Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 08:28 PM    (permalink
slats7
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 84
Reputation: 34453
slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
He never directly applied it to any individual, thus the first part of your argument is irrelevant. He didn't come out and say "Bill O'Brien is a racist because he believes that Black QB's aren't good leaders."
Right. Instead of defaming one person in particular, he cowardly defames every person who might have soured on Bridgewater recently--which is a lot of people.

Quote:
He alluded to the fact that there could be some racial bias either consciously or subconsciously towards black QB's by in large in the NFL. That's hardly a damning indictment of anyone, and certainly puts nobody's job in danger. You're making a mountain out of less than a molehill.
With zero proof whatsoever. That's responsible reporting? Is a dearth of white players in the NBA indicative of racism too?

Quote:
He doesn't even suggest that racism is the cause. This is exactly what he said:

He suggests that it's easy to speculate racism is in play, but than it says it's more likely a result of the bolded. You were too busy trying to be controversial, you dumbed down the argument.
So he knew the racism charge was baseless, yet he brought it up anyway. Lovely. Bridgewater is falling because of a poor pro day, poor private workouts, and a low Wonderlic score for a QB. The only place you'll find racism is in Adelson's fevered imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtheofend View Post
You have to remember your dealing with lowest common denominator beings here
MSNBC viewers?

Quote:
If you even mention "race" even if you are just trying to prove a factual point they become sensitive and immediately start with the "race card" charade

If anything it exposes them for who they are
sensible people who are sick of bogus charges of racism? guilty as charged.
slats7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 374
Reputation: -4135
worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
Right. Instead of defaming one person in particular, he cowardly defames every person who might have soured on Bridgewater recently--which is a lot of people.

With zero proof whatsoever. That's responsible reporting? Is a dearth of white players in the NBA indicative of racism too?

So he knew the racism charge was baseless, yet he brought it up anyway. Lovely. Bridgewater is falling because of a poor pro day, poor private workouts, and a low Wonderlic score for a QB. The only place you'll find racism is in Adelson's fevered imagination.



MSNBC viewers?

sensible people who are sick of bogus charges of racism? guilty as charged.
Don Sterling is this you????

1. Typical low level thinker to assume that just because he mentioned race he is insinuating in anyway racism or racial undertones was involved in the decision making process\

2. I wish people like you didn't watch football. Go watch your NASCAR go watch your hockey but stop watching football

3. You don't get it, the only reason why he brought it up is to dissuade people who do in fact think that from actually thinking that and proving it through other means

4. Everyone knows he had a poor pro day, you don't know how his private workouts went and if your dumb enough to attribute a wonderlic score to football intelligence, I can't help you

5. You a typical Fox News clown, any semblance of reality you get your panties twisted up in a bun

worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
slats7
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 84
Reputation: 34453
slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtheofend View Post
Don Sterling is this you????
Objecting to baseless racebaiting makes me Don Sterling? Nice logic, libtard.

Quote:
1. Typical low level thinker to assume that just because he mentioned race he is insinuating in anyway racism or racial undertones was involved in the decision making process\
So why did he bring it up if it has no merit? And it didn't.

Quote:
2. I wish people like you didn't watch football. Go watch your NASCAR go watch your hockey but stop watching football
You think NASCAR fans watch hockey? You're dimmer than I thought. BTW, I hope you're not insinuating that fans of those sports are racists.

Quote:
3. You don't get it, the only reason why he brought it up is to dissuade people who do in fact think that from actually thinking that and proving it through other means
Strawman argument. No one thinks like that. He's the first columnist I've seen to even bring it up.

Quote:
4. Everyone knows he had a poor pro day, you don't know how his private workouts went and if your dumb enough to attribute a wonderlic score to football intelligence, I can't help you
20 is an alarmingly low score for a cerebral position like QB. Why are they giving these tests annually if they don't help with the evaluation process?

Quote:
5. You a typical Fox News clown, any semblance of reality you get your panties twisted up in a bun
If you were any dumber you'd be a NYT subscriber.
slats7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 21,448
Reputation: 3111464
Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
Objecting to baseless racebaiting makes me Don Sterling? Nice logic, libtard.



So why did he bring it up if it has no merit? And it didn't.



You think NASCAR fans watch hockey? You're dimmer than I thought. BTW, I hope you're not insinuating that fans of those sports are racists.



Strawman argument. No one thinks like that. He's the first columnist I've seen to even bring it up.



20 is an alarmingly low score for a cerebral position like QB. Why are they giving these tests annually if they don't help with the evaluation process?



If you were any dumber you'd be a NYT subscriber.
Don't lower yourself with the MSNBC and NYT bashing. He isn't bright enough to know what those outlets are.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,095
Reputation: 1981178
cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Well this thread got even more terrible very quickly.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:58 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 374
Reputation: -4135
worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
Objecting to baseless racebaiting makes me Don Sterling? Nice logic, libtard.



So why did he bring it up if it has no merit? And it didn't.



You think NASCAR fans watch hockey? You're dimmer than I thought. BTW, I hope you're not insinuating that fans of those sports are racists.



Strawman argument. No one thinks like that. He's the first columnist I've seen to even bring it up.



20 is an alarmingly low score for a cerebral position like QB. Why are they giving these tests annually if they don't help with the evaluation process?



If you were any dumber you'd be a NYT subscriber.
Hahahaha libtard????


You guys operate like schoolchildren with these ridiculous nicknames.

Your clueless, obviously dropped way too many times as a kid. The only reason he brought up race was to kill the argument about race. Don't you get it???

Are you seriously this clueless???

Worse yet is that you are allowed to vote, My God....

You don't get the concept of the wonderlic test, much of it is testing the academic capacity of prospects, not their football IQ.

Marino, Kelly, Bradshaw and McNabb all have scores under 20. Three of them are in the HOF

Your viewership of Fox News explains you in fool

You are a moron, stop watching football and watch something else that suites your tastes
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:00 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 374
Reputation: -4135
worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Don't lower yourself with the MSNBC and NYT bashing. He isn't bright enough to know what those outlets are.
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 621
Reputation: 204874
E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Wait, this is the draft forum, right?
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:12 PM    (permalink
slats7
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 84
Reputation: 34453
slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Marino, Kelly, Bradshaw and McNabb all have scores under 20. Three of them are in the HOF
I'm well aware of their outlier scores, Gomer. Unlike Teddy, most of those guys came from big-time football programs or had physical skills too great to be ignored. McNabb? The **** out of here.

BTW, I canceled my cable like five years ago, so Fox News is a nonentity in my life. Sorry.
slats7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 374
Reputation: -4135
worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
I'm well aware of their outlier scores, Gomer. Unlike Teddy, most of those guys came from big-time football programs or had physical skills too great to be ignored. McNabb? The **** out of here.

BTW, I canceled my cable like five years ago, so Fox News is a nonentity in my life. Sorry.
Has nothing to do with "big time programs" or "physical"

They were just very good qbs

Great decision makers, accurate, had great pocket presence, very bright qbs

The physical skillset was just a added bonus\

McNabb was top 5 in his prime


Good keep it canceled, you don't need it to be come one
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 9,795
Reputation: 1472737
J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
I don't agree with Bridgewater's fall but this is just dumb.

Cam went #1 in 2011.
RG3 went #2 in 2012.
The top 2 QBs drafted last year were black.

Clearly people are still racist towards black QBs.......
WINNER WINNER
__________________
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 374
Reputation: -4135
worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
WINNER WINNER
No one even insinuated that he fall had anything to do with race
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 9,795
Reputation: 1472737
J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtheofend View Post
No one even insinuated that he fall had anything to do with race
Oh it always does if it's negative towards any black QB.
Ask Warren Moon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-quarterbacks/

Quote:
But while the NFL has made some progress on that front, Moon doesn’t think that progress has been sufficient: Moon told USA Today that he believes black quarterbacks are still held back by evaluators who view them unfairly.

Specifically, Moon noted that West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith was the subject of a scathing assessment that in Moon’s opinion crossed the line

“It sounds the same as two years ago,” Moon said. “It just shows that there are a lot of people in society who have the biases and stereotypes. And most of it is about your integrity or leadership or work ethic — all of these intangible things.”
Quote:
blacknole08 says:
Apr 24, 2013 3:23 PM
Geno Smith will likely be the first QB taken tomorrow. E.J. Manuel might be a first rounder too.
Cam Newton was taken 1st a few years ago. RG3 picked #2 last year.
Please stop playing the race card.
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.U2BkIbNOWAY
Quote:
Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Moon alleged this week that there is racism coloring the perception of top NFL draft prospect Cam Newton.

Moon told CBSSports.com that he is upset by depiction of Newton, the defending Heisman Trophy winner from Auburn, as being somehow unfit to run an NFL offense.

"A lot of the criticism he's receiving is unfortunate and racially based," Moon told CBS Sports. "I thought we were all past this. I don't see other quarterbacks in the draft being criticized by the media or fans about their smile or called a phony.

"He's being held to different standards from white quarterbacks. I thought we were past all this stuff about African-American quarterbacks, but I guess we're not."

Newton is projected as a likely first-round pick, and perhaps the first overall pick in the draft
__________________
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
slats7
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 84
Reputation: 34453
slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

When black guys plummet, it's racism. When whites like Ryan Nassib fall, it's just ability. Imagine that.
slats7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:58 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 374
Reputation: -4135
worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Oh it always does if it's negative towards any black QB.
Ask Warren Moon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-quarterbacks/




http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.U2BkIbNOWAY
I am not black so I would be remiss to attempt to answer on those charges

Warren Moon is black so he may have his reasons whether we find them credible or not.

Remember era when Moon played in
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:59 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 374
Reputation: -4135
worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
When black guys plummet, it's racism. When whites like Ryan Nassib fall, it's just ability. Imagine that.
Come on man, are you still pushing this ??

Please for the love of god drop the race stuff
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
slats7
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 84
Reputation: 34453
slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Just exposing an insidious double standard. Tell the author to knock off the race crap.
slats7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 374
Reputation: -4135
worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
Just exposing an insidious double standard. Tell the author to knock off the race crap.
I would agree with your argument if the author came out and accused NFL teams of racism. But he didn't.

All he did was bring up the point that some readers might actually believe and disprove it
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:07 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 374
Reputation: -4135
worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend
Default

This obsession with being mentally soft over the word "race" needs to stop and needs to stop now.

This is the NFL, if you can't handle "race" in the conversation stop watching football
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:17 PM    (permalink
slats7
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 84
Reputation: 34453
slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

no need for a "conversation." the fact that a certain percentage of players are black or white is neither interesting nor relevant.

Last edited by slats7 : 04-29-2014 at 10:22 PM.
slats7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,499
Reputation: 198018
Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

A couple of you guys need to forget to log in, forever.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,577
Reputation: 1942112
Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
When black guys plummet, it's racism. When whites like Ryan Nassib fall, it's just ability. Imagine that.
We get it. You're an angry white conservative.

Shut up.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:19 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2nd deck at Stanford Stadium
Posts: 7,939
Reputation: 1782109
niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Using the word white or black as a noun never goes well.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:24 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dodge City
Posts: 7,515
Reputation: 1199061
FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm one of the first people to suggest racial motives if there IMO are any, but you simply cannot throw around that stick of dynamite simply because you don't like the predraft reports on your favorite prospects.

Prospects get shafted all the time when they should have been picked much higher.

Scouting is still more art than science and too often there are more bad GMs in the NFL than good ones.

If Teddy turns out to be the caliber of QB many of us on SWDC believe he potentially can be, several front office execs will lose their jobs in 2-3 years.


If this was 1985, you know who we'd be comparing Teddy's game and physical build?? Joe Montana.

You can still win IMO in today's NFL with a Montana type QB. Of course Montana from the neck up, (his poise under pressure, accuracy and decision making) only a few QBs in NFL history have ever had, but even if a prospect reminds you of only 70-75% of Montana, how is he not a first rounder??

I try not to get caught up about where a prospect SHOULD be selected.
At the end of the day it's totally irrelevant in terms of a player's long term success.

Being a top 5 pick wouldn't make Brady a greater NFL QB. If Peyton was an UDFA, so what??

Players prove who they really are in training camps and on Sundays, and as of right now I'm still very high on Bridgewater.

THis isn't a case like when Warren Moon was one of the best QBs in the nation when he left U Dub with prototype NFL tools, but was deemed unworthy of a draft selection in a 12 round draft.

Teddy should probably be a lock top 10 pick. It's hard to see him falling out of the first round. But he'll still go top 35. After that it's up to him, and hopefully we all get say after the fact all these alleged draft experts don't know what the hell they're talking about half the time.

Like when Gabbert and Ponder were taken top 10.

To be honest, I feel like White RBs and DBs have to deal with more negative racial stereotypes than Black QBs nowadays, which is a good and bad thing.

Someone tipped me that Teddy might be falling for reasons that have nothing to do with football. God Bless Michael Sam.


Not saying TB is cool, (I believe Teddy lost a bet in this photo, not sure) but I do now that many NFL franchises behind closed door are very homophobic at the management level.

Bottom line, I take most draft evaluations at face value and judge whether or not I think they're accurate or not. I don't ascribe blanket racial motives for the reason someone downgrades a Black QB prospect.

Other than when a writer(Nawrocki) attempts to pyschoanalyze a prospect he's never met, or tell outright lies about their work ethic.

If falling in the draft wasn't too much for Aaron Rodgers, Teddy can handle it too.
__________________

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 04-30-2014 at 08:46 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,577
Reputation: 1942112
Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Using the word white or black as a noun never goes well.
Like "Redskins?"

Now that you bring up using color as a noun...I have no doubt people would flip their **** if a team named themselves "Whiteskins" or "Blackskins."

Is "Redskins" more acceptable to us (yes, including me and I'm a little ashamed of it) because we killed most of them off and never see them out at the grocery store or gym or whatever?


Last edited by Monomach : 04-30-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.