Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-22-2014, 04:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Character Red Flags 2014

Aaron Hernandez killed like two people, DJax was just released for reasons unrelated to gameday performance, and Will Hill just Will Hill'd the Giants after teasing them for two years.

The culture of "we draft guys who rob banks" is something teams are being more and more careful about shifting away from.

So, who are the character risks this year in terms of off-field issues? Lewan, Hill, who else?

And who are the work ethic character risks? I heard a rumor that Odell Beckham Jr. doesn't like to practice and obviously we all know about Clowney's saga.

90% of draft busts happen because the player lacks the work ethic, love of the game, or football character to put in the necessary work at his craft. Who are the risks this year?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OT Taylor Lewan
TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Jeremy Hill
CB Bradley Roby
CB Loucheiz Purifoy
RB Lache Seastrunk
TE Eric Ebron
WR Odell Beckham Jr.
DT RaShede Hageman
OT Seantrel Henderson
WR Brandon Coleman
RB Isaiah Crowell
DE Aaron Lynch
LB Prince Shembo
TE Colt Lyerla
TE A.C. Leonard

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:01 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone on another forum said they didn't like Martavis Bryant because of character concerns; is there any substance to that? Because I wouldn't consider getting excessively down on yourself for dropping passes a character concern.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
OT Taylor Lewan
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Jeremy Hill
CB Bradley Roby
CB Loucheiz Purifoy
RB Lache Seastrunk
TE Eric Ebron
WR Odell Beckham Jr.
DT RaShede Hageman
OT Seantrel Henderson
WR Brandon Coleman
RB Isaiah Crowell
DE Aaron Lynch
LB Prince Shembo
TE Colt Lyerla
TE A.C. Leonard
A one-sentence snippet of what the issue is with these guys would be fantastic.

As for Martavis Bryant, he was suspended for something with study hall and not meeting academic requirements. Then he made a throat-slashing gesture this year. Immature is what people say about him.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:32 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Quote:
OT Seantrel Henderson
What is there not to say about this guy smh. Coming out of HS he had #1 Overall written all over him, I envisioned Orlando Pace-like. He really lacks work ethic because it's very apparent he has faded to obscurity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:38 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any player from a non-affluent background would carry major red flags if they had the Manziel family history.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm sorry but brandon coleman? Are you kidding me? I know "scotty homer things" but Coleman is literally probably the best human being in this draft. That's a hyperbole but there's literally not a single reason for him to be on there. none. unless you're saying he's not a leader being a character concern.

i'm upset and concerned because your sig is Sanu, but I can't let ignorance like that be spread. Coleman's known for staying in, being soft-spoken and never getting into trouble. ever. I never saw the dude out at a party or bar and everyone said he's the type to stay in and not go out partying. i'm really confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:26 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OT Taylor Lewan
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Jeremy Hill
CB Bradley Roby
CB Loucheiz Purifoy
RB Lache Seastrunk
TE Eric Ebron
WR Odell Beckham Jr.
DT RaShede Hageman
OT Seantrel Henderson

WR Brandon Coleman
RB Isaiah Crowell
DE Aaron Lynch
LB Prince Shembo
TE Colt Lyerla
TE A.C. Leonard
I need more info...
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As for Martavis Bryant, he was suspended for something with study hall and not meeting academic requirements. Then he made a throat-slashing gesture this year. Immature is what people say about him.
That's pretty well right on.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Any player from a non-affluent background would carry major red flags if they had the Manziel family history.
Jameis Winston while we're digressing.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:19 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i'm sorry but brandon coleman? Are you kidding me? I know "scotty homer things" but Coleman is literally probably the best human being in this draft. That's a hyperbole but there's literally not a single reason for him to be on there. none. unless you're saying he's not a leader being a character concern.

i'm upset and concerned because your sig is Sanu, but I can't let ignorance like that be spread. Coleman's known for staying in, being soft-spoken and never getting into trouble. ever. I never saw the dude out at a party or bar and everyone said he's the type to stay in and not go out partying. i'm really confused
Unfortunately he's reaching if everything you are saying checks out.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 04-22-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
I need more info...
I did not mean to put Brandon Coleman down I was thinking of someone else. These are just players I could think of off the top of my head there is more then this.

Taylor Lewan- Misdemeanor Assault Chargers and huge Ego.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins- DUI Chargers

Carlos Hyde- Assault Chargers Dropped, but still suspended from team and will still be a question for some teams and a red flag.

Jeremy Hill- Arrested for Assault and Suspended from the team.

Bradley Roby- Battery Chargers were dropped, but same thing with Hyde was still suspended and still a question mark against him.

Loucheiz Purifoy- Caught with drugs and was suspended from Florida for 1 game. Chargers was also dropped. Rumored to be a huge pot head.

Lache Seastrunk- Whole Recruiting process to Oregon was very shady. Also rumored to have a Ego.

Eric Ebron- Huge Ego and rumored to be very lazy.

Odell Beckham Jr.- Ego and very lazy same as Ebron.

RaShede Hageman- His whole Family background and how he was brought up will be a Red flag to some teams.

Seantrel Henderson- Admitted to drug use, lazy, and suspended while at Miami.

Isaiah Crowell- Gun Arrest that lead to being kicked off Georgia.

Aaron Lynch- Very Very Lazy

Prince Shembo- Alleged Sexual Assault while at Notre Dame. Claims innocence but still a red flag.

Colt Lyerla- What can not be said about this guy.

A.C. Leonard- Misdemeanor Battery Chargers had to then transfer from Florida.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-23-2014, 12:01 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The "character concern" question can be very interesting.

What one person might see as a concern another might see as a positive trait.

I'll use Ra'Shede Hageman as an example.

He was a fetal-alcohol baby.
His father was killed before he met him.
His mother was a crack-addicted prostitute.
Children's Services rescued him from being locked in a crack-house closet at age 4.
He lived in foster care throughout the remainder of his childhood.

Many will look at his early life as a HUGE concern.

While others may look at it as someone who was able to make something of his life even though he was dealt the worst hand at the table.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I don't understand how any of those things are character concerns. Those circumstances say nothing negative about his character and it's very positive that he's been able to come this far.

Has HE himself ever gotten in trouble or done anything wrong? That's way more important.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:13 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:

RaShede Hageman- His whole Family background and how he was brought up will be a Red flag to some teams.
Add Marqise Lee too I guess

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 04-23-2014, 12:15 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, there's no concern with Hageman there.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't understand how any of those things are character concerns. Those circumstances say nothing negative about his character and it's very positive that he's been able to come this far.

Has HE himself ever gotten in trouble or done anything wrong? That's way more important.
It is the way it is in the NFL. Some teams will mark you down as red flag for a family background. Michael Oher had to go through the same thing. Not saying it is right, but some teams will count it against you.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-23-2014, 12:25 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Oher had character concerns that affected his draft stock?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Oher had character concerns that affected his draft stock?
No some team or teams had him red flagged because of his family background. The same thing that will happen to Hageman.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-23-2014, 12:28 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, a person's upbringing has a tremendous affect on their makeup. Indeed, someone can overcome a terrible childhood to achieve success (positive trait) but it could still be a "concern."

The word "concern" always carries negative connotation but having concern for someone's character doesn't mean they have bad character.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:55 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No some team or teams had him red flagged because of his family background. The same thing that will happen to Hageman.
Didn't effect Dez Bryant.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 04-23-2014, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Didn't effect Dez Bryant.
edit: never mind. Took me a minute to figure out you were joking because I'm an idiot.

Last edited by Monomach : 04-23-2014 at 01:15 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:14 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also throw in:

Terrence West (Towson) - poor background, Josh Buchanan thinks it may drop him from 2nd to 3rd range (and the other similar backs Hyde, Hill and Andre Williams might drop him to day three - Hyde and Hill both also red flags so very tough to work out these guys).

Jordan Matthews - hard worker, but has an ego.

Jimmy Ward - lack of maturity.

Ka'Deem Carey - charged with assault against then pregnant girlfriend - charges dropped but maturity a question.

Josh Huff - didn't have a great support system growing up and therefore is not mature. Believe he's on the right track, but will need guidance.

Demarcus Lawrence - haven't seen many details, but Nolan Nawrocki mentioned his character and stability needs to be looked at - think he's very confident which might turn some off.

Kelcy Quarles - believe character was a concern anyway, but involved in recent Vic Hampton incident (not sure Hampton is the best guy to hang with a month before the Draft...).

Will Sutton - maturity/work ethic.

Adrian Hubbard - big ego.

A bit more on some already mentioned:

ASJ - DUI was a one off mistake, think he's OK.

Carlos Hyde - very remorseful about his mistake and again think he's OK.

Loucheiz Purifoy (and Marcus Roberson) - both just minor issues, both no real concern.

I contacted South Carolina about Vic Hampton and they elected to "pass" on my request which about sums things up.

If you do some digging, there are some good articles out there about Mettenberger and Hill - seems that Hill is the bigger risk, although he is a very well spoken young man.

Believe Lache Seastrunk just has a rather quirky personality.

I also believe Aaron Lynch there are some concerns about his support system - have read on multiple sites that NFL teams have dropped him big time after investigation (but it only takes one to take a chance on that kind of talent).
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple of late round safeties Jonathan Dowling and Nickoe Whitley have some skills but have character concerns.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think ego problems, work ethic questions or hanging out and having a beer are character issues. If they were they wouldn't have enough players to fill a roster.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote