A+

Dri Archer
what else is there to say but Speed Speed Speed - I'm not a huge fan of this pick he is tiny and there were other players on the Board that I would of rather had - He will be a weapon if he can stay healthy - put me down as a skeptic on this pick - C

Martavis Bryant
The Value is good here - Ben wanted a big Receiver and Bryant has major potential - BUT I keep going back to Desir on the board with both Archer and Bryant Picked - and to make it worst the Browns took Desir to pair with Haden and Gilbert - C+

Shaq Richardson
Doubt he even makes it out of camp - has the size and speed - but so did a 5th round pick Terry Hawthorne last year, why not just bring him back? - D

Wesley Johnson
I really like this pick - Versatile Smart Linemen - Can play all 3 positions - seems like he could be a Kelvin Beachum type pick and surprise all - A

Jordan Zumwalt
Not to sure how I like this pick - He is a violent player which I like but they say he probably will play ILB and not OLB - which we have about 20 ILBs now on the Roster Timmons, Shazier, Vince Williams, Terrance Garvin, Sean Spence (if he comes back healthy) - there is at least 4 ILB that make the roster with Spence being a ? - how many do you want to carry? - just seems like a wasted pick to me - D

Daniel McCulers
Big Big Big - but I don't think he plays to his size - he's a project and I'm guessing Practice Squad - I don't think he steals Cam Thomas Job as backup NT/DE but he has upside with that much of a person - C

Rob Blanchflower
Fits what they like in a Blocker type of TE - can he take Paulson job as the 3rd TE? - I'm not sure guess we'll see I think he can - B

Last edited by Cbrunn : 05-11-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:56 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
Whats your guys Grades on this draft? - Here is mine

Pittsburgh Steelers

Ryan Shazier
I wasn't really expecting it, but I like him as a player. ILB was a need, they had to play Troy at ILB most of the downs. Despite what people say, Vince Williams did not play good as a rookie. Not a diss on Vince because I like him and he was a Rookie - but Shazier is a massive upgrade over him - and how can you not love the Speed Speed Speed. Maybe not the "Buck" of old school football but this isn't old school football. Timmons and Shazier will be fast and aggressive and both can cover so that could keep in Base Defense more - A

Stephon Tuitt
This is by far the best pick - He will be an absolute Monster at DE - Heyward and Tuitt will wreck havoc as 3-4 DEs and make things much easier on Jones and Worilds on the outside - he is supposedly down to his playing weight from 2012, which is a major plus - A+

Dri Archer
what else is there to say but Speed Speed Speed - I'm not a huge fan of this pick he is tiny and there were other players on the Board that I would of rather had - He will be a weapon if he can stay healthy - put me down as a skeptic on this pick - C

Martavis Bryant
The Value is good here - Ben wanted a big Receiver and Bryant has major potential - BUT I keep going back to Desir on the board with both Archer and Bryant Picked - and to make it worst the Browns took Desir to pair with Haden and Gilbert - C+

Shaq Richardson
Doubt he even makes it out of camp - has the size and speed - but so did a 5th round pick Terry Hawthorne last year, why not just bring him back? - D

Wesley Johnson
I really like this pick - Versatile Smart Linemen - Can play all 3 positions - seems like he could be a Kelvin Beachum type pick and surprise all - A

Jordan Zumwalt
Not to sure how I like this pick - He is a violent player which I like but they say he probably will play ILB and not OLB - which we have about 20 ILBs now on the Roster Timmons, Shazier, Vince Williams, Terrance Garvin, Sean Spence (if he comes back healthy) - there is at least 4 ILB that make the roster with Spence being a ? - how many do you want to carry? - just seems like a wasted pick to me - D

Daniel McCulers
Big Big Big - but I don't think he plays to his size - he's a project and I'm guessing Practice Squad - I don't think he steals Cam Thomas Job as backup NT/DE but he has upside with that much of a person - C

Rob Blanchflower
Fits what they like in a Blocker type of TE - can he take Paulson job as the 3rd TE? - I'm not sure guess we'll see I think he can - B
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorta indifferent on the Shazier Pick. I don't hate it. The guy is a freak I'm just not sure how good of a football player he is. Sometimes he just seems to run around without great instincts for the position.

