Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the best mlb?
Ray Lewis 23 13.14%
Brian Urlacher 104 59.43%
Zach Thomas 9 5.14%
Al Wilson 3 1.71%
Mike Peterson 3 1.71%
Jonathan Vilma 14 8.00%
London Fletcher 2 1.14%
Demeco Ryans 14 8.00%
Lofa Tatupu 3 1.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2007, 08:01 AM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brian Urlacher in the best right now but when you compare Ray and Brian throughout there careers and watching them play Ray Lewis is much better than Brian urlacher. Ray has got the super bowl ring and the DPOY awards. Urlacher has 1 DPOY award and will probably get a ring in a couple of years.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

if the Jets played a 4-3 Vilma would be top 2 but I voted for him anyways cuz he's definately the coolest MLB in the league.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urlacher without a doubt

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Urlacher.

Not sure why you gave that many options. While the players you listed are good players, about half of them I would not even consider as being the best MLB in the NFL right now.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Urlacher is the man, but Ill stick Ray Lewis all day. Hes not quite as dominating as he used to be but he is an emotional leader that Urlacher will never be.
You'd pick Lewis over Urlacher right now because he's an emotional leader? Lewis isn't half the player he used to be. And there's no debate here, Urlacher is the best in the game right now, period, end of story.

Lewis in his prime > Urlacher. Urlacher >>>>>> Lewis right now.

Brian does everything very well. He's great against the run, he's great in pass coverage, he's a great tackler, he's very smart, he can run sideline to sideline, he lines up our defense, and he calls the plays. He's the best MLB in the game right now and there's no doubt about that.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
You'd pick Lewis over Urlacher right now because he's an emotional leader? Lewis isn't half the player he used to be. And there's no debate here, Urlacher is the best in the game right now, period, end of story.

Lewis in his prime > Urlacher. Urlacher >>>>>> Lewis right now.

Brian does everything very well. He's great against the run, he's great in pass coverage, he's a great tackler, he's very smart, he can run sideline to sideline, he lines up our defense, and he calls the plays. He's the best MLB in the game right now and there's no doubt about that.
great post, postive rep ;)

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Demeco Ryans will be the best in 3 years.

I'm callin it.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Urlacher probably, but I still like Ray Lewis a lot. Zach Thomas deserves some love, too.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

urlacher.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoobeid32 View Post
RAY LEWIS BY MILES!!!!!!!!!!

Do i need to remind anyone of Urlacher pissing his pants against the steelers a year ago? when Bettis HAMMERED HIM and made him look like a Junior Varisty kicker. Ray Lewis on the other hand can do everything. He is also the best All time.
Good thing your not Bias.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Urlacher and it ain't even close no poll needed.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Brian Urlacher.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

I voted for Vilma because if he went a team that ran the 4-3 he'd be as good as Urlacher.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
kirk morrison should be on the list
Wheres Barnett, has had 100 tackles every year since he was drafted

Regardless, Ray is the best, with our w/o Barnett on there. He still brings alot to the game and is an intimidating factor.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Or because your a Texans fan...

^^^TheChampIsHere is exactly right. Demeco doesn't have the physical tools to be that good. Hard work and intangibles can only get you so far.
He was 2nd in the league in tackles as a rookie, led the league in solo tackles. Over 6-1 235, runs in the 4.6s. He doesn't have elite tools but apparently hard work and intangibles can get you so far.

As of right now, it's Urlacher because of the lack of competition, but I'd take Ryans over him, as well as a few other guys.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
T-Money

ray lewis the man is a beast
Old 04-07-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
thank you ...

every MLB list without trotter is nonsense
Trotter played horribly compared to usual last season. He didn't have the best play from his DT's, and he was the only good run-support LB until later in the season, but it was a very sub-par season for him. Honestly as an Eagles fan, Trotter does not belong on this list nor was I surprised he wasn't on here.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i voted for urlacher but i think mike peterson is closly behind him

plus i think that larry foote and james farrior should be on the list but thats just a homer pick
Old 04-07-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Brian Urlacher by a landslide.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Brian Urlacher by a landslide.
I was suprised to see that becuase I was expecting a little more hometown bias but Urlacher has the majority of the votes

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Demeco will be good but he'll never be on the level of Ray Ray or Urlacher. He isnt big enough, fast enough, athletic enough, etc. He isn't that kind of playmaker or huge hitter. He'll be an excellent MLB for the next 10 years I expect but never quite on the elite level, you really have to be a special player to do that. Ryans racks up tackles but theres more to be a dominating LB than that. IMO, next in line = Patrick Willis. Im also a big Buster Davis fan, I think hes the next Jon Vilma.
You obviously haven't watched him play enough. Demeco is a playmaker, you would think a Raiders fan would know this. Without Demeco we would have lost that game against you guys. That was one of the most dominant performances by a MLB I have seen in quite a while. 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int., 3 passes def., a FF, and a fumble recovery. Demeco is a playmaker, and there is no denying that.

He isn't big enough? 6'2 is plenty tall for a LB, and you are a complete hypocrite since you are a Buster Davis fan because he is only 5'9. I really like Buster Davis too, but that's because I'm not completely hung up on measurables. Ryans can lay the huge hit, and does so plenty of the time, there aren't any videos up of him in the NFL yet, but here's one from college.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRiDyQ2_KiM

Demeco's speed on the field is extremely fast. Just watching him you would think he was able to run a 4.45-4.5 40. What he lacks in straight line speed, he makes up for in instincts. He has some of the best instincts in the NFL, and is always the first to break up a play. His instincts boost his speed on the field because he knows exactly where to go, and goes to it sooner.

I said I would take him right now because as a rookie he put up perhaps the most dominant season by a rookie LB in NFL history. Imagine what he can do once he's reached his full potential. Urlacher's got about 5 seasons left where he can play at a high level, Demeco's just starting, and most agree he's going to be very good, so yes I would rather have Demeco at this point.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Or because your a Texans fan...

^^^TheChampIsHere is exactly right. Demeco doesn't have the physical tools to be that good. Hard work and intangibles can only get you so far.
You sound quite a bit like all of the scouts in last years draft. Size isn't everything, which really isn't even a problem for him anyway.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

trotter. Trotter > Ray Ray > Urlacher
Old 04-07-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
i voted for urlacher but i think mike peterson is closly behind him

plus i think that larry foote and james farrior should be on the list but thats just a homer pick
Mike Peterson is very underrated, but he is greatly helped by the play of the big boys in front of him.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

London Fletcher ;)

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote