Join Date: Apr 2007
SRogers Post - FA Mock Draft #2
Without much further ado:
1. Houston Texans -- Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida ... all signs point to him being the guy.
2. St. Louis Rams -- Greg Robinson, LT, Auburn ... Jake Long may not be ready week 1 and has shown he can't stay healthy. Saffold is better at OG. Still a huge hole at OT.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina ... Jags have added numerous DL during the FA period obviously showing a demand to upgrade the DL. They are using a Seattle formula to win(obviously given their coach) so the need for another pass rusher is still there.
4. Cleveland Browns -- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson ... WR is a need for this team. Gordon's one suspension away from being done for the entire season and probably cut/traded. There's a big need here. They are going to give Hoyer every chance to be "the guy" without investing a high pick into QB.
5. Oakland Raiders -- Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo ... The Raiders could go in 5,000 directions with this pick. OT is a need, but so is the DL and pass rush. Mack isn't a traditional DE in a 4-3, but he can play OLB in running downs and rush in passing downs. He's scheme versatile.
6. Atlanta Falcons -- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M ... This is a pick I think most people see coming a mile away.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan ... Taylor could end up being a better pro then both Robinson and Matthews. With Donald Penn on the outs, need for OT is big.
8. Minnesota Vikings -- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville ... At the end of the day, this team desperately needs a QB.
9. Buffalo Bills -- Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M ... EJ Manuel struggled a lot. He obviously needs more targets to win their one vs one match-ups.
10. Detroit Lions -- Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma St. ... Not much else to say. Secured a starting SS in FA and have a returning Glover Quin. Need to address the CB position and he's also BPA.
11. Tennessee Titans -- Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA ... Moving to a 3-4 they need an edge rusher to make the transition easier. That's what Barr does.
12. New York Giants -- Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh ... The Giants moved on from Linval Joseph so there's a need for a starting DT. Cullen Jenkins is 33 years old and last years' second round pick Jonathan Hankins hasn't proven much yet. It's the Giants, they love to draft DL.
13. St. Louis Rams -- Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama ... This is a pick many have theorized for a while. Great cover FS and the need is there for St. Louis.
14. Chicago Bears -- Darqueeze Dennard, CB, Michigan State ... the CBs for Chicago are getting pretty darn old. Resigned Tillman, but he's not the same player. Dennard plays the game a lot like Tillman and would make a lot of sense for this squad.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Marqise Lee, WR, USC ... I think Lee will go higher then most expect. He's a stud who was hurt last season and didn't time well. With Sanders gone, there is an immediate opening for a starting WR.
16. Dallas Cowboys -- Tim Jernigan, DT, Florida State ... there's just such a need on the DL, it's hard to imagine them going elsewhere. He and Henry Melton is a nice 1-2 punch to revitalize this DL.
17. Baltimore Ravens -- CJ Mosley, OLB, Alabama ... Yes, I know WR is a big need. I think many teams will wait on WR given the depth of the WRs in this class. Mosley is a versatile LB that can play SLB, WLB, or ILB.
18. New York Jets -- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina ... With the top CBs off the board and the Jets having brought in a QB to compete with Smith(Vick), they're going to do everything they can to give them enough weapons. Stephen Hill and Eric Decker is a pretty decent 1-2 at WR.
19. Miami Dolphins -- Xavier Su`a-Filo, OG, UCLA ... We're hearing people are rating Filo over the top 2 OGs from last years' class. That's pretty amazing considering how high they were drafted(obviously a weaker class). With that said, the Dolphins still have big holes on the OL.
20. Arizona Cardinals -- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M ... ends up at a place where he can take his time learning how to play in a structured offense. A pretty good QB coach, too.
21. Green Bay Packers -- Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame ... They have added some nice edge rushers, but Nix gives them someone to rotate with Raji and keep the big boys fresh. Could be a great combination to keep them both rested and ready to dominate.
22. Philadelphia Eagles -- Calvin Pryor, SS, Louisville ... The Eagles wiffed on the big time FA safeties, so it's a big need. They were pretty good versus the run last season, but they could still use an improvement at Safety. Pryor isn't Ed Reed in the back end, but not a liability either.
23. Kansas City Chiefs -- Zach Martin, OT, Notre Dame ... The Chiefs are built on a run game and managing their QB. Well, you can't do that without an offensive line. Albert is gone, so now what? Reid has a background of drafting numerous OL, too.
24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri ... They lost Michael Johnson and a big piece to this defense is their ability to pressure the QB. Ealy can play in a 4-3 defense easy and should bolster their pass rush.
25. San Diego Chargers -- Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn ... Ingram hasn't performed up to his lofty draft status and Freeney is old. They have to upgrade that pass rush.
26. Cleveland Browns -- Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St. ... Need a franchise QB in case Hoyer falls on his face. So, why not?
27. New Orleans Saints -- Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon St. ... Have to keep Brees happy and give him plenty of toys to play with. Colston is aging and they lost Lance Moore in FA. Another WR is a big need.
28. Carolina Panthers -- Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU ... I think most would be floored if the Panthers don't nab a WR here. Their WR position is a joke.
29. New England Patriots -- Jace Amaro, TE, Texas A&M ... Pick just makes too much sense to me. Plays a lot like a certain TE in jail whom Brady threw the ball to, a lot.
30. San Francisco 49ers -- Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida St. ... The reality is that the 49ers need to give Kaepernick many WRs to throw to. He isn't a good enough passer to win with just his arm and mediocre WR, he needs help. Crabtree and Boldin is a nice combo, but Boldin is aging and Crabtree never really went to that next level that many had hoped.
31. Denver Broncos -- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio St. ... The Broncos have done a lot this off-season. One area of concern is their secondary. Talib and Ward were great additions, but their other contributing CBs are either injured or gone. Roby had a subpar season, but has also put together some elite tape and impressed at the combine. They need another CB.
32. Seattle Seahawks -- Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi St. ... The Seahawks obviously have few holes. One is on the OL where Russell Wilson was running for his life a lot. They do get some injured OL back this next season, but could still use an upgrade. Jackson fits perfectly in a power running team like Seattle.