Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 04-07-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Panthers shopping Jenkins, Rams interested?

Link

BIG injury questions. The Rams can't get into a position where they're overspending on a guy who can't stay healthy. I don't want another Turley situation on our hands, although he didn't have the injury concerns prior to that trade.

A conditional pick next year would be fantastic, but I suspect they'll want something in 2007 at least. I hope Softli doesn't get caught up on the past and approaches this with the here-and-now firmly in his mind.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The injuries are whats going to always be the question mark. If jenkins can show he can play like he did a few years ago then I would say the Rams would be stupid if they didn't get him. But if he still has problems then it would be a waste of money.

If Jenkins does sign with the Rams how does that change the draft?

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Taking a look at the here and now is exactly what the Rams should do, in that Jenkins was a Pro-Bowler last year and played 16 games, the Rams are as tough as a 15 year old crippled chihuahua on the line, especially the DT spot, and draft picks are by and large overrated. I have heard rumors that the Giants are talking about giving a late 2nd day pick for Jenkins. I would be fine if the Rams even traded their 3rd rounder to get him, hell I'd trade our 2nd personally. Best case scenario is that we get a Pro-Bowler who immediately solidifies the defensive line and defense. Worst case scenario is he is always getting hurt and doesn't do much for us. But let's just take a look at our 3rd round picks since 1999 and see just how valuable those picks really are. 1999 Rich Coady- Got occassional special teams time and never did much on defense; 2000 John St.Clair- We have all witnessed him yelling, "LOOK OUT!!!" repeatedly to the sorry soul he was blocking for; 2001 Brian Allen- Ummm, who?; 2002 Eric Crouch- Rams career consisted of, "Hey everyone, welp, see ya later."; 2002 Lamar Gordon- You can't just find RB's like this guy everyday, wait, yeah you can; 2003 Kevin Curtis- Just a great pick; 2004 Tony Hargrove- Boom or bust pick and now that we have waisted a 3rd rounder on him we gain a 5th rounder by trading him, safe to say that means bust; 2005 Richie Incognito- Took a little while for him to get healthy and crack the squad, but appears to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come; 2005 Oshiomogho Atogwe- Sky looks to be the limit for him, a ball-hawking safety; 2006 Dominque Byrd- DUI and arrest machine, likely to be cut or on the practice squad, will never amount to anything; 2006 Claude Wroten and Jon Alston- Too early to tell. So basically there are 10 of them who we can make judgements on right now. Seven of them (Coady, St.Clair, Allen, Crouch, Gordon, Hargrove, and Byrd) have done nothing or next to nothing for the Rams or anyone for that matter, while three appear to be very solid players with Atogwe and Incognito having the potential to be among the best at their position and Curtis a solid number 2 and excellent number 3 WR. None have been Pro-Bowlers.

So when it's all said and done we are looking at the best case possibility of adding a Pro-Bowl DT which would immediately solidify the D-line and defense, and the worst case scenario of losing a 3rd round pick and Jenkins getting hurt early and often while contributing very little. Well when 7 of your last 10 3rd round pick have contributed nothing or very little, while only 3 actually became something, I think that you have to take a chance on trading a draft pick for a guy like Jenkins.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Last edited by nfrillman : 04-09-2007 at 10:36 PM.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some have posted that the trade was made for Jenkins. has anyone seen anything yet.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Rams24

i heard that nothing is official but both sides have agreed on compensation which is a 2nd but none of this may happen till draft day