Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-07-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Ernie Sims, leading tackler again next year?

after reading this article, it got me excited about just how much potential ernie sims has. I think hes one if not the best defensive player on our team (not counting our DTs). I know he was the leading tackler last year and i was wondering if people think he will be again next year as well. I would really hope our MLB is our leading tackler but i guess we have to get a good one before that can happen.

http://www.detroitlions.com/document...ment_id=456608
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i think he'll be the leading tackler again he'll only be better this year with more knowledge of the defense
Old 04-07-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big Sims fan myself, he did a great job last year. I expected more sacks out of him though with his kind of speed, but I guess once you have a good DE it will be easier for him to rush from the edge. Will he get more blitzing opportunities this year?
Old 04-07-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I'm a big Sims fan myself, he did a great job last year. I expected more sacks out of him though with his kind of speed, but I guess once you have a good DE it will be easier for him to rush from the edge. Will he get more blitzing opportunities this year?
OH yes. Another year in the system will help everyone, especially the DLine. Add a young pass-rusher and a good MLB to the mix and it'll free him up to tear people apart.

It was basically him last year... the LBers were injured, the DLine was injured... so, with a decent supporting cast, he'll be able to thrive moreso than last year.

That being said, if we get a player like Willis or Beason or Harris... that player may lead the team in tackles while Sims gets more sacks than he did last year.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oh, yeah... that artice excited the CRAP outta me! Such a great player... and a great pick.

Many thought we "reached" for him... does it seem like we reached now?

I don't think it does. He's a hard worker and is evolving into a leader.

Last edited by TacticaLion : 04-07-2007 at 06:35 PM.
TacticaLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Pocket hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At least our leading tackler is not a DB.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect Sims to really be a playmaker this year, forcing more turnovers, getting more sacks, being very disruptive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:57 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

last draft i really wanted Huff, but when the raiders took him before us, I was happy with the sims pickup. and now, with this years LB core so shallow, and the DB core so thick, im glad we picked him up last year.
reinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
dreadedluck

Someone has to be the lead tackler!!! Hopefully him over a CB
Old 04-10-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont have a problem with LB being leading tackler. not at all. I am not sure of the league avg for who leads each team at what position, would be cool to know.
reinar is offline   Reply With Quote