Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-17-2014, 01:56 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Higher On Team Boards Than Media's

I find that the media loves production and polish and are far more conservative in their ratings than NFL teams who have to keep in mind potential and ceiling.

I am wondering who you think are guys that are higher on NFL boards than the media produced boards?

I think that Ra'shede Hageman and Stephon Tuitt are higher on NFL boards than they are on the media sites. The media seems to like to downgrade guys based on mental or emotional things. I think GMs who have confidence in their locker room and coaches will take these guys higher than we think.

You can motivate someone. You cannot teach them to be 6'6" 300lbs and freaksihly athletic. Both of these guys could have low floors, which the media looks more at, but they also have nothing stopping them from being dominant players.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A week ago I would've said Kyle Fuller, but he's in the first in a lot of mocks now.

I'm going to try and dig past guys most see as first or second rounders: Dion Bailey, Ricardo Allen, and Michael Schofield.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martavis Bryant
Keith McGill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nate Askew, LB, Texas A&M

I haven't seen him in any mocks, but I think he gets picked up in the 6th or 7th round.

He had impressive numbers at his pro day, and the only thing holding him back is that he only played LB for one season (was a WR before that). He's a guy that should contribute on special teams immediately and possibly work his way into the defensive 2-deep by year 2. He's already been called in to interview and/or workout with several NFL teams.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this cause it always happens.

Ryan Shazier top 15 (projected 20-40)
O'Dell Beckham Jr. Top 1 (projected 18-32)
Michael Campanaro 3rd round-4th round (projected 7th-UDFA)
Dakota Dozier 2nd round (projected 3rd-4th)
Ross Cockrell 3rd round (projected 5th-6th round)
Jeremiah George 4th round (projected 6th-UFA)

I'm sure i'll think of more as I got along but those are the ones that stick out or heard.
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeremy Hill
Aaron Murray
Trent Murphy
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donte Moncrief
Austin Sefarian Jenkins
Jeff Janis
Vinny Sunseri

I think with media types their opinions are established well in advance and some of them are really reluctant to adjust.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tajh Boyd. I don't understand why Manziel gets propped up as a first rounder when Boyd is better than him at everything that matters.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Zach Mettenberger and QB Jimmy Garoppolo are being talked about as 2nd to 3rd rounders. I think they both could go in the first and will definitely be gone in the top 35.

QB Teddy Bridgewater and OT Cyrus Kouandjio keep falling down boards. I don't think they are for teams. I think they've been smokescreened out the ass.

RB Bishop Sankey will be the first back off the board, I think. Lots of media types calling him much later than that.

These guys are all completely ignored by the media and will go in the first three rounds. I've seen them in the 5th-7th rounds of mocks:
DE Kareem Martin
DE Ed Stinson
ILB Jordan Zumwalt
S Antone Exum
S Dion Bailey
S Terrance Brooks
S Vinnie Sunseri

Last edited by Monomach : 04-17-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
QB Zach Mettenberger and QB Jimmy Garoppolo are being talked about as 2nd to 3rd rounders. I think they both could go in the first and will definitely be gone in the top 35.

QB Teddy Bridgewater and OT Cyrus Kouandjio keep falling down boards. I don't think they are for teams. I think they've been smokescreened out the ass.

RB Bishop Sankey will be the first back off the board, I think. Lots of media types calling him much later than that.

These guys are all completely ignored by the media and will go in the first three rounds. I've seen them in the 5th-7th rounds of mocks:
DE Kareem Martin
DE Ed Stinson
ILB Jordan Zumwalt
S Antone Exum
S Dion Bailey
S Terrance Brooks
S Vinnie Sunseri

For some reason Bama players seem to be getting downgraded. Good call on Dion Bailey.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Tajh Boyd. I don't understand why Manziel gets propped up as a first rounder when Boyd is better than him at everything that matters.
Boyd might go undrafted.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:48 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Boyd might go undrafted.
There's 7 rounds in the draft.

It's beyond rational to suggest Boyd won't even be drafted.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deone Bucannon
Joel Bitonio
Derek Carr
Tom Savage
Ra'Shede Hageman (maybe)
Kareem Martin
Jeremiah Attaochu

Bucannon, Bitonio, Martin, and Attaochu I think all are graded as late first/early second guys.
Carr is the #2 QB behind Bortles on the majority of teams' draft boards I think.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Smith from Louisville.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

most of the SEC

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:14 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Deone Bucannon
Joel Bitonio
Derek Carr
Tom Savage
Ra'Shede Hageman (maybe)
Kareem Martin
Jeremiah Attaochu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
DE Kareem Martin
DE Ed Stinson
ILB Jordan Zumwalt
S Antone Exum

S Dion Bailey
S Terrance Brooks
S Vinnie Sunseri
Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Martavis Bryant
Keith McGill
Like those calls.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

Bitonio, Carr, Savage, Kareem Martin, Hill, Murray, Campanaro, Shazier and Beckham are all guys I feel like a solid chunk of the media have already jumped on, but I like it.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
There's 7 rounds in the draft.

It's beyond rational to suggest Boyd won't even be drafted.
He's not an NFL level passer and isn't athletic enough to play anywhere else. We'll see on draft day. If he goes before the 6th I'll be shocked.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He's not an NFL level passer and isn't athletic enough to play anywhere else. We'll see on draft day. If he goes before the 6th I'll be shocked.
After the 3rd/4th rounds many teams are looking for solid backup QB type prospects.

You're arguing essentially that Boyd isn't talented enough to hold a clipboard.

I think several teams see him as a developmental guy but maybe not a future starter.

I'd like to see your list of QBs you'd take ahead of Boyd after the 4th round.
Boyd is a streaky QB but really wasn't consistent in his overall game. But he's shown enough to have solid backup potential in the NFL. His combination of arm strength and mobility are better than most QBs in the NFL.

I haven't really seen or read anything where Boyd's draft grade is being ripped by evaluators.

It's funny how the draft works.

Boyd is 5x the college QB that Locker was, yet no one ever said Locker is undraftable.
Boyd is better than Gabbert, and I'd give him a push as a bit better than Ponder.

Yet Boyd is the one who has no business in the NFL.lol

If Tajh isn't at least on some team's practice squad, I'll be more surprised.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Deone Bucannon worth a late 1st round pick or is he too limited in man coverage?
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Savage has been invited to the draft...he has been gaining alot of traction with the more football savvy analysts - I think Brandt was the first guy to really talk about him as a viable prospect and now it seems that he is going to be a 3-4th rounder.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Yes, I agree 100 %. ;)

Also I agree w you all..Bitonio, Kareem Martin, Exum, Attaochu off the top of my head. Also think teams may value what L'damian Washington brings more than the media has to this point.

Last edited by Jas : 04-18-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:21 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Tom Savage has been invited to the draft...he has been gaining alot of traction with the more football savvy analysts - I think Brandt was the first guy to really talk about him as a viable prospect and now it seems that he is going to be a 3-4th rounder.
I don't think Tom Savage has the mental makeup to be a successful NFL QB.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:26 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I don't think Tom Savage has the mental makeup to be a successful NFL QB.
This is the smartest and most correct thing you've ever said and ever will say ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:39 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Martavis Bryant
Keith McGill
Bryant is terrible. Terrence Tolliver 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote