Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2014, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Gil Brandt's Top 100

This list probably won't change much if at all right up to the draft. It likely represents the Cowboys actual draft board as his contacts within that organization are about as solid as it gets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ad-draft-class

And an extra 25 for good measure.

At least we have a solid opinion on where Cyrus Kouandjio has settled. The red flags on his knees must have been put to rest.

I think Attaochu is an extremely interesting prospect who is my sleeper to rise on draft day.

He also has Carl Bradford pretty high.

He sure has dropped David Yankey out of sight and I agree that Gabe Jackson, a prospect who doesn't keep himself in shape, belongs in round 4.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 04-26-2014 at 03:35 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:37 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cue everyone amending their top 100's!! Interesting list. Loves one OG who can't stay in shape (Cyril Richardson) and doesn't like another (Gabe Jackson) - odd. Probably just best to wait for Bob McGinn's or perhaps Mayock's.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This idea that a guy would base his entire top 100 on one team's draft board or that a team would leak, 2 weeks prior to the draft, its entire draft board because they like a washed up journalist is just ridiculous. I'm sure Brandt has some nice contacts and gets a few tidbits, but there is just no way its on the level you suggest. It would destroy all leverage and surprise element for the Cowboys
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
offbyone
Rookie

offbyone is a cocksman.offbyone is a cocksman.offbyone is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
Cue everyone amending their top 100's!! Interesting list. Loves one OG who can't stay in shape (Cyril Richardson) and doesn't like another (Gabe Jackson) - odd. Probably just best to wait for Bob McGinn's or perhaps Mayock's.
I agree, weird. He seems to be for picking a Guard in the first round but then doesn't have Jackson until the 4th. Many legitimately argue Jackson to be the best guard in the draft. Seems inconsistent. He has Antonio Richardson at 118 which is fairly consistent with his pre combine analysis, but then I see Moses at 30 and he wasn't considered anything special until the combine.

His board seems to be more representative of potential than actual performance. But All these drastically changed boards after pro days are BS in my mind. Unless you learn major character issues, draft position shouldn't change significantly after the season. A good or bad 40 time might move someone 1/2 a round, but the tape should represent a pretty firm baseline.
offbyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the deal with Antonio Richardson is his hip and knee problems - he's a big man, so makes it harder for his body to hold him up.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the deal with Antonio Richardson is his hip and knee problems - he's a big man, so makes it harder for his body to hold him up.
I agree, Richardson isn't 100% just yet and could even miss a whole season until he is fully healed.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
This idea that a guy would base his entire top 100 on one team's draft board or that a team would leak, 2 weeks prior to the draft, its entire draft board because they like a washed up journalist is just ridiculous. I'm sure Brandt has some nice contacts and gets a few tidbits, but there is just no way its on the level you suggest. It would destroy all leverage and surprise element for the Cowboys
Well, the two guys who are both connected to the Cowboys, get an awful lot of correct picks every year and there was a year where one got accused of using the other's list, said he mistook it for his own and I believed both lists were so close that it was an easy mistake, since both came from the same source, the Cowboy's draft board.

They may mix it up slightly to protect their source, but I truly believe this top 100 and 25 comes directly from the Cowboys. After all, it just takes one source to hand over a list to a close friend for it to happen.

Of course, one team's draft board won't tell you completely about the draft, because different systems require different personnel both on offense and on defense and the Cowboy's draft board will just suit their offensive and defensive systems.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just going to point out that last year he published a top 100+25 right before the draft and he still had Matt Barkley at #22 and ahead of EJ Manuel. Overall though his lists are usually solid.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
This list probably won't change much if at all right up to the draft. It likely represents the Cowboys actual draft board as his contacts within that organization are about as solid as it gets.
What a joke. He got fired in 1989.

1. No one he worked with is still working there.

2. The fact that you think a team would hand a washed up, senile old man that THEY FIRED their actual draft board so he could go off and tell the entire world...hahahahahaha.

The only access Brandt really has is the same access to ******** smokescreens that every other journalist has.

Quote:
I don't think anyone around here (other than Brandt's stalker, IAC), would modify anything based on what he says. There's a reason he hasn't had a job in the NFL since getting fired 25 years ago. The game changed and passed him by.

Last edited by Monomach : 04-26-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't IAC like 70? Aren't we overlooking the possibility that he IS Gil Brandt?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
What a joke. He got fired in 1989.

1. No one he worked with is still working there.

2. The fact that you think a team would hand a washed up, senile old man that THEY FIRED their actual draft board so he could go off and tell the entire world...hahahahahaha.

The only access Brandt really has is the same access to ******** smokescreens that every other journalist has.

I don't think anyone around here (other than Brandt's stalker, IAC), would modify anything based on what he says. There's a reason he hasn't had a job in the NFL since getting fired 25 years ago. The game changed and passed him by.
Yeah, that's why the NFL pays him to report on the draft because he's too senile to know what he is doing and that is why I've seen him get 29 correct first rounders. But you go right on insulting him, it's what you do best, because you haven't a clue about getting things correct. Much better at insulting people so you can get off on it, than researching for the facts.

You must have a real pitiful life to spend your time trolling so you can throw out insults rather than contributing to the conversation. Obvious to everybody that you really don't know a whole lot about the draft, otherwise you would stick to the facts and stop with the rubbish.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Yeah, that's why the NFL pays him to report on the draft because he's too senile to know what he is doing and that is why I've seen him get 29 correct first rounders. But you go right on insulting him, it's what you do best, because you haven't a clue about getting things correct. Much better at insulting people so you can get off on it, than researching for the facts.

You must have a real pitiful life to spend your time trolling so you can throw out insults rather than contributing to the conversation. Obvious to everybody that you really don't know a whole lot about the draft, otherwise you would stick to the facts and stop with the rubbish.
Oh, bullpookey. I have plenty of threads in which I show you exactly how much I know about the draft.

I also happen to call out utter stupidity when I see it...like believing that a journalist is given a draft board by the team that fired him a million years ago so that he can show it to everyone.

So stupid it hurts. Seriously, there aren't enough words to describe how ******** you are for Gil Brandt...and it's not like I'm the only person who's called you on it. You're a running joke here because you keep posting the same guy's stuff over and over and you keep believing that he's given inside information by a team so that he can hurt them.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Oh, bullpookey. I have plenty of threads in which I show you exactly how much I know about the draft.

I also happen to call out utter stupidity when I see it...like believing that a journalist is given a draft board by the team that fired him a million years ago so that he can show it to everyone.

So stupid it hurts. Seriously, there aren't enough words to describe how ******** you are for Gil Brandt...and it's not like I'm the only person who's called you on it. You're a running joke here because you keep posting the same guy's stuff over and over and you keep believing that he's given inside information by a team so that he can hurt them.
He was a scout in their system since the 60's and became their Director of Scouting till 1989, some 25 plus year on the job for the Cowboys. Over that period, the Cowboys were an extremely successful franchise and became America's team, no mean feat. By 1989, he was pretty old probably in his late sixties if not older, so it is perfectly normal that he would give up his duties and take semi retirement. However, he is so respected in the NFL, that they brought him back and paid him to analysis the draft, where his prognosis's are one of the best in the business.

To this day, he sits with Jerry Jones at the Combine and together they time each prospect's 40 together. I notice you have no comeback on how he gets close to 29 correct first rounders or close, in each draft year.

You have no respect for one of the great drafters of all time, which doesn't surprise me because you love throwing out insults to get your thrills.

Yes, I have no real way of knowing if indeed Bryant gets his hands on the Cowboy's real Draft Board, but he and another Dallas reporter are the most consistent draft predictors I've ever come across, getting consistently higher correct #'s in predicting the draft. In fact, a year ago, Brandt mistook his own board for that of the Dallas reporter who is also excellent at predicting the draft, just goes to show how close they were in similarity, so I don't think a projection that they both get their ideas from the same source is that far off.

I'd say that anybody who doesn't respect Gil Brandt's ability to predict the draft is the stupid one here, but I know it will go right over your head, you love the insults to try and bully people, so keep it up so we can all see what you are really like.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

No, he absolutely was not in his late sixties. He was fifty-six at the time of his firing, pretty much a baby by front office standards. No one hired him after that because he was not doing a good job. The Boys were coming off of one of the worst periods in franchise history. Jimmy Johnson had to come in and draft/sign a mostly new team to bring them back to contending because all of the draft guys who were left over had lost the touch.

I didn't respond to your claim that "he gets close to 29 correct first rounders or close, in each draft year" because:

1) it's simply not true that he gets close to 29 every year
and
2) almost everyone approaches the mid 20s, even random guys here on the board

You don't gain respectability by correctly predicting that Khalil Mack will go in the first round. You gain it when you correctly predict that Tyson Alualu will go in the top ten (no one did...Brandt had him in the fifties, like everyone else in the world). Now if someone came along and did that more than once...he'd prove that he's not just another greedy little mouthpiece begging for real movers and shakers to throw him a few red meat smokescreens to generate views.

Last edited by Monomach : 04-27-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:52 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend

Why are we still pimping out Gil Brandt's rankings?????
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:11 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really haven't seen anything that makes me believe Gil Brandt is better than any other random media source. He seems to buy into the same rumors and smokescreens that every other draft guy at NFLN does. Their lists are mostly interchangeable IMO.

Also, looking over his list from last season, he had Matt Scott rated ahead of Giovani Bernard....

Last edited by fredder : 04-27-2014 at 06:20 PM.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

A lot of Gil Brandt hatred here. I have had a chance to meet Mr. Brandt and he is an incredibly nice guy.