Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-07-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Trading up

We're in a spot that the positions we need don't really fit where we are picking so trading back seems like a good idea, but that is a very hard thing to do. Since we have en extra 2nd round pick I think it would be a good idea to trade up in the draft. If Calvin Johnson is picked before the Bucs pick there is a very good chance they will try and trade down. Since they want to move down so much, they will probably move down for less than ideal value. If we could get them to move down for our first and our 2nd 2nd (60) I think he would be very much worth it to move up and grab Joe Thomas. Even if we have to give up our first 2nd rounder I still think it would be worth it. I usually would like to keep picks rather than trade them away, but getting an elite talent like Thomas would be well worth it. We would still have 3 day one picks and would be in a lot better shape. What do you guys think?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate giving other picks away and i think we need as many picks as possible, BUT if we traded up for joe thomas it wouldnt bother me one bit. he is the only player that i would be ok with trading up for.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

If we are going to move up, Id rather it not be for Joe Thomas. I'm really high on Joe Staley and Id rather see us trade down for Staley then to trade up for Thomas. Only guys I would trade up for is CJ and BQ.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I like Staley he is much more of a project and really not on the level of Joe Thomas. I really think getting an elite LT would be a lot more beneficial than taking whoever we could get a #9 and #40 or 60. Here is something that is very close in value, #9, #40, #71 for #4 and #64. We'd still have 2 2nd rounders, still have 3 day one picks.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Thomas would be perfect for the Dolphins, if they can get that to happen.

I really see Tampa Bay trading up with Detroit to get Calvin Johnson, and if Detroit really has their eye on Gaines Adams as is rumored, then trading down to #9 essentially eliminates Adams for them. They do want to trade down/get more picks though.

Potential trade (assuming DET trades down to #4)
MIA: #9 (1350), #40 (500), #71 (235) / 2085
DET: #4 (1800), #66 (260) / 2060

Of course, if the Raiders do in fact draft Calvin Johnson, because in Al Davis' mind suddenly a sub-4.4 40 time means he can play for the team (ugh), then there is the chance that Tampa Bay might look to trade down for Amobi Okoye. With Atlanta at #8, there's no guarantee that Petrino won't take his guy though.

Maybe the Bucs "settle" for Alan Branch then, who I think could be the best Tampa 2 NT the league has yet seen.

Potential trade A
MIA: #9 (1350), #40 (500), #71 (235) / 2085
TB: #4 (1800), #64 (270) / 2070

Potential trade B
MIA: #9 (1350), #60 (300), #71 (235), #181 (19) / 1904
TB: #4 (1800), #102 (92) / 1892
Old 04-09-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It is interesting, and I would love Joe Thomas. I do have concerns over his injury history and his arms are supposedly a little short for a left tackle. But, he is my personally choice over any other prospect in this draft as well. A trade to the 4 spot for him or 6 spot for one of the two QBs is fine by me if the price is right. But, I am still on the boat to trade back first of course.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
We're in a spot that the positions we need don't really fit where we are picking so trading back seems like a good idea, but that is a very hard thing to do. Since we have en extra 2nd round pick I think it would be a good idea to trade up in the draft. If Calvin Johnson is picked before the Bucs pick there is a very good chance they will try and trade down. Since they want to move down so much, they will probably move down for less than ideal value. If we could get them to move down for our first and our 2nd 2nd (60) I think he would be very much worth it to move up and grab Joe Thomas. Even if we have to give up our first 2nd rounder I still think it would be worth it. I usually would like to keep picks rather than trade them away, but getting an elite talent like Thomas would be well worth it. We would still have 3 day one picks and would be in a lot better shape. What do you guys think?
9 is a little farther down than the Bucs would trade without getting close to fair value, imo. That takes them out of the Adams, Landry, and possibly Okoye range. I could see them possibly dropping to 7 if they don't want a QB and CJ and Adams are already gone.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Ronnie Brown

The only place we can trade up that makes sense is at #6 with the Redskins, a team thats looking for more picks.

Thomas will be gone by then so that means we'd trade up for Quinn..

I'd love that..
Old 04-15-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
If we are going to move up, Id rather it not be for Joe Thomas. I'm really high on Joe Staley and Id rather see us trade down for Staley then to trade up for Thomas. Only guys I would trade up for is CJ and BQ.
Ditto. If Quinn does to Cleveland, then I think what is most likely to happen is us trading down and landing Staley or taking Ginn at nine. If Cleveland takes Peterson or Russell (Raiders take CJ, Lions pass as well) Then I think the likelhood of us trading up to land Quinn is very high and almost a certainty at this point.

It really depends what happens with the first 3 picks this year. My dream situation would be trading back and landing Ginn or Staley around the 12-16 range, or obviously Quinn falling to number 9 (Leinart situation) and us not having to give up anything to land him.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Memorex
Rookie

Memorex needs more cowbell.

If we take Ginn I think things in my house would be broken.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memorex View Post
If we take Ginn I think things in my house would be broken.
ditto mine too
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote