Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-07-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kris Jenkins on the trade block...

http://www.charlotte.com/141/story/77146.html

I posted this in the NFL forum as well, but what do you guys think about us giving a look?

He would be a great, big body that we need at DT.

Plus it would probably give us the best D line in the entire NFL....

Im not sure what kind of compensation we would need to give up, but I would give up a 3rd or 4th rounder for him, which might be possible considering he missed 2/3 of the last 3 years.

Last edited by GiantRutgersFan : 04-07-2007 at 03:14 PM.
GiantRutgersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

considering he is a 3x probowler i would say a 3rd round pick and a conditional pick as well based on his playing time

he is only 27 years old, but im just worried about his injury history- if he panned out to be healthy, it would b the biggest steal ever but i think he would have to lose some weight to stay healthy

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't give up a third. His injury past is what really concerns me. He isn't exactly young anymore either. There is a reason the Panthers are looking to trade him.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't need more injury prone players. Carolina is looking to get rid of him for a reason. He's not the same as he used to be, he has poor work ethic, he takes medication for depression...this all adds up to Carolina trying to get something for him while they can.

I wouldnt touch him. Lets get character guys who are healthy via the draft. Enough of the injury prone/bad character guys. We need to overhaul the personality of this team. If it means rebuilding, so be it. Patchwork doesn't fix anything.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I'm not giving a day one pick, but I would give a 4th and conditional 4th/5th on 2008 for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I'm not giving a day one pick, but I would give a 4th and conditional 4th/5th on 2008 for him.
I absolutely agree.

Number 10, what's this rumor about the Giants looking to trade down? The idea is being thrown around on Giants 101. Did somebody hear something?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
I absolutely agree.

Number 10, what's this rumor about the Giants looking to trade down? The idea is being thrown around on Giants 101. Did somebody hear something?
There is no rumor, just speculation. A trade that moves us down won't happen until draft day if at all. The only way I see that happening is if Branch or Lynch falls to 20 because I don't see anyone else worth trading up for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't notice it was BBD with the new sig.

If this was last year BBD would probably be all over this =P
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I didn't notice it was BBD with the new sig.

If this was last year BBD would probably be all over this =P
I would have. Ive learned alot since the day I signed up for this website and now. And today, I dont wanna gamble on a player with his injury status and poor work ethic.

Seeing what we saw from the Giants these past 2 years opened up my eyes. You can't go after injury prone players. Thats why we keep getting devastated with injuries. Half our roster is old/injury prone. It comes with the territory.

And another thing I learned is, especially with FAs, you can't look at what they did in the past and hope they can return to that form. They are what they are. Injuries change players. You simply aren't the same atheletically after a devistating injury, let alone 2 of em.

My new motto with FAs, is that was then, this is now. They mightve been great 2 years ago/before injury (depending on the player at hand), but that was 2 years ago. That was then, this is now.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
http://www.charlotte.com/141/story/77146.html

I posted this in the NFL forum as well, but what do you guys think about us giving a look?

He would be a great, big body that we need at DT.

Plus it would probably give us the best D line in the entire NFL....

Im not sure what kind of compensation we would need to give up, but I would give up a 3rd or 4th rounder for him, which might be possible considering he missed 2/3 of the last 3 years.
He would be great for any team provided he stays healthy.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Thanks on KJ! Guy has injury issues, and I'd rather hold firm and stick to the draft with all our picks.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote