Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope the Jets stay away. what is his exact contract? fairly large i believe and for a guy who has spent that much time with injury and who appears to have some real problems, i'm not sure if the risk/reward works out

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I already thought that the Rams would go after a 1st round corner and opt for a DT somewhere else. Now this confirms my belief.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
If the Skins got Landry I'd hate to be a WR working the middle of the field with Taylor and Landry back there. Ouch.

Of course why pass when you can probably run for 6 YPC against their DL.
Do you suppose Landry will shy away from the Train like Taylor did?
Old 04-08-2007, 03:26 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers could package either Colin Cole and a third rounder, or Corey Williams and a fifth rounder, plus maybe tossing in another player to make it happen.

Kris Jenkins IS a pro-bowler, three timer and was there last year showing he's back from his injury.

Packer shave his brother signed and Kris would have that positive influence on him in GB, hopefully getting him to work out and show some obligation to his brother to perform at his best.

Kris Jenkins and Ryan Pickett in the middle, with Aaron Kampman and Cullen Jenkins on the outside would be a damn fine team against the run, with some decent pass rush ability on base downs. Toss in KGB on passing downs, as well as Corey Williams if he was still on the team, and the pass rush would be solid on passing downs.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:35 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely hope the Seahawks take him. I don't care how bad of shape he's in. Big with potential is perfect for us. I'd give up our third in an instant.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:48 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
Him on the Raiders would be a bad idea.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8077502/
lol yea I remember that. "Hes ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too"..I guess that rules out a trade to the Raiders.

As for Jenkins, the article kinda sums it up. After the superbowl season he was regarded as the best DT in the league and a great young player. Its been all bad since then, hes having injuries, hes out of shape, alcohol problems, problems in general, somewhat lacking motivation and work ethic and just not the force he once was. A change of scenery would be good for him I think.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we were to switch to a 4-3 this year I'd love to give up a 3rd rounder for him. Hampton and Jenkins in the middle would be a powerful force.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I already thought that the Rams would go after a 1st round corner and opt for a DT somewhere else. Now this confirms my belief.
The message boards don't take too kindly to that idea. I agree, I think corner is a very high probability despite the fans comments on it. That said, they could also just look for best defensive BPA (which could be corner, but could be something else).

Yes, Kris Jenkins has issues to deal with to become a better player, but at the cost of a 3rd rounder? I'd do it, particularly in this draft, which isn't that good, and which lacks DT talent. It's a risk, but I think it's a risk that, if you are looking for interior line talent, it makes a lot of sense, particularly if you have a good DL coach.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

I don't know what we would have to give up for him, but if he would make a good 3-4 NT, I think the Cowboys should try and make a move since we don't really have any holes we can afford to trade a few picks.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never really thought of Jenkins as a 3-4 NT, but I think that may be more due to the fact that he wasn't a 3-4. I think he'd be alright. Dominant? not so sure, but he could probably be fine as a 3-4 NT. Although, I tend to think that, if he was in the 3-4, he might be better off as a 3-4 DE, akin to how Ngata gets utilized.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
There's a discussion in the Carolina team thread, third or fourth rounder being talked about in there I believe.
3rd or 4th? I would give that up for him in a heartbeat. if Atlanta could trade their 3rd for him and doesn't they are makign a mistake. a rotation at DT of Grady Jackson and Kris Jenkins at NT and Rod Coleman and John Babineaux at UT would be a great one. especially with John Abraham at RE.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
d-dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
3rd or 4th? I would give that up for him in a heartbeat. if Atlanta could trade their 3rd for him and doesn't they are makign a mistake. a rotation at DT of Grady Jackson and Kris Jenkins at NT and Rod Coleman and John Babineaux at UT would be a great one. especially with John Abraham at RE.
I don't think the Panthers are going to trade a talented player away to a team that they play twice a year. That doesn't seem like a good football idea.

I'm a big Kris Jenkins fan. Big, fast, strong, and plays with a mean streak. Helluva DT when he was healthy, and only started to get back into playing shape towards the end of the season.

I'm not sure how serious Carolina is for a DT considering how weak this DT class is, unless we are going to spend our #14 pick on a DT, whichever is avaliable. It is possible both Branch and Okoye are gone by 14 which would make it even a worse idea to get rid of a 3 time pro bowler. This could be something let out to motivate Jenkins to get his but in shape BEFORE TC.

I'd take a high 3rd rounder for him, but only if there's some kind of contengency plan avaliable. I mean, with an aging Bucker and Carstens/Moorehead rotating, we were a pretty good D for two years.

I'd hate to see him go, but I want to see him come in shape and ready to play. He seems to have gotten over his emotional/drug/etc issues, now he needs to show a focus to football before anyone goes out and break the draft and bank on him again.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
The message boards don't take too kindly to that idea. I agree, I think corner is a very high probability despite the fans comments on it. That said, they could also just look for best defensive BPA (which could be corner, but could be something else).
For what it's worth, the team supposedly thinks highly of Revis. That being said, I think if they are able to address their interior D-line through a trade like this and Jamaal Anderson is available when the pick comes around, he'll get a long look. Both Linehan and Haslett attended the pro day and have consistently talked about the pass rush being an area to improve well after the Hall trade.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of you guys are crazy to be offerin all of these third rounds picks.

Jenkins isn't going to be anybody's UT in a Cover 2 D. He just isn't built like that. When he is in playing shape, he is close to 340. He was rumored to be in the 380-400 range during the offseason last year and I doubt this year is any different. Maybe you guys could talk Gilbert Brown out of retirement and rotate him with Jenkins at the UT spot.

Jenkins had one dominant year three years ago. Let's no forget that he was playing with three other top NFL starters in Peppers, Rucker and a very underrated Brenston Buckner. Since then, he has been medicore even when he hasn't been hurt. He has been notorious for having a bad attitude, all of the way back to college.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
Some of you guys are crazy to be offerin all of these third rounds picks.

Jenkins isn't going to be anybody's UT in a Cover 2 D. He just isn't built like that. When he is in playing shape, he is close to 340. He was rumored to be in the 380-400 range during the offseason last year and I doubt this year is any different. Maybe you guys could talk Gilbert Brown out of retirement and rotate him with Jenkins at the UT spot.

Jenkins had one dominant year three years ago. Let's no forget that he was playing with three other top NFL starters in Peppers, Rucker and a very underrated Brenston Buckner. Since then, he has been medicore even when he hasn't been hurt. He has been notorious for having a bad attitude, all of the way back to college.
You're right about his supporting cast and weight in TC but remember, the guy made his own name and he always drops the beef before the reg season.

That said, the panthers accept anything less than a second.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams are at the top of the list of teams right now, but the best offer the Panthers have received is a third round pick.

http://community.heraldonline.com/?q...d_the_campfire

This is the blog of Darin Gantt, who according to his bio has been covering the Carolina Panthers for 11 years, nine of which have been with The Rock Hill Herald.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Rams are at the top of the list of teams right now, but the best offer the Panthers have received is a third round pick.

http://community.heraldonline.com/?q...d_the_campfire

This is the blog of Darin Gantt, who according to his bio has been covering the Carolina Panthers for 11 years, nine of which have been with The Rock Hill Herald.
Gantt is normally very reliable with his information. He even reports some information before the Charlotte Observer, which is the #1 source of Panthers' news most of the time.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The availability of Jenkins could have an impact on the Rams' draft strategy, writes John Clayton. The Rams clearly want an upgrade at defensive tackle and Jenkins could be the anchor of their defense. With the No. 13 pick, the Rams would take Louisville defensive tackle Omobi Okoye if he's there, but getting Jenkins could have a more immediate impact.
According to the Charlotte Observer, the Panthers are willing to listen to offers for Jenkins. Because of his reluctance to participate in the offseason training program, the six-year veteran has been a challenge for the Carolina staff.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure hope the rams trade there 4th rounder for him

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:06 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind a third and another pick from the second day.

Our scouts apparently think there's a lot of value in round 3, so I mean if we can get the Rams third and use our 4th and another to move up again to give us 3 3rd rounders the scouts should be happy.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:23 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give up a jelly donut and it'd probably be accepted since Kris Jenkins can't resist jelly donuts.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote