Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 05-30-2014, 01:38 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Shylo3716 Early 2015 Mock

Constructive criticism is asked of you. If you don't agree with your teams selection please give an explanation and list your team needs.

1. Tennessee - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
2. Miami - Leonard Williams, DE, USC
3. Carolina - Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
4. San Diego - Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
5. Dallas - Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
6. Baltimore - Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
7. Minnesota - Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
8. Jacksonville - Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State
9. New York Giants - Landon Collins, S, Alabama
10. San Francisco - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
11. Houston - Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
12. Atlanta - Nelson Agholor, WR, USC
13. Cincinnati - Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
14. Kansas City - Cameron Erving, OT, Florida State
15. St. Louis - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
16. Cleveland via (Buffalo) - Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
17. Green Bay - Vic Beasley, LB, Clemson
18. Cleveland - Mario Edwards, DE, Florida State
19. Washington - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
20. Detroit - P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State
21. New England - Devin Funchess, TE, Michigan
22. Tampa Bay - Dante Fowler, DE, Florida
23. Oakland - La'el Collins, OT, LSU
24. Arizona - Karlos Williams, RB, Florida State
25. Pittsburgh - Jalen Mills, CB, LSU
26. New Orleans - Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami (FL)
27. New York Jets - Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State
28. Philadelphia - Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
29. Denver - Devonte Fields, DE, TCU
30. Chicago - Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland
31. Indianapolis - Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
32. Seattle - Ray Drew, DE, Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:41 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know for a fact! I will be bashed for projections but I wanted to go outside the "norm" a bit, although I believe some of these outrageous seedings are probable.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-30-2014, 07:57 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another year of steelers must draft a CB

I think WR is going to be a big need again for the steelers....Markus Wheaton will have a lot of influence on that though. I dont think Martavis Bryant is very good so they could still be looking for somoene oppoiste brown again
Old 05-30-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Another year of steelers must draft a CB

I think WR is going to be a big need again for the steelers....Markus Wheaton will have a lot of influence on that though. I dont think Martavis Bryant is very good so they could still be looking for somoene oppoiste brown again
I was very surprised that Tomlin neglected the DB spot in the First Round this year, I honestly do not think he will repeat the same pattern the way his guys are aging back there.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-30-2014, 11:23 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I was very surprised that Tomlin neglected the DB spot in the First Round this year, I honestly do not think he will repeat the same pattern the way his guys are aging back there.
the corners always look fantastic when the front 7 is playing well....30-34 sacks a year wont get it done.

This scheme is very tiring for DBs when there no pressure, but you dont need to be the best CB when there is pressure being generated consistenly, its more important to understand it and be comfortable than it is to have a first round draft pick.

That could change, but as it stands now they will continue to address CBs with mid round picks and thats how it should be the way the front 7 take tremendously more value for the current scheme
Old 05-30-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Bengals are picking that high they will be looking for a QB. I really think Dalton has to get over the playoff hump for the Bengals to offer him a decent contract. Winston would be Bengal if he was there.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:50 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
If the Bengals are picking that high they will be looking for a QB. I really think Dalton has to get over the playoff hump for the Bengals to offer him a decent contract. Winston would be Bengal if he was there.
So there is no possible way McCarron will not become the starter?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-30-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So there is no possible way McCarron will not become the starter?
lol McCarron as the starter. If the Bengals passed on Winston because they think McCarron would be more then a back up I would seriously cry. If a franchise QB is there and they are picking in the top 15 I see no way they pass on him

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-30-2014, 05:07 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
lol McCarron as the starter. If the Bengals passed on Winston because they think McCarron would be more then a back up I would seriously cry. If a franchise QB is there and they are picking in the top 15 I see no way they pass on him
The thing with Winston is that I have him sliding even further in this Round but I do not incorporate trades this early. His off the field issues most certainly give me the impression that he will take a hit when it comes to his draft range. Last year we had Bridgewater slated as a lock for the #1 QB spot without the concerns Winston has. Just stating the obvious as of late with these Top QB prospects.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-30-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
The thing with Winston is that I have him sliding even further in this Round but I do not incorporate trades this early. His off the field issues most certainly give me the impression that he will take a hit when it comes to his draft range. Last year we had Bridgewater slated as a lock for the #1 QB spot without the concerns Winston has. Just stating the obvious as of late with these Top QB prospects.
It is the Bengals. Character Concerns are not a problem. Really I think people are over blowing his character concerns. Unless he does something really stupid or has a major injury I see no way him falling out of the Top 10.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 05-30-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It is the Bengals. Character Concerns are not a problem. Really I think people are over blowing his character concerns. Unless he does something really stupid or has a major injury I see no way him falling out of the Top 10.
Overblowing it I think not. It may be more issues that have been swept under the rug. He's Manziel before Manziel as far as being the highs of lows. Towards the end of the Draft process Manziel had increased his stock to where many thought it would be from the start only to slide, which is what I believe will happen to Winston.

But hey this is a Mock Thread and I do not want to continue making this about Winston, so I will not speak anymore on the personal within this thread.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-30-2014, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Overblowing it I think not. It may be more issues that have been swept under the rug. He's Manziel before Manziel as far as being the highs of lows. Towards the end of the Draft process Manziel had increased his stock to where many thought it would be from the start only to slide, which is what I believe will happen to Winston.

But hey this is a Mock Thread and I do not want to continue making this about Winston, so I will not speak anymore on the personal within this thread.
Talent eventually will outweight character concerns. He is the most talented QB since Andrew Luck and should be the 1st QB off the board, but some teams will be scared off and others won't care. I figure the Bengals would be team that should be in the running in for him depending on how the season shacks out.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-31-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOLZ at the Cowboys picking top 5.... I thought people on this board knew more football than watching ESPN?
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I know for a fact! I will be bashed for projections but I wanted to go outside the "norm" a bit, although I believe some of these outrageous seedings are probable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadcasterC View Post
LOLZ at the Cowboys picking top 5.... I thought people on this board knew more football than watching ESPN?
Do you not read?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-31-2014, 12:13 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really hard to say what the Packers will need, but OLB seems like a good enough guess. TE, OLB, ILB, DE, DT could all be huge needs by the end of the year.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 05-31-2014 at 12:20 PM.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:02 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll just leave it at this.. If the Ravens picks 17 (or more) spots before the Raiders this year, I will donate 200$ to a charity of your choice, Shylo.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:43 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
I'll just leave it at this.. If the Ravens picks 17 (or more) spots before the Raiders this year, I will donate 200$ to a charity of your choice, Shylo.
I am totally aware that I may be reaching with a lot of these but no one knows anything. Who had the #1 pick in 2013 and what was the outcome of their season?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-01-2014, 12:33 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top ten for Sf ouch? Wtf. Dies kept get injured or something?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:24 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am totally aware that I may be reaching with a lot of these but no one knows anything. Who had the #1 pick in 2013 and what was the outcome of their season?
Yes, you have made that quite clear. And if that particular scenario happends, I will donate money to charity. Simple and simple.

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 06-01-2014 at 03:27 AM.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:12 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
It's really hard to say what the Packers will need, but OLB seems like a good enough guess. TE, OLB, ILB, DE, DT could all be huge needs by the end of the year.
I totally agree that they are hard to project at times because everyone thinks the obvious, when they do not go in route of the obvious.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-01-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Top ten for Sf ouch? Wtf. Dies kept get injured or something?
I just see a turn of the tide this year. This will be the biggest WTF moments of the season. You are so worried about the projection that you did not express your views on the selection itself. Tell me how do you feel about Amari Cooper.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-01-2014, 09:18 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes, you have made that quite clear. And if that particular scenario happends, I will donate money to charity. Simple and simple.
How do you feel about taking Todd Gurley within the Top 10?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-01-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
How do you feel about taking Todd Gurley within the Top 10?
Love Gurley as a prospect, but I am a firm believer in never picking RBs in the first round, let alone the top 10, so no thanks on my part. But I could definitly see the Ravens spending a high pick on a running back next year. I personally believe Ray Rice is done, Bernard Pierce can't stay healthy, and so far Lorenzo Talliafero is just a late 4th rounder who have been arrested more times than hes carried a football in the NFL.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:35 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Love Gurley as a prospect, but I am a firm believer in never picking RBs in the first round, let alone the top 10, so no thanks on my part. But I could definitly see the Ravens spending a high pick on a running back next year. I personally believe Ray Rice is done, Bernard Pierce can't stay healthy, and so far Lorenzo Talliafero is just a late 4th rounder who have been arrested more times than hes carried a football in the NFL.
Did this belief come before or after 2008?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-01-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Did this belief come before or after 2008?
Why 2008 specifically?