They really needed to upgrade the spot next to Timmons. I think this pick will fall so somewhere between the near pro bowl play of Timmons and the absolute bustness of Ziggy Hood. Shazier Reminds me of Ogletree last year.
Tuitt could a solid pick. Slightly above average starter as a 3-4 DE
Allready said my thoughts about Archer, hope he makes a pro bowl as a special teamer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not the biggest Fan of Bryant. But could an absolute steal at this point. The ceiling of Plaxico Burress
I need to watch more Richardson.....He had a pick 6...right?
Wesley Johnson....very solid depth pick. Actually played well against Clowney and worked out well at the combine. Are they Playing him at Guard?
I like Zumwalt. I think this is more of a special teams play. On his Draft Breakdown videos he had some crushing blocks on special teams
Nice....so glad they took Mcculer this late instead of reaching for Nix earlier. Might only be a run player, but at this point that is fine.
I like Branchflower.....plays like a homeless man's Rob Gronkowski
Hopefully this draft works out. They need the help now.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:59 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope Howard Jones and Josh Mauro make the team

Solid 3-4 DE in Mauro

And terror off the Edge in Jones

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I don't think there's any doubt Mauro doesn't make the team. Really nice steal for us. We need depth at the position and he certainly provides it.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

With the draft done and us getting around $3 million ($8 in total, $5 for rookies) of cap room in less than a month, what do you guys think we do?

I'm guessing Harrison is coming back, we drafted no OLB and don't have much depth either. Hopefully Velasco comes back as well.

I'd target Jermichael Finley, but who knows if he'll be healthy enough.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-12-2014, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Predicted depth chart with the guys we have now:

Offense - 24 Players
QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Bruce Gradkowski, Landry Jones
RB: Le'Veon Bell, LeGarrette Blount, Dri Archer
FB: Will Johnson
WR: Antonio Brown, Lance Moore, Darrius Heyward-Bey
WR: Markus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant
TE: Heath Miller, Matt Spaeth, Rob Branchflower
LT: Mike Adams, Kelvin Beachum
LG: Ramon Foster, Nick Embernate
C: Maurkice Pouncey, Cody Wallace
RG: David DeCastro, Kelvin Beachum
RT: Marcus Gilbert, Guy Whimper

Defense: 26 Players
LE: Stephon Tuitt, Cam Thomas, Nick Williams
NT: Steve McLendon, Cam Thomas, Daniel McCullers
RE: Cameron Heyward, Brian Arnfelt, Josh Mauro
LOLB: Jason Worilds, Arthur Moats
LILB: Lawrence Timmons, Vince Williams, Jordan Zumwalt
RILB: Ryan Shazier, Sean Spence
ROLB: Jarvis Jones, Terrence Garvin,
CB: Ike Taylor, William Gay, Antwon Blake
CB: Cortez Allen, Shaquille Richardson
FS: Mike Mitchell, Will Allen
SS: Troy Polamalu, Shamarko Thomas

Special Teams: 3 Players
K: Shaun Suisham
P: Brad Wing
LS: Greg Warren

PS:
OT Wesley Johnson
RB Alvester Alexander
OLB Howard Jones
OG Will Simmons
WR Justin Brown

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-12-2014, 10:43 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been watching shazier games. Great going forward, really good a blitzing even off the edge.

But anything the requires zone drop he seems lost.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watchong dri archer youtube runs is my new favorite thing to do

hes the fastest man alive

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
With the draft done and us getting around $3 million ($8 in total, $5 for rookies) of cap room in less than a month, what do you guys think we do?

I'm guessing Harrison is coming back, we drafted no OLB and don't have much depth either. Hopefully Velasco comes back as well.

I'd target Jermichael Finley, but who knows if he'll be healthy enough.
I'd pick up a FA RB and maybe a corner. I don't think Harrison will be back. Zumwalt can play MLB and OLB, plus I have VERY high hopes for Howard Jones making the team.

I would just bank on it actually for next year.